main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM NMSU AGGIE Sports!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    i agree w/wook on the new logo but on the flip side it could have been worse...all these new administrators need to leave pistol pete the hell alone...put the pistol in one hand and a bottle of booze in the other and drop the lasso...

jaina, on the aggie fan thing...yes, i too am an aggie and an aggie fan...God i miss those 4 years i spent down there

GO Aggies!!!!

Leave the Pistol in Pete

support Pistol Pete by going to: www.leavepistolpetealone.com

i wish "hm"

2. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I have to do this just once since Aggie fans invaded my Lobo thread.

GO LOBOS!

And I hate the look of Pistol Pete, or non Pistol Pete now. What was wrong with the old one?

3. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Go Aggies!!! Just thought I would add my 7 cents.

4. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Are any of you Aggie fans coming up to ABQ for the butt-kicking the Lobos are going to give you on the 17th?

5. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    [face_frustrated] Are you prepared to see the PRIDE blow the spirit out of the water? :p

6. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I just cant wait to see haw bad the Miners are going to beat the Aggies! :p

7. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Mario, I thought you weren't into sports:confused: But I agree with you.[face_mischief]

8. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    your right, I am not really into sports. I just like getting people mad. [face_devil]

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Guess I should've figured that out by now, hu?![face_laugh]

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    So are any of you going to the Battle of 1-10 tomorrow? I'll be there. Two football games in a row, sounds like fun. (I have a game that I'm going to tonight)

11. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Of course we'll be at the Battle of I-10!!! You guys are going down. DOWNTOWN! Okay, maybe not in sports. But we're winning the blood drive. :D

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    We'll see about that!]-}

13. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    NMSU rocks my socks off!!!

I LOVE PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!

14. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I told you UTEP was going to win. The Aggies got beat pretty bad last night. [face_laugh] Hate to say I told you so.... but...... I told you so.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Definately an awesome game last night!]-}

I think I was sitting in the wrong section or something. On our left, there was an Aggie fan and lots of UTEP fans around. The Aggie fan was about ready to pick a fight /c some of the UTEP fans because they were all saying Aggies... (don't want to finish that sentence). His buddies had to hold him back. Then later there was a guy to our right who was smoking (in a non-smoking area) and one guy asked him to not smoke and the smoker got angry and started picking a fight. It was interesting to say the least.

16. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Red_8, you didn't have to tell us so, precendent already had said so. Last night was really good though, considering we lost 45-0 last year, and only 34-17 this time around. A significantly smaller gap! :D

PRIDE kicked butt though, EVEN without uniforms! The Miner band did something really icky by playing during our fight song. Very wrong! We never would do something like that to them.

17. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Yeah, that's the important thing- that PRIDE kicked major butt! It was really late before that game got over though, I did not like that. But I do like pretty fireworks!

18. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    Yeah I guess winning isnt everything. UTEP can be sore winners at times. With that aside it was a pretty cool game. I heard that he staduim was completly packed. SWJaggy, we should get togetjer for the next home game so I wont be alone with my parents.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That sounds like a good idea Red. My parents got season tickets anyway. It would be fun.

20. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey all - I will need your support as I cheer on the Aggies and the Lobo/Aggie game here...it's gonna be rough, but I'm willing to do it for the Aggies! (Please at least make it a good game..[face_praying] )

21. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey Wook! Guess what! PRIDE is coming up, so we'll be there too! :D

22. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    AWESOME! I'll definitely head on down to your area then to say hi..don't know where my tickets are yet, but I gotta stay with the Aggie bunch. It's been a while since I've sang the fight song!

Gotta warn you though - my little one (he's 5) is a Lobo...sad to say. We're doing everything we can to break him free from the evil spell *sigh* :_|

So I will apologize in advance if you see him wearing a lobo hat - GRRRRR. :mad:

23. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Haha, it will be okay. He doesn't know any better! ;)

24. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Yeah, he's young, they're easily corruptable at that age, so hopefully it's just a temporary thing. :p

25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you guys at the "game". Or Sunday either

Hope you had a good time though - even though the outcome was what I expected, I am glad we at least got some points on the board!