No 2008 GGI Clone War Footage At CIV!

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Ulkesh2, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Folks the official SW site has stated that no CGI Clone War footage will be shown at CIV. Just another reason I say...

make mine Wonderfest 2007

nuff said.

2. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay CIV goers...prove starwars.com wrong. Bring us some footage!!! The challenge is on.

If there is none well that really stinks because we have heard that they have ______ (I forgot the exact number) of episodes in various stages of production.

If it's about 1 year out and you can't see any tidbits at C-4...:rolleyes: [face_shame_on_you] ...shame on LFL!

PS - This should have gone in the existing "bash C-4" thread...:p
  3. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    lmao
  4. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'll let ya know if I see any footage. Where exactly is this announcement on the SW site? I didn't find it. :oops:
  5. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope was NOT the official SW site, but Dark Horizons. In an interview with Rick McCallum - DH was told that no CGI Clone Wars footage will be available for viewing at CIV. This is because Lucasfilm has not yet secured a network for the series. So the poster we see on Theforce.net is the only glimpse we'll have till 2008. Too bad I was waiting for Youtube to have the footage for free. HEH-HEH-HEH. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fans never seem to learn from the prior Lucasfilm/Gen-Con 'burn'. HEH-HEH-HEH. Make mine Wonderfest 2007 - nuff said. HEH-HEH-HEH.
    [face_shame_on_you]
    [face_laugh]
    [face_flag]
  6. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Wrong.

7. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am glad that they were able to show some footage. It's now available at the Star Wars Official Site and it looks spectacular. I just think it will take some time to adjust to how they all look. I hope this will be the catalyst for getting some Torents in some form of fashion, whether it be Titanium or 3.75 scale.

Anyways. :rolleyes:

I remember hearing from some other websites and forums that they were not showing the footage based upon what Dark Horizons had posted. I am glad that the site was either wrong or something was arranged at the last minute.
  8. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    They told us at the panel that they decided last minute to do something. The director pulled an all nighter to put it together. :)
  9. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad they showed it...can't believe it was a last minute thing. Much like "Rick McCallum's Spectacular" in previous Celebrations, this should have been a major part.
  10. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Loved the trailer posted at SW dot com.

Is it just me, or did that guy with R2 in the last shot look more like a Solo kid than Anakin Skywalker?

11. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay! Glad all y'all who went to LA had a good time!
  12. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was also really good on a huge screen with digital projection and sound. Beats a computer screen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.