main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No adverts!!! what advert? deleted my post for now reason, not good people

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Pat-bk-Fitzsimons, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Pat-bk-Fitzsimons Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Morgaine

why did you cut off my link, did you even go to the site, we make costumes and props for our club and going to conventions and will be showcasing our work on our site to help people make their own.

We don't sell anything we are just fans making stuff, I will also be putting up a lot of fan fiction and script stuff and fan films.

We just wanted to make some friends in the community and i have to say that you deleted my post without even looking, disgraceful stuff for what?s supposed to a fan community.

This not a good start, I hoped that someone would like to make some new friends in the community but I guess not

EDIT: Thread closed, it no longer serves a purpose as reasons to the original thread closure were posted.

2. Emp_Palpartine

Emp_Palpartine Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I'll be your friend :)

and your post was locked because you were promoting your own sites and that isn't alowed. you can put your site in your signiture tho :)

Emp_Palpartine

3. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Jun 25, 2002
    So I can't actually tell anyone were the stuff is that we do, wow!!!! That really is bad, this is supposed to be fun stuff, we don't make money we do all of this out of a love for the films.

So were can we tell people on this forum about a new site dedicated to fan films fan fiction, creating costumes and props, helping others to do the same and enhancing the community or do we just have you all guess were where it is and what we do.

Pat

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    You're not allowed to create posts specifically to promote your sites. You are allowed to advertise them in your signature and bio, and technically you're allowed to suggest them if someone asks for that sort of site, but posts relating purely to the promotion of a site that a member is affiliated with are prohibited.

5. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Jun 25, 2002
    thats madness utter control freak madness. so i can't tell anyone about what we do and were we do it, we do a lot of work for charity to and i have to say that this has just totally puts me off thw whole star wars commnunity instantly.

this is very sad, all we wanted to do was make some new friends and show people what we do for fun.

very very sad. its seems you can't even be a fan of star wars anymore without people jumping on you for something.

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm sorry that you are feeling frustrated, but it is a part of the rules here at the JC boards.

Edit: You can post the sites address in your signature and bio.

7. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    According to the Terms of Service (the link of which is beneath your log in name at the top of the page)says:
    Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other commercial solicitations are inappropriate on the Forums.

Now, if you happen to be in a costume making thread and someone is wondering how other members have made certain types of costumes, you can post a link to your web site to show what you've done since it's part of the thread's natural conversation.

If you create a thread specifically just to promote your site, it would be considered spam...especially if you're posting it throughout different forums. Same goes if you post the link in multiple unrelated threads. If you do it too often, it won't be long before a Mod will give you a "spanking".

If your main purpose for joining the JC is to promote your website, you may not have much luck.

You can make friends here and have fun here just fine through conversation and in following the rules. Check out the different forums and see if you find one that fits your interest. Talk to others and be yourself and you should do fine.

8. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Jun 25, 2002
    you make it sound like we are trying to mske money by promoting our site. i am sorry this rule is worrying, we have no adverts on our site, not even a counter, what we do we do for fun and for charity and if we can't let people know about all the fan stuff we do in the fan forum then whats the point.

we lauched the site and let every one know here who we are and what we hope to do, if thats not allowed then this forum isn't about fans and friendshiip its abotu people contrilling what we say and what we do.

strange, i posted in the costume and brisish isles fan section to, and they just went to the site and welcomed us with open arms and will be happy to see more of what we are doing.

this rule is wrong and their are no two ways about it.

Pat

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ok when you posted in the costume and british isles section, they welcomed you because that board was made specifically for customes, if you post else where then you are breaking the rules, other boards are for seperate topics. Classic trilogy, is for discussing the first three movies. Episode III (non-spoilers) fans go there to speculate what might happen in the third movie but they don't want to guess. Fan Fiction Short Stories is for the sole purpose of fans wanting to write fan fics on either what they think would've happened if something in the books were altered and a different scene played out. Or they have cross overs.

Morgaine was doing her job as a moderator. You can't hold this against her, she is making sure everyone is following the rules.

10. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It's not that we're not interested in checking out the hard work that you have done. It's actually quite the opposite. :D

It's just that there are certain places for the various types of posts on the JC in order to keep it organized so that everyone can find what they're interested in and check it out. Personally, I'd get upset if I went into the EpIII spoilers forum to find it littered with threads on how to create muffin tins out of foil. I'm more likely to expect and accept that thread to pop up in the JCC were they talk about all around misc stuff. Mods have the dubious honor of making sure that the forums stay uncluttered and that things that are posted fall within the rules that they have to enforce.

I'm glad you found a forum where they accepted your post and look forward to checking out your site. :D

11. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    this rule is wrong and their are no two ways about it.

Well, sorry, Joe, but rules is rules. If you don't like 'em, tough beans. Sorry to be so rough, but that's how it goes.

12. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    Just looked thru your posts, and discovered that you also SPAMMED your site in over 4 different forums. [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

13. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Jun 25, 2002
    i didn't spam as you put it, i launched a new site and let the fan commnuty know in each of the forums, i haven't kept on doing it, haven't done it again here nor will i be posting here again so its no problem, just another fan put off by the eliete forums dudes.

later.

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You can send it to one board, but if you keep doing it over and over again it is considered spamming. You can have the links in your sig.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That post was appropriate in the costume forum, and in the FF forum where you belong. To post it several times is spamming and Morgaine did the right thing.

Start posting as normal and put the link in your sig and bio, that's the best way of doing it. :)

16. oobidonkanoobi

oobidonkanoobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    gurrrr! morgaine sucks

EDIT: oobidonkanoobi, why did you bring up this 4 1/2 month old thread simply to flame an RSA? Let this be a warning to you, not to flame ANYONE. I am closing this thread as it no longer serves any purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.