NO BOOTLEGS. WE MEAN IT!

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    If anyone is wondering what happened to PadmeBra's thread entitled NO BOOTLEGS, I just deleted it. It turned into a discussion of where to go to get bootlegs, which is rather contrary to the purpose of the thread, don't you think?

Here are the rules:

Posting links to sites where bootlegs are available is prohibited.

Requesting links to sites where bootlegs are available is prohibited.

MENTIONING THE NAMES OF SITES where bootlegs are available is prohibited.

Anyone who requests or provides links to bootlegs, or who argues in favor of bootlegs, or who advocates or facilitates the receiving or distribution of bootlegs, will be banned.

NOW, is that clear?

Incidentally, this is from the RULES OF CONDUCT section of the TERMS OF SERVICE Statement that ALL MEMBERS AGREE TO when posting here:

"User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense."
    (Emphasis added)

Bootlegging is a criminal offense. 'Nuf said.
  2. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, sir. BTW, I agree with you completely on this. No bootlegs or else you're no SW fan!
  3. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    If you think you can download a bootleg, and love it, I am sure you'll be disappointed by it!!!

To TRULY Experience Episode II the way it is intented, you have to see it on a Big screen screen FIRST!!! Better yet, in a theater using Digital Projections!

You CAN wait 5-6 more days, have Patience...

Lower your expetaction a little too, it still ISN'T the second coming according to the critics, Scott, and many've seen it so far.

I Want to see it too, but right now I am totally in Shock as to how bad the review is... :( this sucks!
  4. HighWiredSith Jedi Knight

star 2
    You are all very correct and I apologize for my part in it...sorry.
  5. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    Yeah just wait, it's not far off. We've waited 3 years, some of us 25 years to see this business with the clones and Anakin's turn so a few more days won't hurt.

Besides, the entertainment industry doesn't take this thing lightly so if you don't want to be burned, banned, or legally blasted you should be patient.
  6. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    What happened in that other thread? Was it something I said? I didn't read the responses because it's gone now.

But, yeah, I agree, no bootleg discussions should occur because that would lead to the shut down of this site.
  7. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It's sad when people need to be told this.

[face_plain]

8. Darth_Joe Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So does this mean we can't post links to bootlegs anymore? ;)
  9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    What is so bad about posting links to bootlegs? Does it really matter if people are giving out links to them?
  10. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks like we are back on the bootleg talk. Why wasn't this locked right away and pinned to the top.

11. Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Master

star 3
    NO BOOTLEGS, WE MEAN IT!

Anybody want a peanut?
  12. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    Bib are you being serious?
  13. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Up.

Threads can't be "pinned to the top" as you say.
  14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Yes, I am serious, actually. If someone wants a bootleg, why not go ahead and let them have it? It's not gonna hurt anyone.
  15. wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I concur. Its terrible that we should have to bother with even saying this. Just wait a few more days!
  16. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm pretty sure it'll hurt TF.N

17. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    It's going to hurt TFN once LFL gets wind of it and they shut this place down for having links to bootleg videos. Then it'll hurt all of us regulars who frequent this place the most. Then it might hurt whoever provided the link if LFL's legal department decides to pursure charges of piracy against them.
  18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm just curious as to why it's so bad, that's all. I don't think it could hurt TFN, because I'm sure that LFL doesn't check every one of our posts to make sure we're not doing anything illegal.
  19. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, Bib...that would be illegal. Bootlegging is baaaad.

And thankfully, I dont have to wait 5 days...

Monday cant come fast enough for me!
  20. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This thread isn't helping the matter. I think we all know what happened to the original thread, why do we need a conformation thread. Let it be already.

21. Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Master

star 3
    i don't understand why people think "there's no way LFL could sit here and read every one of our posts."

Hello, we're all sitting here reading every post, why couldn't somebody there be doing the same thing?
  22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Well, at the very least, this discussion is keeping the thread on the top. :D

I don't understand the reasoning, but I'll abide by the rules.
  23. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    Bib what part of the word "illegal" don't you understand?
  24. woop Jedi Knight

star 1
    you guys are all a bunch of nazis. i can understand why you don't want us to post links or names of sites where you can get the bootlegs, but banning us from talking about it alltogether. dude, you got seduced by the darkside.
  25. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That isn't the first time the TFN mods were called Nazi's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.