" no disentagrations "

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by comet1440, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    I always wondered what vader meant when he said that . does anyone have an official meaning for it ?
  2. DarthNigel Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, right before that he tells the Bounty Hunters that they are free to use any methods necessary, but he wants them alive -- meaning the passengers on board the Falcon. "No Disintegrations" is simply a reminder to Boba Fett that he can't simply disintegrate them and expect to get his "substantial reward".

The audience is simply meant to interpret that exchange as an indication that (1) Boba Fett and Vader have some kind of history, or at least Vader is familiar with Fett and his methods, and (2) Boba Fett is a badass.

I don't know if there is any "official" explanation that goes beyond this, and if there is it's likely EU so it'll probably spark a canon debate etc. etc.
  3. Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Most importantly, Vader wanted the crew of the Falcon for bait in order to lure his son to him.

Secondly, villains that they are, bounty hunters aren't totally trustworthy when it comes to telling the truth. They could just sit around not doing anything, then go to Vader and say something like, "Sorry, Lord Vader, I chased them but I ended up blasting them into smithereens. Now, could I have my money?" Vader wanted live proof that the Falcon's crew had been caught, not just a bunch of lies.
  4. DarthLassic007 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Vader simply meant not to blow up The Falcon. He wanted them alive.
  5. fosh-bantus88 Jedi Master

star 4
    boba probably had that same flame thrower thing that jango did. and i assume that it can disentigrate people somehow.
  6. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
    I really think they had Vader say that line just to let the audience see Boba Fett up close, so they could recognize him later on. That's probably all it ever was.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I haven't seen an official EU explanation for it so far. My assumption is that it refers to an incident between Fett and Vader prior to ESB. Maybe it will be explained after Ep III.
  8. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    This is one of those things that I hope is never explained. As it is, it's a great hint as to Boba's character and what he's been up to - the fact that Vader needs to remind him not to disintegrate anybody. And it's darkly amusing exactly because we don't know what he's talking about - it's an inside comment between the two.
  9. Onasi Jedi Master

star 4
    i agree with DarthNigel.
  10. DS615 Jedi Master

star 4
    He's just saying that he needs them alive. I don't think it has any other meaning.
    There's additional footage of Vader talking to Bossk and Dengar as well. It doesn't imply anything IMO.

11. sharkboy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Maybe vader wanted them cold remember the carbon freeze.
  12. Nikknots Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well it's quite easy. At the age of 13 young Boba was finally able to get his revenge on the Jedi for the death of his father, when the great purge began. However the boys training was still that, and his skills werent as good as required. So young Boba fought dirty using disentration bombs as a means to kill Jedi.

Years later Boba was employed by the Empire, namely one Darth Vader, who hired the now seasoned bounty hunter to find another Jedi and his comrads. However Vader wanted his prize(s) alive and requested "no disentagrations".

Well thats how I hope it works out.
  13. CaptainYossarian Force Ghost

star 3
    There are too many cowboy bounty hunters around who just empty the contents of their vacuum cleaner into a box and hand it over as proof of their successful kill.
  14. WookieSeeWookieDo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would LOVE to see a young Boba somehow disintagrate Mace as revenge for Jango (thus establishing this reputation Boba has from a young age). We know that Ani helps hunt down and destroy the Jedi.. maybe he sees Boba doing this? Or maybe HE gets Mace and Boba comes out of nowhere and finnishes him off... either way, this could be done and would make that line make alot of sence:)

pretty sweet?! YES INDEED!
  15. Captn_Cannonball Jedi Padawan

vader wants them alive. obviously you dont have to disintigrate someone to kill them, but a convenient way to disintigrate them is blow up their ship while they are in it. put simply, vader didnt want fett to do that.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.