No Clone Wars in Canada!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Even__Piell, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm glad that I live in Vermont :D
  2. Even__Piell Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. There once was a Canadian man who worked for Mr. George Lucas who insulted him. This certain Canadian fellow had always wanted to see the Clone Wars in a Star Wars film. Therefore, Mr. Lucas tries to avoid Canada when it comes to the Clone Wars. George told Cartoon Network to block. George also made a court order that the certain Canadian man be under servalence during the release of ATOC. He was not allowed to view the film in the theaters and cannot buy/rent ATOC. Also, he is constantly monitored by the police to ensure that he never sees the film.

[face_plain] Harsh

:p
  3. Old_Wizard Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Actually, it looks like the Hyperspace stream is coming off of a Cartoon Network server, so it is somewhat possible that it is also blocked to Canadians. Any Canadians with Hyperspace access able to confirm whether or not they can access the stream?
  5. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I can access part of the stream... The whole thing doesn't want to download at this time...
  6. masta_r47 Jedi Padawan

Actually I'm from just outside Toronto, and I'm a paying Hyperspace member, and it doesn't work well on my computer, so I'm not sure if thats why. I mean I have cable and a good comp so it should work.
    But seriously they screwed us on this show, they screw us on the toys, and whats with the jedi master points only to Americans. We buy the toys up here too, why do you even put points on the bottom if we cant use them up here.
  7. masta_r47 Jedi Padawan

Ya same as you Darth, it gives me part of it, but then it doesn't wanna give the rest.
  8. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Today, again, it sucks to be Canadian.

Hey, watch it. ;)

And in case you don't know, Teletoon WILL be airing them. Just not till next year.

Sucks, I know. But it's better than nothing.
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    bah, this is useless.

I've tried my clunky old desktop, I've tried my girlfriend's newer desktop, and my flash Dell laptop is being repaired (N.B. don't buy Dell laptops).

If the SW.com feed IS from cn.com, perhaps that's why I'm having problems seeing the premiere.

Love being Canadian sometimes, sometimes I do not. Wish I had money for satellite.
  10. Even__Piell Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah damn I have a Dell laptop
  11. joebuck Jedi Knight

this has nothing to do with being canadian, but has to do with the fact that we let our government grant cable licence to stupid cable companys who start up bad channels.

They do this because they think they are trying to protect canadian content. but it's not working anymore because we got stations like CTV who buy up every amarican program and sell canadian ads during The shows and call them selfs a canadian station, it's a joke. what gets me is a lot of shows are filmed in canada just funded by Amarican Businses and use canadian actors and yet this isn't called canadian content.

What you guys really need to do, is write the CRTC and give them your name and address and tell them how you feel about canadian tv cable channels and tell them you want amarican cable channels.

Hey it's your money and if you want dished up amarican programming you better start writing a good email message, other wise we will just keep getting screwed over by our cable companys. Some cable companys like shaw are already setting up a page to force the CRTC to let them start selling US based Channels in canada. such as HBO and Showtime, it's up to you guys if you want them.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/welcome.htm
  12. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    thanks, that actually worked just fine. I FINALLY could see it.

Pretty cool...was that really 3 minutes? It seems like it was about 30 seconds long.

I think they should do a series. :D
  13. TheWalkingCarpet Jedi Knight

Well, if they dont want to televise them for us non-hyperspace Canadian fans, I'll just use Kazaa. Teletoon be dammed, I want my Clone Wars!
  14. Sharp-Shooter Jedi Padawan

i don't think its a rights issue or that the show is not allowed up here

its just that no canadian network has picked up the show

besides it doesn't mater because the ep is already on Edonkley bit torrent and kazza (i just downloaded it and watched it)
  15. Even__Piell Jedi Master

star 4
    Kazaa sucks these days. Stuff comes out all screwy with static or something.
  16. Defiance Jedi Knight

star 3
    You can't afford $1.66 a month?

Please see Sithman's very informative and correct post for the explanation. :)

Anyways, I know, I was just makin' it clear that he most certainly wasn't THAT poor, and that he merely didn't want to purchase Hyperspace.

