Saga No (Anakin/Barriss Offee fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4

Title: No
    Summery: Barriss and Anakin are sparring and Anakin doesn't take losing well so Bariss teaches him a lesson
    Time frame: A year before AOTC
    Rating:G
    Disclaimer: I own nothing

Anakin Skywalker stalked the small room, his eyes never leaving that of his companion. Barriss didn't flinch, just raised her saber in a defensive posture.
    She was not afraid of him.
    Anakin's hand tightened on the hilt of his own sword, impatience.
    He struck wildly. His strikes were in the mode of attack, hers of defense and no matter how much of a battering she took Anakin could not get through the defence. She smirked slowly, this was the Jedi way.
    And as long as she kept it near, Anakin could not hurt her.
    Anakin could feel the black well of anger rise in him, and tried to tamp down on it. Barriss was his friend, but he hated losing and he would make her pay.
    He launched himself at her, his vision clouded by anger, throwing her against the wall, Barriss's head connected with a thump and her eyes glazed over for a moment. Anakin felt savage pride he was wining.
    But he didn't want to win like that.
    Anakin tightened on his resolve, Barriss stared up at him, and then lowered her guard, her shoulders slumped. Anakin grinned, this was it, he could win this by touching her neck.
    End point.
    But as he did so she stepped to the side, grabbing his arm as she did so, raising it up and over forcing Anakin into a backflip to the mat. The boy howled in pain as Barriss, put her hand on his chest, a physical order.
    'No'
    Barriss stared hard into Anakin's eyes, seeing the darkness, like poison slowly filling the bright blue dephs.
    "No, Anakin. This is not the way" she added the weight of the force in her tone. Anakin snarled, trying to push her away. Barriss rolled her eyes and straddled him, using her whole weight to pin him to the ground.
    "No, Anakin" It was an order
    She stared at him fiercly. Making his see the truth. The posion ebbed slightly
    "No" This time it was barely more then a whisper, but Anakin nodded, turning his head to the side, a mixture of disgust and sorrow written on his face.
    Barriss got up, but Anakin's gentle touch to her knee stopped her.
    "Thank you"
    "Ani, don't become what they say you can become. Prove them wrong."
    Anakin's expression changed until it became playful and intense
    "What about you?" he asked,
    "What about me?" Barriss retorted, suddenly hyper aware of where she was sitting.
    "Have I proved you wrong. Have you always thought I would turn?"
    Barriss considered, she had always thought he was dangerous,and said so, Anakin only nodded.
    "I think you could be a good Jedi if only you let go of your hate." She tried to lighten the mood by gently swatting him on the chest and mimicking master Yoda "That way leads to the darkside"
    Anakin took her hand, gently running his fingers over her own, studying them.
    "You're right" he said agreeably. He suddenly looked at her, his blue eyes so intense that Barriss gasped.
    "Will you help me?" he asked, "Help me overcome my anger. I know I can do it if you help me" he said it with all the inthusiam of a child expecting christmas.
    "Why me?" Barriss asked, wanting to pull away from his grasp but not trying to, at all, and Anakin seemed a little too comfortable with her sitting on his lap and playing with her wrist.
    "Because you stood up to me." He grinned, "Not many people stand up to me."
    She didn't like the passion in his gaze, or where it was directed but she nodded
    "If I can help I'd like to"
    Barriss bent slightly to make it easier for her to get up, her back screamed in protest. She shouldn't have gone on the mission with her master.
    Anakin grabbed her gently lowering her face to his own and kissing her. Barriss allowed it for several seconds then broke away, looking anywhere but at her fellow Padawan.
    "No, Anakin" she said sternly.
    It wasn't until later that she realized that she had kissed him back.

2. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    This board is the best place for experimentation. I'd like to see this become something more.

~aeryn
  3. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I like this story! Is there more?

BAD ANI! ***slaps the back of his head*** YOU CAN'T KISS BARRIS! You have to kiss Padmé. ;)

Ooooooo, I wonder wut happens when Obi finds out!
  4. sidious618 Jedi Master

star 6
    I really liked that story! Any more?
  5. ZaraValinor Jedi Master

star 4
    This is really good. I always liked Barriss and the fact that Anakin kissed her was sheer genius. Anakin came from a loving mother a demonstrative mother, t would only go to show that Anakin would inherit this trait.
  6. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4

Aeryn sun: Thanks I wanted to do something different. I liked the Barriss/Anakin idea since I read ?Approaching storm?

