main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NO BOOTLEGS. WE MEAN IT!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Sometimes it's so funny to hear the arguments here in the US over so-called right wingers and leftists...because their differences are so tiny (that doesn't mean they're unimportant) compared to the full spectrum of world politics.

2. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    the reason Nazism/Fascism is placed on the right side of the political spectrum is because it is reactionary. meaning that it tries to take a nation back to glory days...avoiding change and rekindling the spirit of past greatness....ie)Mussolini - Roman Empire... Hitler - Fredrich the great... and even German union 1871

3. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    ah, good point JB. That's the perfect word -- "glory days".....that's exactly what they tried to recapture. It's unfortunate they became blinded and Hitler came up with such wild notions.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Exactly JBFett. It is trying to turn back the clock. Very nicely put.

5. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    ;)

I am just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

6. JBFett

Feb 15, 2002
    Alright guys...I am off to bed

great conversation...perhaps a thread should be started...

take care..gnight

7. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

If you can't get to the legs, you probably won't reach the bootie.

Chew on that for awhile, [face_laugh]

8. Live Fast...Dianoga

Live Fast...Dianoga Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2000
    sorry to return to a post several entries up, but isnt the term 'commie nazi' an oxymoron?

9. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Yeah, all us admins are commie nazi hippy liberal right wingers!!!11!111!

10. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Sorry if this has been posted.

An excerpt from Associated Press:

Lucasfilm Ltd., which produced the movie, said it was submitting the piracy report to the Motion Picture Association of America for an investigation. If the trade organization identifies whoever is responsible, the company plans to prosecute, Lucasfilm spokeswoman Jeanne Cole said.

"It's an extremely serious threat," said Jean Murrell Adams, head of the litigation department at DreamWorks SKG. "I'm not surprised that it's on the Internet. I talk to pirates because I want to find out why they're doing this. And what I've been told is that they were eagerly anticipating who would be first to do this. It's a challenge for them."

11. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    When the phrase first came into use in the post World War, it was sort of a generalized deragatory term to characterize someone as being against the freedoms of the Allied Powers. Most people lumped Communists and Nazi's into one group of enemies. That's why that phrase came into use, and when it's used today, it's really just a throw back to a different time (about 50 years ago) and not meant to comment on the other persons social-political beliefs.

-Jake

12. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    soeonem vegi em a ulec lpesa

13. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Sorry, we're all out. Only got diesel.

And for the record, I owe it all to Gauntlet3h.

14. Live Fast...Dianoga

May 18, 2000
    well that explains it. its an american expression. combining terms that represent an extreme left-wing ideal and an extreme right-wing ideal. we are a bunch of morons. :D

15. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    Nevermind. 8-}

16. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    in going to take a 1o min walk. stay here .

17. Live Fast...Dianoga

May 18, 2000
    moffjake-

just having some fun ;)

18. MoffJake

Sep 24, 2001
    hehe, I know. And It totally agree with your statement. ;)

-J

19. Boromir19

Boromir19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    Woah, jasman. I agree with you on the bootlegs....but your way of conveying TFN don't want bootlegs on the site is....a little NAZIish to say the least. Someone will get banned simply for ASKING for a bootleg? Wow...I mean wow.

20. FB

FB Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2000
    Boromir, if TFN allowed people to post links here, they would be considered responsible for it.
    It's not NAZIish (I hate this word), it's good forum administration.

If anyone wants a link, and they are not too lazy to spend 5 minutes on the web, they can find it.

Why they would do it? Frankly I don't know nor do I understand it.

Waiting for three years and then watching a crappy version of it less than a week before its theatrical release is simply stupid, IMHO.

21. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    Waiting for three years and then watching a crappy version of it less than a week before its theatrical release is simply stupid, IMHO.

I tend to agree with you boromir, but you could make the same argument about going into it spoiled. Now that I have a copy sitting on my HD, I know for sure that I'm going into episode 3 completely unspoiled. If I didn't already know everything about the movie already I wouldn't consider watching it at all, but I know I'm going to have a difficult time waiting until wednesday.

I'm going unspoiled all the way for ep3.

22. FB

FB Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2000
    ehmmm...

As I wrote before in another thread, I was totally spoiled for Episode I, because here in Italy it opened 4 months after the US release, so it was pretty difficult not to know everything about it.

I'm not 100% spoiled for Episode II, and I'm sure I'll try to stay spoiler free for Episode III.

Anyway, there's a big difference between watching a crappy bootleg version and reading spoilers for two years.
    Can spoilers ruin a movie? Maybe, but even if you read the whole script and download every picture from the web, it's still very different from watching the whole movie.

23. Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi

Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2000
    My biggest thing is curiousosity.

I put in a general search and it took me 1.5 hours and still came up with nothing.

My wife doesn't believe a bootleg of Ep.2 exists out there right now.

She knows that it was filmed digitally and it was supposed to be pirate proof.

You know you cannot win with women!!!!!!!!

24. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
  25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    TFN isn't being "naziish". If they were naziish, they would just randomly ban users based on religion or nationality, whether or not they did anything to deserve it. Either that, or they would only let certain religions or nationalities have discussions about bootlegs.

Don't forget the pain and suffering that the real Nazis caused. I don't think TFN is doing anything even remotely close to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.