Ah... I'm not that poor NOW, but after I pay for tuition I will be.
  17. war_monger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yowch. sorry my Canadian friends! :(
  18. steven79 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Teletoon dose have these episodes the problem is that the dropped the ball big time, how do I know..I work there. They have no idea how big this property is so they did not schedule it for the fall launch, it looks like it will run sometime in January now. Also being that they are commercial whores they have no space to run them because they have sold all of their ad time.

I Think that they are starting to realize their mistake with they "where are my Clone Wars inquiries" fro viewers. All that I can say is hang in there they are coming, the sad part is that it may be after the damn DVD's are out.
  19. SITHlover Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am also a poor Canadian living in a Clone Wars free province, not by choise. Is there somewhere I could go to get a GOOD write up of what is happening in the cartoons. I am more interested in the story than seeing it and am afraid I will miss out on something important or need to know for Ep III.

I have also heard that you don't need to see the Clone Wars to watch Ep III, Being a big SW fan I kind of find that statement hard to believe, why make the cartoons if they are really unimportant??

If there is a good place to read up (obviously I don't get Hyperspace) could someone be so kind as to redirect me? Thanks.
  20. joebuck Jedi Knight

They still block links from the website just not the link you posted because they can't. What most pay to watch media sites do this, block the direct access to the site and then the main streaming links are none protected. even on starwars.com they can't pass word protect the real direct link. because of the way streaming video works.

You can use a program called URL snuffer. and it will tell you what the true direct link is, but what real networks does is they have a program that changes the access url every 15mins. so if you quit the stream you have to be a member to get the new direct link again. This is all done in the back ground with cookies and hidden to your eyes but if you have a good firewall it will tell you all of this.

This is how they keep none members out. so if your friend gives you a link using that program I told you about and you save it you can't have access tomorrow unless you bug your friend again for a link :-(

in asnwer to everyones question, you can't block direct access to streaming video.

but for most people the easy way is to just download it off usenet, you get it free with your isp and it's faster then peer to peer. I can't beleave people still don't know about this.
  21. MichaelXMaelstrom Jedi Padawan

Cool Garth, glad it worked for you. Now it looks like the trick to watching the rest of them in Canada, is getting ahold of those stream-link URL's.

Joe's expose' sounds good, but in this case, they're obviously not rotating the stream url - at least not yet.

I was able to access the Clone Wars Ep 1 stream (from the URL I provided in the earlier msg)several times over the weekend in Canada.

So with any luck they won't change their policy and anyone that knows the URL of Monday (etcetera's) Clone Wars stream could help us Canadians out greatly by posting it here in this thread.

P.S: The problem with Kazaa is that the big companies deliberately plant fragged-up copies of music and other stuff, so that you download them and find out they're no good and get fed up wasting your time looking for a good copy. The other problem with Kazaa is that @#$%!@ Gain Network that it plants on your PC - which makes even your NON-Kazaa internet sessions (reg surfing without Kazaa even loaded) a pain as Gain advertisements pop-up while you're surfing.

Anyway, here's hoping that some good samaritans will post the next Clone Wars broadcast stream URL in this thread, so we Canadians can watch the new Star Wars too.

('natch, as with ep 1, I'll post it in here in this thread, if I find it)

Clone Wars Episode 1 was F A N T A S T I C !

Michael Xavier Maelstrom
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sometimes.
  22. Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is an outrage. Look at what the Canadians have done for Lucasfilm and the Star Wars Saga in general!!!

lol, ya love canucks.

It actually turns out the Canadians are a part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems
  23. R2D1000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't the small size version on statrwars.com accessible to you canadians?

24. JansonYellowAces Jedi Master

star 4
    MichaelXMaelstrom:

Worked for me too! Thanks for the help. Have you found a way to get Episode 2 yet?
  25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    OK, the guys from Lucas Online have said that no direct links to any of the AOL hosted files (or bootlegs) are to be posted here. That includes the sniffing and pasting of URLs embedded in Hyperspace / cartoonnetwork pages.

And don't ask for them either, OK.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.