Diamond Pony2002- Padme isn?t in the picture

Sidious618- Not really sure if there is more. I pretty much posted it to see people?s reactions.

Zara valinor- thanks I?m glad you liked it, I always (normally) like to do nice Anakin and I guess that comes from his mother

Thanks to everyone who reviewed my little fic.
    I really appreciate it
  7. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm not an Anakin/Padme 'shipper but the mention of Anakin with somebody else, other than Padme, caught my eye and my curiousity got the best of me.

~aeryn
  8. Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Awesome fic, hopefully its just the start.

Normally I only read the Ani/Ami stories but the idea of Anakin and Barriss is something I really liked.

~Kat
  9. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    OC I wasn't planning on writing anything more but if ppl want some more then.....
    Note: Mush alert it's a bit cheasy but I liked it as I wrote it.

Barriss threw a training probe into the air, watching it spin, the lights were down low and the only light came from the droids red beam and Barriss's lightsaber.
    The droid went into evade mode, melting imto the darkness, Barriss didn't move, straining hr senses. Probes were always hard to find, since they didn't give themselves away like a lifeform enemy. There was no tell tale russle of clothing or even breathing. ANakin's fault was that he always gave her an opening when his hands would tighten around the hilt of his saber, giving her a clue as to where he moved.
    Barriss scowled, she wasn't here to think about Anakin Skywalker, he obviously only thought of himself, she didn not want to add to his ego that could drag a number of planets into a black hole.
    Senseing the droids approach Barriss whirled, missing the droid by an inch.
    This was all his fault he was distracting her.

This was defiently all Barriss's fault Anakin Skywalker decided. She was distracting him, he couldn't concentrate since he had kissed her.
    And she kissed him back.
    He was sure of it, he didn't know why he couldn't get her out of his head, she was pretty sure but so where most girls but he couldn't deny the aura around her, one of peace and someone in absolute control. Anakin rarely felt in control.
    Anakin sighed, he needed to knock some droids around, that would make him feel better. He wondered if he should tell Master Obi Wan but then disregarded it, Obi Wan was his closest companion and he loved him but it would be weird talking to him about Barriss.
    He didn't want to talk about Barriss.
    The training room had a red light above when someone was inside so that they would not be disturbed, Anakin noted the sheet stabled into the wall. The time was aloctated to Barriss Offee.
    Anakin was elated and annoyed. He didn't know what do think when Barriss was around. She was different, she didn't think he was special and she looked him straight in the eye, she was not intimidated, and she had the prettiest eyes.....
    Anakin groaned aloud. He really needed help, sorting his feelings out and he was pretty sure Barriss felt the same way.

Anakin watched as Barriss neatly cut the droid in half. The training droids were a good source of outlet of emotion even for those who didnt show that much emotuon.
    Well it was cheaper then therapy and less painful then going to the healers.
    "You're good" Anakin commented, Barriss rolled her eyes, turning to regard her companion.
    "I know. I practice" Anakin could hear the message underneath.
    "Just because I'm good at things doesn't mean I'm a bad person."
    Barriss holstered her lightsaber, bringing a bottle of water to her lips,
    "I prefer to work for what I earn" she said
    Anakin took a deep breath, alternatively wanting to slice her in half and wanting to kiss her again.
    He was amused to see she was as on edge as he was. He was getting to her. He knew it.
    'And she's getting to you' a snide little voice added.
    "Look Barriss we have to talk?"
    "What about?" her voice was compleatly neutral.
    Aankin could play this game too.
    "Well if you really need reminding" he took a step forward, and Barriss took a step back. She avered her face so that he kissed her check.
    "Barriss I know you feel it too...." she moved away and he followed, shadowing her moves until Barirss finally stopped "So what do I feel Anakin? Since you know so much about me. How I feel?" under her pericing gaze his reslove melted.
    "Anakin what you felt was lust, not whatever you think you feel for me."
    Anakin protested but Barriss cut him off. "It happened and It won't happen again" was it his imagination or did she sound wistful, he had to pursue this.
    "Barriss I've felt lust before okay, belive me" seeing her disgusted expression he bulldozed on. "But I didn't feel that with you, it felt different, kinda lightheaded but in a good way."
    "You know the healers have
  10. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    This is before AoTc right? I'm glad you decided to continue this, Han :D Can't wait to read the rest.

~aeryn
  11. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ***say's "WHAAA-!" like a bird squaking*** AND YOU JUST LEAVE IT THERE?!?!?!?! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!
  12. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    And she slaps him! And I laugh!

