main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NNNNNext?

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ohhh would love to come to this event, but with work kickin back up and my own school starting, I'm gonna have to check my schedule.

But don't give up hope yet! :)

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Memo? What memo? Last I heard, there was some emergency back at the Temple and we should all head on back to help deal with it. I should be landing shortly, maybe Masters Yoda and Kenobi can tell me about it then...

- Kai, Terminally Clueless

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    To: Kai_Vandekar <kai@jeditemple.org>
    Fwd: Subject: Major Sith Offensive - stay away from the Temple

Obi-wan Kenobi <kenobi@jeditemple.org> wrote:

> Date: 5124.83
    > From: Obi-Wan Kenobi <kenobi@jeditemple.com>
    > Subject: Major Sith Offensive - stay away from the Temple
    > To: All Jedi; All Padawans
    >
    > A short time ago you all received a coded message calling for the return of all Jedi and
    > Padawans to the Temple on Corscant. DISREGARD THAT ORDER! It was a Sith
    > trick, to lure all remaining Jedi into a trap.
    >
    > The Sith have begun a massive assult against us on all fronts. The Temple has been attacked
    > and demolished. It grieves me to report that Master Yoda and I have found no survivors
    > in the wreckage.
    >
    > Also be aware that the Clone Troopers under both my command and that of Master Yoda turned
    > on us and attempted to kill us. Given our lack of contact with the other Jedi out in the
    > field, we can only conclude that ours were not isolated situations. All Clone Troopers are
    > now to be considered the enemy, with the specific mission to assasinate all Jedi. No matter
    > what, do not trust any of them, no matter how good your working relationship was in the
    > past. They are to be avoided at all costs.
    >
    > Given this, as well as certain other matters of a previously classified nature, we believe
    > this treachery against the Jedi must extend to the highest levels of the Republic
    > Government. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and those closely associated with him are to be
    > considered probable enemies.
    >
    > Your new orders are to retreat, avoiding all contact with other Republic forces or
    > authority. We do not yet have a safe and secure haven. For further developments,
    > directions, and instructions, please contact Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan
    > <organa@budding-rebelalliance.org>. He will be assisting us in coordinating these matters.
    >
    > May the Force be with you all,
    > Jedi Master Obi-wan Kenobi

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    On the other topic - I might be up for meeting up with people to go to the Toy Faire. I have a tentative previous committment for that day, but I haven't gotten confirmation on it yet. If it falls through, then I'd love to meet up with people for the faire.

Assuming, of course, that my car is running again by then. [face_plain]

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh, THAT memo. Damn, I knew I should've checked my holo-mail earlier.

*glances dubiously at heavily guarded Temple entrance from a distance of about 15 feet*

I wonder if it's too late to stroll casually, past, whistling and pretending I was bound for another destination entirely?

(LOVE the memo!)

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I think you both have taken one too many rides on the Dipper... I can't imagine that the Sith would ever be behind such a thing, besides, we all know they are extinct, merely a legend, a figment of a fertile imagination.

Even if there were, oh, say one or two around, what threat would they be really? I'm sure they would be content to live their lives peacefully on a beach somewhere digging for clams and skipping rocks across the water and helping children safely cross the street.

Don't you think?

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Categorically?

No.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I concur.

Besides, what, do you think the Jedi Temple destroyed itself...?

It may take a lot, but even Jedi can eventually learn the value of suspicion and paranoia, and when we have a huge red target painted on us.

Um, Kai - it sounds like you made it out ok?

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    And remember, some of us have a bigger "Red Target" painted on us than others. Everyone watch your backs out there. Will give later communication for next meeting of survivors.

**end transmission: Kenobi out**

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Sure, I made it out "ok"...if by "ok" you mean skulking around evading security sweeps, looking constantly over my shoulder, and hiding out every night in tenement buildings that somehow all smell like a Sarlaac's armpit, sure, I made it out just fine, you bet.

Pardon me if I've lost a bit of that vaunted Jedi serenity...

- Kai, Not Feelin' the Love

;)

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Kai,

Just take a deep breath and comptemplate the glory and wonder that is your navel! (hmm sounded better when Master Qui-Gonn said it..sounds sorta ..well..like an excuse to veg out now)

Master Kenobi out (and going to ponder the meaning of what he was told by Master QG to ponder!):cool:

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Boy, if that's the extent of Jedi wisdom concerning wholesale slaughter...

- Kai, not interested in her navel right now, thanks

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    ...oooookay

So, ahem, before this thread took the really strange turn we were talking about events.

We (My lovely wife and I) won't be making the toy show in San Jose this weekend as Kitty's knee is still pretty shakey (and we are running out of room for toys, heh).

As far as Silicon in October, we haven't given it much thought, but it is local so maybe we'll hang out for a day, probably Saturday if any.

