"No disintegrations!"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Deep Sea Jedi, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Deep Sea Jedi Jedi Youngling

Force Friends,

We've seen all that the beloved character Boba Fett has to offer before the happenings of ESB. Of course there is the tease of a Fett stand alone movie from the mouse house.

I'm confused. When Darth Vader tells his quiver contracted bounty hunter the rules he specifically singles out Fett about using "No disintegrations." Not only have we never seen Boba Fett use weapons like these, to my knowlege they've never been used in ANY SW production. Not to take this down a Trek path, but is this even SW technology? Disintegrations feels very in Star Wars.

Help me out Guys. What's your take?
    :confused:

Please forgive me if this has been brought up before on previous forums.
  2. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome to the SWC! :D

Good question - from what I understand, I can't recall any specific moment in the books that elaborate on Fett using disintegrations, but I reckon it's just to add an air of danger and violence to the personna of Boba Fett, as it's probable that as Vader has got the Bounty Hunters together, he's aware of their past and Fett has probably been know to disintegrate his targets from time to time, hence Vader giving him the order of "No disintegrations!".

As that was the first time the audience back then saw Boba Fett, and he was the only Hunter that spoke, it added to his cult fan following I think as a real "badass" bounty hunter.

There IS also the theory he was the one who led the attack on the Lars Homestead to bring in the bounty of the missing droids for the Empire and killed Owen and Beru. He disintegrated them actually. So Vader yet again makes it clear that this time there will be "No disintegrations!"

The theory is as follows:

They say lots of the Stormtroopers are unaltered clones of Jango Fett, as is Boba Fett in the canon story. This means that as the Stormtroopers covered up their tracks on the Lars homstead assault, they were being tactical, clever and militaristic, as Jango's DNA had the clones become. Darth Vader also knew Beru and Owen Lars from their meeting on Tatooine and knew where they lived so he could have had his chance anytime to arrest or capture them for information over the decades concerning the Rebellion or other matters, and I think he didn't want to hurt them. In fact, the Stormtroopers of the Empire used stun methods to capture their prey to bring them before Vader, like they did to Leia and the Rebel prisoners. They attack when they are also attacked.

Now as the 1997 'ANH' Special Edition is George Lucas's "canon" timeline, Boba Fett is present on Tatooine when we see Jabba and Han in Docking Bay 94 at Mos Eisley. He is also aware of the search for the droids by the Empire and has taken to tracking down the droids via the Jawas to the Lars homestead. As he disintegrates the couple and covers up his attack to make it look like Sand People, this was far too well executed to be Stormtroopers who would simply acted on orders from Vader.

As Vader obviously knows where to get the best Bounty Hunters from, he brings Fett in again to search for Han Solo and the Falcon, with the strict order given. If you look on Cloud City, he also stops Fett from shooting Chewbacca once he tries to break free from the Cloud City carbonite chamber. Does Vader not approve of Fett's methods or does he simply want to keep the rogue hunter on a short leash.

Depends how much you want to look into it, probably a load of old tosh, but you never know...! :-B