main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"No, Leia, I am your father..." A Dark Leia AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by empress of justice, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    This is the rewrite of a fairly popular story. Hope you enjoy. :D

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Above a remote planet in the Outer Rim Territories, a desperate battle had just been lost. Having been disabled by the vastly more powerful Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator, the diplomatic Corvette Tantive IV was being tractored into the gigantic battleship's hangar bay. The white-armored Imperial Stormtroopers prepared to board the vessel and subdue her treasonous crew.

Above, on the bridge of the Devastator, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, stared out at the barren planet in disbelief. Tatooine! Of all the places in the galaxy, why did the Rebels choose THIS world to flee to? His dark reverie was interrupted by the Devastator's commander.

"My Lord, our troops have succeeded in pacifying the crew of the vessel. The commander protests, saying that the ship is a consular vessel on a mercy mission to Tatooine. The Senator on board demands to make contact with Imperial Center to lodge a formal complaint."

"Mercy mission indeed Captain," Vader rumbled derisively. Tatooine may have been a miserable hole in the galaxy, holding many horrible memories, memories of slavery, Hutts, and his dear mother-NO! That was another man's life, another man's memories; the life of a weakling child! Nevertheless, Tatooine was not so miserable that it would merit the personal attention of an Imperial Senator. "No, there is something more to this vessel's presence here, pertaining to those transmission that were sent. Leave the Senator to me, Captain. I will deal with her myself!" And perhaps I will find the connection with Tatooine as well, Vader thought to himself.

"Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold!" The remainder of her statement faded into the back of the Dark Lord's consciousness as he reached out with the Force to regard the young Senator before him. She was young, dark haired & dark eyed, with an elaborate hairstyle. Though her garb was much simpler, when he noticed her delicate features, Lord Vader could not help but be reminded of his dear, sweet? NO! Padme' is dead! Just as dead as that weak & idealistic boy that she fell in love with!

The Dark Lord could feel the anger radiating from the Senator, spiced with a hint of fear. The Sith Lord savored those emotions, blended with the fear of both ships' crews, as he might once have relished a fine banquet. Still, there was something about this Senator, like a mental odor that was familiar but still unknown, or perhaps forgotten.

Lord Vader allowed his senses to merge once more with his conscious thoughts. "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a spy! Take her away!"

Perhaps I should investigate the planet personally, to find out who or what she was trying to make contact with, Vader thought to himself. No, the life that started there has ended. There is nothing there for me to see...

"Another escape pod has ejected sir. Should I fire?" The gunnery officer checked his sensor readings, then turned back to the crewman.
    "No life signs aboard. Probably another malfunction. Let it go."

Deep in meditation in his hermitage, Ben Kenobi felt a disturbance in the Force, a dark & angry presence. The anger threatened to unravel the delicate state of harmony that he'd achieved, but instead Kenobi used that clarity to get a better grasp of what he sensed. Going even deeper into the Unifying Force, Ben stretched out with his feelings, until he felt a presence far above the planet's surface, finding the focus point of darkness: Vader! My Padawan has learned much over years, Kenobi thought. He has subjugated his anger, but he is still a slave to it. He noticed the Dark Lord was reaching out with his feelings as well, but not in search of him as he feared, but towards another, untrained presence...By the Living Force, No! He's found her!

The shock of his realization shattered Ben's concentration, bringing his focus back to his hut. Instinctively, Kenobi reached for his lightsaber, and was surprised

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Looks interesting. I wonder what Leia's reaction will be to her father being Vader. Should be pretty good. :)

3. Miyu

Miyu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    Very Good !!!!!!!! ;D :D
    More soon :)

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    This looks like a really good story. I love any fic that gives us a different look at the Original Trilogy.

I like how Vader is already feeling inner turmoil. He's constantly feels Anakin's presence.

I can't wait for the next post.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    hmmm Interesting can't wait, keep going

6. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    This sounds interesting. Please post more. It already sounds like Vader will be able to turn himself to the light side.

7. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    In hyperspace aboard the Devastator, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, towered over his young prisoner. The defiance in her dark orbs reminded him so much fire in Padme's eyes when she and Qui-Gon formulated the plan to liberate Naboo. A pity, Vader thought. All your heroics came to nothing! Nothing remains, not even Ani...

"Well Lord Vader, do you mean to interrogate me or do you wish to torture me by making me look at your hideous visage?" Leia's taunt brought Lord Vader's focus back to the matter at hand.
    "Your allegiance to the Rebel Alliance has been revealed Your Highness. It is only a matter of time before this little insurrection of yours comes to an end. You will only make it easier for everyone if you simply tell me where the rebel base is hidden." The last statement was accented by a gesture from the Sith Lord as he called upon the Force to compel her to comply with his will.

She cocked her head incredulously. "I'll do nothing of the sort!"