Or.

They kiss and I say, "Awwwww."

Great story. Feel free to continue as soon as possible.

lordmaul13
  13. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    Barriss started to form the word no which made the touch of his lips from a touch to a kiss Barriss felt the reslove she had so carefully built start to melt, but Barriss if anything was concious of her surroundings and her surroundings were very public. She could feel her Master aproaching and even though Barriss felt she could discuss anything with her Master, trying to explain why she was kissing her male counterpart was not a conversation she ever wanted to have. Quickly she pushed against Anakin pulling him away, he gave her a look that was clearly disbelieving, but she was just in time since Luminara was walking towards them, and if she noticed that Barriss was looking at the floor, her gold skin hiding the fact that she was blushing and Anakin was looking at her she didn't say anything.
    "Everything alright?" Luminara asked, looking from Anakin to Barriss
    "Yes Master" Barriss said quickly before Anakin could say anything.
    It was obvious that Luminara didnt believe her but Barriss countered on the fact that Luminara would not even consider the truth and Barriss didnt want to help her Master.
    As Barriss walked away Anakin called after her
    "We'll finish our discussion later" to Luminara the call was the friendly banter between friends but Barriss heard the demand underneath and Anakin's voice in her head.
    'I'm not letting this go Barriss. I know how I feel'
    Barriss simply tightened her sheilds against him.
  14. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    ooh, this is getting good. they were almost caught :eek:

~aeryn
  15. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    Angst and AU
    Spoilers: After Attack of the clones
    Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters

"Anakin?"
    Barriss approached her fellow Padawan with caution, she didn't know what to say to him. She just knew he needed her.
    Even if he didn't think he did.
    "Anakin" she said again a little more firmly as she reached his elbow, but Anakin's gaze remained on the passing traffic.
    "Everythings the same" he muttered, his voice cracked and broken "Everyone's going on with their lives as if nothing happened. As if the world hasn't ended"
    The male padawan's voice was bitter and Barriss understood it and shared it.
    She wished she could say something, anything to ease his pain. Something that would matter.
    "Anakin, maybe you should come back to class" she offered. Barriss and Anakin had been in galatic polictics when Anakin had abruptly left the classroom, no one had stopped him or called him back, the class had been half empty every eyes was bloodhshot and worn. No one could find words.
    "I'm sorry about Master Obi Wan" Barriss went on softly knowing she would recieve nothing but stony silence but needing to say it. Obi Wan Kenobi's death had been the most recent and one of the most shocking, Barriss herself had believed that the master was getting better until his heart attack, with images of Obi Wan Barriss saw her master in a coma shot in the spine by a blaster bolt, Barriss felt the well of tears inside her but blinked them back.
    Anakin turned bloodshot eyes on her "Everyone's so sorry" his gaze was penetrating lost but with a deadly focus "But being sorry won't bring back Obi Wan, I yelled at him and I killed him" Anakin tilted his head to the sky "Im sorry, I;m sorry I'm sorry" he scremaed Barriss caught him as he fell, sobbing against her shoulder, his weight to much for her to handle and so the only thing she could do for him was break his fall. Barriss's eyes began to stream and this time she didn't stop them, what was the use of pretending she was alright when she wasn't?
    Her comfort came in being in Anakin's arms that he was the one he had leaned upon.
    That he needed her as much as she needed him.
    And maybe the two broken souls could be sated in their sorrow that pooled around their feet.

16. Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How cool! I love the idea of Anakin in love with someone other than Padme. [face_devil] :p
  17. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a darn good thing they didn't get caught.

Obi-Wan is dead?!

I like this story. :) Do keep it up.

lordmaul13
  18. Diabla Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Woah.

Amazing Hananiah - you've really caught my interest! More soon?

