No Confirmation from Douglas Theatres, yet

Discussion in 'Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    There is no confirmation about the ?rumored? sale date for tickets for Attack of the Husker....I mean Clones, tomorrow, from Douglas Theatres. They might actually have phone number with a phone that has a human monitoring it on the other side, so I will try calling early tomorrow.

I think this bites. this is the worse part about not having a real theatre chain.
  2. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    :mad: I can't begin to tell you how ticked off I am right now! At least other people in other places are having similar problems... I actually hope we can have a little more time so that we can organize something fun to do! :)
  3. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I called a different phone # this morning. The man that answered said that they would probably know on Monday. As for tickets, he said that Omaha was not selling tickets today. (He had heard the rumor.)
  4. herasheo Jedi Padawan

tickets for AMC are on sale. I got mine through the phone #. I got 6 for the midnight and 2 for the 11:45 a.m. Douglas theatres suck. I would rather travel the 50 miles to go to AMC than see Star Wars at East Park.
  5. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Agreed! One of my teachers claims to have a friend that works at a Douglas theatre (and who also claims to have seen AotC yesterday...) and he told my teacher that they would be selling them 3 days in advance this time. I hope this guy was just badly informed, becuase that would be pretty awful. :mad:

John, in a VERY bad mood
  6. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    You guys could always get tickets to come see it in Omaha!!!! :D :D :D
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    but you can't buy tickets in Omaha yet! The guy from Douglas claimed that Omaha's theatres aren't selling them yet. (And that today's ticket sale day was just a rumor!)

Have you gone to Southpointe? They are the best theatres in Lincoln. They might be the stupid douglas theatre, but at least they are better than some places......

We need an AMC theatre badly.

OBA, I think Douglas theatres screened the movie yesterday. Today (supposedly) they are negoitating a price. I hope they get two prints for each theatre and for once, I also hope they have an earlier time than 4:00!!!!!!

I may see the movie in Omaha anyway......if I can convince my bro-in-law to go with me........
  8. herasheo Jedi Padawan

Douglas theatre's are the worst theatre chain in America. Southpointe is the best of the Douglas theatre's but trust me that is not saying much. I live in Lincoln and I am going to go to AMC to see the films. I got my tickets through AMC and I don't plan on looking back
  9. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hate to break this to you Liz, but they ARE on sale in Omaha. I bought mine at 2pm, this afternoon! If you get onto an online tickets sales site, you can buy them. Let us know in Omaha, if you are going to see it here, we'd love to have any of you sit with us!
  10. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    which online ticket site? I checked movietickets.com AND moviefone.com and there was no place to buy the tickets.

This is unfair. I'm not going to Omaha to see a movie that should be coming here. Its not fair.

Who's up for writing a letter to the editor of the Lincoln Journal Star or to our city council?

:( :( :mad:

11. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    vracer, when is the earliest showing? I wish I could come to Omaha, but I'd have to talk one of my parents into it (which isn't likely) AND it's the night before my Spanish final (not that that will be too hard). But on a school night I doubt it :(
  12. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, sorry guys, but the mid-nite show for the AMC here, is sold out! But if I remember correctly, they have showings starting around 11 am, and they run 2 showing around every 2 hours. I guess that'll only do you good if Lincoln doesn't get the movie at all. Good luck! :)
  13. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    If Lincoln doesn't get the movie, then Douglas theatres better look for a new place to live because they will get a letter that will say that we want a theatre that will have movie tickets on the day that they are supposed to be sold.

Well, in a way, I'm glad tickets aren't available yet. This way, we have a better chance of getting a midnight showing ticket. Now if I could just convince my dad to go with me (I don't drive).

Its still not fair that Omaha was selling tickets already and Lincoln didn't know yet. Which online ticket site had them? And did they have limits? I think they should have limits set. Like three tickets per person or something.
  14. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    The one good thing is that this gives us more time to organize what we will be doing. Yes, Douglas Theatres are crap. [face_plain] But if I had a way to go to Omaha, I would in a heartbeat. Too bad the midnight showing is sold out, and I hope everyone got a ticket. :D

John, who is happy for the Omaha people!
  15. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    does anyone think that maybe Douglas Theatres MIGHT let us buy tickets ahead of time for our group? Would anyone know how to call and ask? I'm sure the answer would be no, but I was reading in the fanforce rep's forum that someone was allowed to buy tickets before the public. Of course, this was probably a national chain, most likely.