Vader concentrated, drawing more on the power of the Force. "You WILL tell me where the base is hidden!" The command was punctuated by a stronger gesture.

"I'll do nothing of the sort!" Leia laughed contemptuously. "Lord Vader, if you think that I'll give in and betray the Alliance of Free Planets because you waved your hand and told me to, then you're sadly mistaken." She raised her chin defiantly. "I'll not be intimidated by your mere presence like some of your Imperial toadies."

Lord Vader's gargoyle-like mask hid the disbelief that he felt. The Force was strong with this one. How else could she resist his mental commands? He stretched out with his feelings again. He once again reveled in her anger, only briefly before delving deeper. Her strength in the Force...her resemblance to Padme'...the familiarity he felt, even though they'd never met...the resemblance...

The Dark Lord stood stock still with shock. A daughter! Padme' bore him a child! Obi-Wan was wise to hide her; now his failure is complete! His mind began to reel with possibilities. The Force is strong in her, as it is with him. With their combined strength, they could overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father & daughter! If only there weren't that fool Tarkin that the Emperor wanted him to watch over...Without another word, the Dark Lord of the Sith whirled away to go to his meditation chambers and consider his vile plans, leaving Leia Organa to wonder what would come next.

"Come here, little one, I'm not going to hurt you." Ben Kenobi gestured to the astromech droid hiding in the distance. He smiled at the irony of what he saw: the old astromech R2-D2 and the protocol droid along with young Luke, coming to see Kenobi. Anakin's creations were being reunited....

..."I don't remember ever owning a droid," he shot Artoo a sly glance and the droid chirped in response, as if they were sharing a private joke.

"He claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi," the youth continued. The old Jedi stared into the distance, thoughtfully repeating Luke's words, his name.

His thoughts went back to his last words with Master Yoda: "Watch over them you should, but train them not! When ready the children are, seek you out they will. Foreseen it I have."

Obi-Wan wished that Yoda could have forseen one of the twins falling into their father's clutches so soon....

"...Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're our only hope!" With that plea, the diminutive hologram ended. Only hope indeed, Obi-Wan thought to himself, especially if Vader had succeeded in capturing his daughter. No, there is another way, another hope...

"You must learn the ways of the Force if you're to come with me to Alderaan," Obi-Wan suggested to Luke hopefully. The boy blanched at the thought.

"I can't go with Alderaan with you, I've got to get back home! I'm in big enough trouble as it is! Look, I wish I could do something, but it's all so far away and I can't get involved!" The Jedi smiled at Luke's answer; it was if he was speaking with another's voice.

"That's your uncle

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is amazing, empress! :)

9. padmemicheline

padmemicheline Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2000
    Another excellent story as always, empress! Can we expect another post in the future? :)

10. EveningStar

EveningStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Please Post Sooooon!!!

11. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000

Aboard the Death Star, Darth Vader considered the results his "interview" with Princess Leia as he returned to her cell, ostensibly for another private session. His knowledge of computers and machinery was of great use as he carefully erased any records of the tests on her blood samples, tests that confirmed that Leia was indeed the result of his union with Padme'. As the cell door opened, Vader felt a tightening in his chest as he looked upon the results of his handiwork. What was it he was feeling? He reminded himself that what he had done was a necessary test of her resolve and abilities. There was no need for regret. All that was within him that could feel regret had died years ago...

"Well," Leia demanded weakly, "do you have any more questions of me, or is this merely to be a staring contest?" Beneath his hideous mask, the Dark Lord of the Sith smiled, though the action brought agony to his ruined features. She had mastered her anger, pain & fear, using those feelings to fuel her resolve. She would make an excellent student.

"It is good to see that you have not lost your charm & poise, Princess," Vader remarked. "Your resistance to the mind probes has been considerable, but that was to be anticipated. I did not expect your resolve to whither so easily. In fact, I don't expect you to tell me at all where the hidden fortress lies."

Leia stared at the Dark Lord in shock and disbelief. "Then why..." The question faltered on her lips. She could not understand such cruelty.

"To test your abilities," Vader answered the uncompleted question. "To ascertain your strength. Indeed the Force is strong with you," he stated with some satisfaction. Of course she was strong in the Force! The Emperor knew, as well as Vader, that strength in the Force could travel along bloodlines. That was why the Emperor commissioned a battle station to wipe out a rumored enclave of children descended from Jedi. Lord Vader found it somewhat amusing that his vaunted weapon was sabotaged by a team of Jedi. What technological weapon could withstand the power of the Force? Perhaps his Master created such superweapons as toys for the likes of Tarkin and Motti. He had quite enjoyed giving the Admiral a first-hand taste of what he referred to as sad sorcerer's ways!