-Dia
  19. Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling

star 1
  20. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4

Anakin jerked awake his eyes focusing on in the room around him, he was tired but that was what crying did to you.
    "Barriss?"
    A little confused he got up, finding that he was in his quarters, he didn't remeber anything except that he felt a little better.
    Curious he poked his head out of his bedroom doorway, scanning the common room for Barriss but only saw Bant Eerin, his best friend
    The calamarian smiled gently as she turned to face the padawan.
    "Hey Ani, I made you tea"
    Anakin managed a small smile, he had always liked Bant, and he could never resist her teas but now all he could think about was finding Barriss.
    "Bant what happened to Barriss?"
    Bant took a sip of tea, her large silver eyes blinking slowly "She had to go, but she made sure you were alright first, I think you two would make good friends."
    Anakin nodded, coming to sit on the couch, after a minute she joined him, she gently stroked his cheek, compassion and love flooding from her "Ani, are you alright?" it was more then a simple question and for a moment Anakin couldnt understand why she was asking it then he remembered Barriss must have told Bant about his breakdown on the balcony.
    "I'm alright Bant I promise" he widened his blue eyes when Bant looked at him "Bant I'm fine really"
    The Calamarian rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath that sounded like stubborn males but Anakin didn't pay much attention. His mind rested with the beautiful girl who had held him while he cried, if he ever needed proof of how he felt about her this was it.
    But he felt fairly certain that Barriss wasn't, he knew her, she would back away from him now, closing down her sheilds but Anakin wouldn't let her.
    if he backed off now he ran the risk of losing her, so he decided he just wouldn't let her get the chance to freeze him out.
  21. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    if he backed off now he ran the risk of losing her, so he decided he just wouldn't let her get the chance to freeze him out.

Good for you Ani! Go for it! Go for it!

lordmaul13
  22. Diabla Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ^ Ditto to what he said -lol :D

Great post - any more soon? *puppy dog eyes* this is so refreshing, a very intreguing paring, please post more soon!

- Dia
  23. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    ^ Ditto what she said. :D

lordmaul13
  24. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    The map room was one of Anakin's favourite places in the Jedi temple. He often pulled up the universe and played with it, his eyes lingering on Tattooine and his mother.
    Anakin needed that solace now. Once he may have gone to Obi Wan.
    Now that was impossible.
    Anakin's expression melted into a smile as he saw Barriss. She was deep in thought staring at the map.
    Maybe he could get two things that he needed.
    Silently he crept behind Barris, hoping to surprise her but Barriss was to fast. She grabbed his arm ready to throw him over her shoulder. She pulled hard enough that their faces were inches apart.
    "hey" Anakin said casually.
    Barriss groaned and instantly let him go.
    "Anakin I don't want to talk to you about...."
    Anakin held up his hand in a gesture of peace.
    "No, No I wasn't I just wanted to ask you something"
    seeing that he genually wanted some advice Barriss coaxed her features into a calm smile. As a healer she had pleanty of practice.
    Anakin took a seat and sighed.
    "They say that Jedi spirits came come back to talk to you right?"
    Barriss nodded silently. "Has someone come back to you?" But in a flash of knowledge she knew that wasn't the problem.
    "No. See when Qui Gon died he used to visit me loads, Y'know helping me adjust."
    "But Obi Wan hasn't come back to you" Barriss finished gently.
    Compasion flooded her. Anakin had the ability to act and sound like an adult with a mixture of childlike innocence.
    "Maybe he needs some time to...adjust"
    The words seemed lame to Barriss, but she didnt know what else to say. She had never died and she didnt know what happened after it happened.
    "Maybe he just doesn't want to" Anakin said despondently.
    There was so much hurt in him, that Barriss could literally feel it pulsing from him in waves.
    "Anakin on the balcony you said it was your fault your master died. Why?"
    Anakin shifted his voice a monotone yet the child in him came through. "He had high blood pressure because of me. He was under a lot of stress" Barriss nodded that was common news.
    "I was angry at him because he was going to be stationing troops for the Republic. I wanted to go with him but he said no. I said some things that I shouldn't....Like I hated him. I never hated him."
    Barriss knelt beside him, searching his face. Making him believe.
    "He knew Anakin."
    Anakin got up, pacing between the holographic galaxy. Instintcively he paused at Tatooine.
    "He had a heart attack in hospital" as if that explained everything. Barriss frowned not following the train of thought.
    "So. The galexy is at war the heart attack could have been induced by the seperatist movement."
    Hope flared in the man before her but was quickly doused by uncertainly.
    "It was me. Because I didn't listen. He said I gave him high blood pressure"
    Barriss sighed. Anakin was so convinced she doubted he could even hear her let alone believe her.
    Barriss sighed wrapping her arms around him. Anakin buried his face in her hair, forgetting everything.
  25. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay count me in as one of your readers for this story. I had never thought of Anakin and Barriss together. I have read the approaching storm, I went back and read the part where Barris told Anakin that he could talk to her if he needed to. So I like your twist to the Padme/Ani connection.
    I am a fan of twists.

I can believe that Obiwan had high blood pressure with Anakin as a padawan. I am sad that he has died, but it does add a interesting angle to the story.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.