I'm writing to our city council about this. Who is with me?
  16. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I really doubt that they'd let us buy tickets ahead of time.

I do think we need to right to somebody, but what can the City Council do about it? Would a letter to Douglas Theatres be more effective?
  17. euthanasia Jedi Padawan

i spoke to someone at edgewood ...

they said East Park and South Point will getting ATOC but was unsure if tickets would go on sale anytime soon...

he said if they don't go onsale withing the next few days... they will be available 3 days in advance for sure...

he didn't know about the midnight show...

he just said to keep calling back

BTW... little bird told me....

ATOC cans are already in lincoln... Douglas theatres managers had a private screening for themselves yesterday...

perhaps if i apply for a job... i'll be a manager by 2005 for epIII
  18. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Three days... :p Yucky. We definetely have to write to Douglas. Hmmm... lets put that on our agenda for our next meeting!! Btw, euthanasia, you are in the Lincoln area, right?? :D
  19. euthanasia Jedi Padawan

i used to live in Los Angeles but got married to someone here in lincoln...(who doesn't quite understand my...preoccupation with lucasfilm paraphenalia...)

excuse me for ranting but:
    it is my opinion that AMC oakview Omaha is the absolute worst place to see any film that one cares about. Until someone there learns how to focus the projector, i will not give them my money irregardless of how many screens it is playing on.

ok now that is off my chest,
    yes i'm here in lincoln and will most likely be seeing it here, if i can get a ticket
  20. Crisi83 Jedi Padawan

Ahh... I was just going to come on the board and find out if you guys had any plans for ATC, but it sounds like you have no clue either. A group of my friends is going to try to stay either over night or early that morning and get tickets three days ahead, which is when it should go on sale, unfortunatly, it depenes on what day 3 days ahead is. I think its Monday, and if its monday, i have to work until 3 so that rules out most of my day in line. Sorry, I've been not paying much attention to fan force, but at the SW Celebration my friend in Fan Force yelled at me that I need to get involved (shes from Minnesota) and I met some Omaha FF people. They said you guys have a dispute about City Rep going on? Anyways, I'll try to keep checking here about the tickets. Probalby, the bigger the group, the better. If we want to go to the later showing (not 12:01) our high school club got tickets for LOTR by calling hte theater and saying we needed a block for a school group, opening night, and we got tickets. If we have a big enough group together, we may be able to work out a deal. By the way, who is our City Rep?

~Crisi~
  21. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm city rep. And thanks for responding to my Private Message.

Maybe calling for a group of tickets might work. If we had enough people that is........does anyone think that Douglas Theatres might be generous enough to do that for a Midnight showing? I'm trying to convince my dad to go (I don't drive).

22. Atticis Jedi Padawan

I just don't get it. How hard is it to make a decision and get the information out. They do have a website how hard would it be to post updates to it. Sorry for the vent I am just sick of hearing recorded messages and not having any information posted. I even went to Southpoint to ask and she didn't know and said to come back. Well even though Southpointe is close to my apartment I don't think I want to make a daily trip there for info. They just need to make a decision and go with it. What number are you guys calling and getting a live voice. If you don't want to post it please email me at hsmith@neb.rr.com
    Thanks Guys and Gals :)
  23. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I just called them and I am sick of their excuses. The lady that answered didn't know. She claimed that Lucas makes that decision. HA!

The number for douglas theatres with a real human answering is 474-4909

She said she didn't know if theatres made that decision on their own (May 3 selling tickets) or what.

I am going to write my city councilman. Does anyone else want to?
  24. Atticis Jedi Padawan

What a crock!! I did read that Lucas was banning any Midnight Showings. But how can stupid Douglass say that they can't make a decision on when tickets are sold. Every other place in the US already have their tickets for opening day. What did George Lucas Say "Ok all cities can sell tickets early except Lincoln NE. It's bad enough we don't have the option here to order tickets via phone and/or website but this "I don't know" crap is getting pretty old. They need to pull it together.
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Atticis, answer my poll about the petition. Maybe we can get the city council to get a national chain here. I just wrote them a message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.