Leia was confused. The "Force" that Vader was referring to was nothing more that an oath that the superstitious called upon for good luck, but that was no superstition that Lord Vader called upon during their torture sessions. But the Force was supposedly what gave the mythical Jedi Knights their abilities. How could this monster call upon such power?

"I can feel your confusion Princess," Vader began, "let me banish some of it for you. Viceroy Organa never told you what happened to your real father, did he?"

"Only that he died during the Clone Wars." Now Leia was truly confused. Why this sudden change in subject? Unless...

"No, Leia. I am your father."

"My father? That can't be! No!" This was too much for Princess Leia to accept. Her adopted family on Alderaan had told her that her father was a hero who fought & died during the Clone Wars. Bail adopted that hero's child to honor a fallen comrade. That would explain her natural mother's perpetual sadness before she died as well. That this monster, the very personification of Imperial tyranny, the creature who had tortured her for no better reason that to test her resolve, was her father! She screamed in denial of what she heard.

"Your thoughts betray you, Leia. You know I speak the truth." Lord Vader extended a gloved hand towards his daughter. He knew the truth would be difficult to accept, especially with the memories of her torture at his hands so recent.

"I had to do what was needed to test your strength. Were the Emperor to become aware of your true nature, your life would be forfeit. You have a special gift, my daughter. You are strong in the Force, as I am. That makes you a threat to the Emperor. In time, with my help, your danger to the Emperor will become real." The Dark Lord leaned cl

12. padmemicheline

Aug 28, 2000
    A wonderful, long post. That should keep me happy until tomorrow. :D But please tell me you won't have Leia fall to the dark side!?! (Although that would be an interesting twist ...)

Up! And update your other stories soon! :)

13. EveningStar

EveningStar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Very Soon THANKS!!!:D

14. Miyu

Miyu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    UUUUUUPPPPPPP !!!!!!!

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I always thought Leia would want her own little revenge on Tarkin. That was great!

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    wow wonderful post can't wait for more

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Interesting reaction from Vader. There is hope for him. Leia is her father's daughter. She wants to stop something bad, no matter what she has to do.

18. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Oh my! Leia is falling to the Dark Side!

::AQ's inner sadistic voice makes an appearance::

AQ's Inner Sadistic Voice: My, aren't we Mistress of the Obvious today?

Oh be quiet! This does not bode well for our heroes! How will this affect everything? Han and Leia's relationship! Luke and Leia's bond!

Wonderful job, Empress! This is an awesome story!

AQ

19. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    "...Well they're not going to get us without a fight!" The young smuggler's eyes flashed with defiance. "Chewie, throw all auxiliary power into the engines!" The spice freighter began to shudder in protest at the tractor beam that held it fast.

Obi-Wan smiled inwardly at Han Solo's bravado. Ah, Anakin! The two of you would have gotten along famously! Still he knew a great deal about the ship's capacity and doubted that the smuggler could have modified her quite that well. Even Anakin Skywalker wasn't that good with machines.

He placed a hand on Solo's shoulder. "We can't win, but there are alternatives to fighting..."

Darth Vader could feel his daughter's torment long before he entered her holding cell. To be honest, he too was still feeling the aftereffects of what had happened to Alderaan. Bail Organa was a brave man and would have made a formidable enemy. It was a pity that he died as he did. The Sith Lord caught himself in mid-thought. There was no room for pity in his soul, he reminded himself. To allow pity was to crowd out the power of the dark side, and it was that power he craved after, power to avenge the deaths of...No! Just as there was no room for pity, there was no room for regret or remorse. He had to keep his focus here and now, where it belonged. Vader paused. Weren't those Qui-Gon's words? Bah! Qui-Gon Jinn was a weakling and a fool! **So foolish that he believed in you when no one, not even Padme' did?** His thoughts began to betray him. It was no matter. In the end, Qui-Gon was destroyed, struck down by a Sith Lord. **A Sith Lord like you** Indeed, his death was a testament to the power of the dark side and the ineffectual nature of the Jedi. Those were the words of his master this time, the Emperor. Yes, I've got to save my daughter from the Emperor, Vader thought. This is the only way...

The cell door opened and Leia stood and crouched cat-like, he face contorted by hatred, ready to strike at the Dark Lord of the Sith. Vader was ready this time. He extended a hand and held her in place with the power of the Force. He could feel her trying to draw upon her powers to resist. Impressive, but not enough. Lord Vader used his power to Force Leia into a sitting position, holding her motionless.

"You hate Tarkin for what he has done," the Dark Lord began, "and you hate me as well for allowing it to happen. Excellent. There is great power to be had from hatred, and fear, and anger. You must learn to master your feelings young one, before they master you. Your hatred will make you powerful, my daughter. Powerful enough to defeat the Emperor. It is the only way."

