main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN No 2008 GGI Clone War Footage At CIV!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Folks the official SW site has stated that no CGI Clone War footage will be shown at CIV. Just another reason I say...

make mine Wonderfest 2007

nuff said.

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay CIV goers...prove starwars.com wrong. Bring us some footage!!! The challenge is on.

If there is none well that really stinks because we have heard that they have ______ (I forgot the exact number) of episodes in various stages of production.

If it's about 1 year out and you can't see any tidbits at C-4...:rolleyes: [face_shame_on_you] ...shame on LFL!

PS - This should have gone in the existing "bash C-4" thread...:p

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    lmao

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I'll let ya know if I see any footage. Where exactly is this announcement on the SW site? I didn't find it. :oops:

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Nope was NOT the official SW site, but Dark Horizons. In an interview with Rick McCallum - DH was told that no CGI Clone Wars footage will be available for viewing at CIV. This is because Lucasfilm has not yet secured a network for the series. So the poster we see on Theforce.net is the only glimpse we'll have till 2008. Too bad I was waiting for Youtube to have the footage for free. HEH-HEH-HEH. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fans never seem to learn from the prior Lucasfilm/Gen-Con 'burn'. HEH-HEH-HEH. Make mine Wonderfest 2007 - nuff said. HEH-HEH-HEH.
    [face_shame_on_you]
    [face_laugh]
    [face_flag]

6. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Wrong.

7. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I am glad that they were able to show some footage. It's now available at the Star Wars Official Site and it looks spectacular. I just think it will take some time to adjust to how they all look. I hope this will be the catalyst for getting some Torents in some form of fashion, whether it be Titanium or 3.75 scale.

Anyways. :rolleyes:

I remember hearing from some other websites and forums that they were not showing the footage based upon what Dark Horizons had posted. I am glad that the site was either wrong or something was arranged at the last minute.

8. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    They told us at the panel that they decided last minute to do something. The director pulled an all nighter to put it together. :)

9. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm glad they showed it...can't believe it was a last minute thing. Much like "Rick McCallum's Spectacular" in previous Celebrations, this should have been a major part.

10. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Loved the trailer posted at SW dot com.

Is it just me, or did that guy with R2 in the last shot look more like a Solo kid than Anakin Skywalker?

11. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yay! Glad all y'all who went to LA had a good time!

12. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    It was also really good on a huge screen with digital projection and sound. Beats a computer screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.