Just taking it easy, taking a break from things to recenter and regroup, we're still around.

(waves to all)

DLS

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    After having the students back today...I just wanna go somewhere quiet and crash...."Bugs and worms, there not just for breakfast anymore!" Sorry, Kindergartners..gotta love em...
    or to quote WW..."Ew!"

[face_laugh]

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    "You're so odd.."

Dana from Ghostbusters, 1984

16. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh fine, just DRAG me back on topic. ;)

I probably will day-trip to Silicon. MIGHT be in the masquerade doin' Firefly related stuffs again, but it depends on factors with my homegirls. :)

I'll be out of comm-range for the weekend...must attend a relative's birthday.

- Kai

17. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Not that you need yet another convention, buuuuttt....

http://www.creationent.com/cal/farscape.htm

Personally though, I think that CreationCon is mostly responsible for the decline in conventions from what they once were. They suck up the stars for big bucks and have driven the prices up throughout the industry, so I haven't been to one in over a decade.

I also don't much like cattle crowd control. But if you are looking for specific names, they have them.

There is one scheduled for San Jose, but nothing about who or how much.

::shrugs::

I miss the old days of TimeCon, but since that is where I met the most amazing woman in my life (Mrs. Sid), I might be a little biased...

@--->--- For my sweetie

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    CreationCons are still around? [face_hypnotized] Argghhh biggest ripoffs in the galaxy. I heard they finally got them run out of the East Coast and I know there was a huge effort to get them shut down here. Mainly cause they treat the fans horribly and charge major bucks for everything. But, they are a convention.

Hmmm, Silicon..need to get the info on that one..Maybe..Maybe..

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm a maybe on Silicon as well. Like Kenobi, I'll need to check out the details. (Like scheduling, cost, ect...) It would certainly be fun to see everyone again.

Kai - it would be awesome to see you do some Firefly costume stuff!

20. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    http://www.siliconventions.com/

Here's the link to Silicon. Kind of pricy considering what you get, which is far less than Baycon. We don't have any plans for this yet, not sure how it will fit into the scheme of things. Might be cool to go for the one night and hit the parties, and if the parties are dull, we can peruse the haunted houses in the area, Pirates of Emerson and such. On the other hand, if it's $65 for just the day, I'm having a bit of heartburn justifying that in the face of what we get out of the con. Heck, all we get out of the convention itself is the Dealer's Room (which the dealers pay a fee for), the parties (which the party hosts pay for), and the costume contest. Most of it is paid for by the fans, and shoot, for a lot less we could hold our OWN little gathering somewhere else...

Sadly in fact, most of the conventions up here and anywhere just pale in comparison to ComicCon now, even CIII was no where near as well run. Now if it weren't for the high cost of hotels there... ah well. /rant off

As for haunted houses, we HAVE to hit the one in Santa Cruz again, it has been very original the past few years, very well done. GYRO is on again in Cupertino, but no idea how it will be, it seems to be on the decline and has lost its edge. And there's the Cornfield in Hollister, which was awesome, but is heavily affected by the weather, since it's out in the open.

We also have not discussed the trip down for the costume exhibit in LA starting in September and running through December, the SFFF has been on top of this one for a while, maybe if we don?t go you can hook up with them.

And if we do drag ourselves all the way down to LA, well, Disneyland is not that much further, and neither is Knott?s Scary farm either. And for those who make costumes, there is the garment district as well.

Kind of depends on the budget, health issues, scheduling and such. But let's see what interest there is in doing what, then we'll go from there.

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Not sure about Silicon right now..depends on those bloody Fri/Sat classes I have to take (some weeks on, some weeks off) but as soon as I get a final schdule we will see.. course my ears perked up at Disneyland !! And Knotts too. Since I used to drive StageCoach there...well it's been a while since I've been back at my old stomping ground. We are still talking about how much fun we had at the Boardwalk..so always up for that one again. (hint hint)..

Sooo, Fearless Leader (yeah you Sid)...whatya think on this or more stuff? :D :)

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oy!! Um, yeah. Sounds like Silicon will a bit pricy for me right now, especially if there isn't a lot going on.

I'm all up for going to visit the haunted houses, though. I don't think I've been in one since grade school. Where is the one in Santa Cruz?

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    The one in SC is right across from the Boardwalk, they start setting it up in a couple weeks I believe.

24. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    My plan was to daytrip Silicon. I'm immensely poor at the moment, myself. But maybe if we all daytripped the SAME day/evening...? And yes, haunted houses sound spiffy!

On an unrelated note...SOB!!!! My computer is too lame to play the Lego Star Wars game! I am sad! I have it, and I can't play it! *sniffle*

25. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    This should be on their website...

"Welcome to LucasArts games: Prepare to upgrade"

More of my upgrades have been driven by THEM than anyother software out there. And the video cards they support change all the time too.

:(

We feel your pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.