Leia was still haunted by the vision of Alderaan's last moments. She could still almost hear the entire planet calling out in terror, and then falling suddenly silent. She had felt that surge of panic emanating from Alderaan's people, and she found the sensation intoxicating. She could still see Bail Organa's last moments, hear his sigh over the screech of the superlaser...

"You killed my father!" Leia screamed in accusation.

"No," Lord Vader corrected, "I allowed the pretender to that title to die. The father that you once knew, the life that you had once known are dead. It is time for a new life. Your destiny lies with me, Leia. It is the only way to destroy the Emperor." Vader paused for a long moment, remembering another time, another life. Watching the light fade from the eyes of the most beautiful woman he'd ever known. Remembering the pain he'd felt at the end of that other life.

Lord Vader released Leia from his Force grip, but held his hand point to her still. His next words pierced Leia to the depths of her soul:

"It is the only way to avenge the death of your father."

Padmemichelle: You *have* looked at the title, correct? ;)

EveningStar, Miyu, Sara Kenobi and JediFalcon: Thanks. Hope you like this installment.

RebelMom: Yep, the same weakness that Ani has...astute observation. :)

AngelQueen: That'd be correct.

20. padmemicheline

Aug 28, 2000
    I know. *smacks hand on forehead* I didn't realize that until AFTER I posted but forgot to edit.

But still, Leia turning to the dark side is still very interesting. I wonder what will happen with her relationships to Luke and Han?

21. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice glimpse into Vader's psyche. He's fooling himself.

22. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    This is an awesome fic. :)

It has the OT with some of Vader's POV...something I always enjoy. And it has Leia going to the Dark Side...something else I always get a kick out of. :)

I cannot wait for the next post! :)

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome post can't wait for more/

24. Miyu

Miyu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    UP !!!!

25. empress of justice

Feb 15, 2000
    Good things come to those who wait! Thank you for your patience. :)
    "...He keeps repeating 'I've found her' and saying 'She's here!" Threepio was clearly perplexed at Artoo's behavior. He'd always been erratic, and ever since that terrible incident over Tatooine, it was as though he'd gone completely mad! Perhaps when they'd made it to this Rebel base that Master Luke refers to, that perhaps Artoo would be treated to a nice overhaul and memory wipe...The protocol droid's musings were interrupted by the infernal howling of that Wookie.

"...uh, Han! Y-you but the cuffs on him," Luke stammered, easing away from the Wookie's massive frame. The smuggler looked reassuringly to Chewbacca.

"No Chewie, it's okay, I think I know what he has in mind..."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. Are you certain?" Tarkin seemed skeptical. The Emperor & Lord Vader had been quite thorough in their Jedi Purge. "Surely he's dead by now!"

"No," Vader corrected, "My old master is here, and the Force is with him." Along with that infernal spice freighter! "Escape is not his plan, but I have a plan of my own. Reduce the guard near Princess Leia's cell, as well as the patrols near the tractor beam access..."

"...Don't congratulate yourself too soon, flyboy! They let us escape," Leia derided Han. "Our only hope is if we can decipher a course of action from the plans in that droid."

"Well don't count on me, sister!" The smuggler stood to face the Princess. Their meeting had not been pleasant. He, Luke, and Chewie barged in to save Leia from execution, but as things happened, it was Leia's quick thinking that saved them all from being shot down. He was certain that his last remark would help her impression of him. "I plan on getting paid, big time!"

Leia shook her head in contempt of the smuggler. "I wonder if you care about anything, or anybody." Still shaking her head, she stalked out of the Falcon's cockpit.

Obi-Wan Kenobi stoked his beard thoughtfully as Leia stormed past. Her anger clung to her much like the dirtied gown she wore. The symbolism of the stained nature of her white gown was not lost on the old Jedi. Lord Vader had spent a great deal of time with his daughter, Kenobi reasoned. Long enough to explain the dark taint he sensed in her. What was confusing to him was that even though Lord Vader could sense him as plainly as the old Jedi could feel the presence of his former pupil, still the Sith Lord had chosen not to confront him...

"You're taking an awful risk, Lord Vader," Tarkin warned, "This plan of yours had better work!"

"Rest assured, this will be a day long remembered," Vader assured the Grand Moff, "We will crush the Rebellion and eliminate the last of the Jedi in one swift stroke." The Dark Lord found Tarkin's anxiety amusing. Of course his plan would work! He had placed a tracer aboard the Millennium Falcon along with implicit instructions with his daughter that they were to flee to the Rebels' hidden fortress. All that remained was for Obi-Wan to formulate a plan to rid the Emperor of his precious Death Star...
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumph?" Tarkin snapped at the officer, "I think you overestimate their chances!" That was all Lord Vader needed to hear. His plan was unfolding perfectly.

The Dark Lord had allowed his daughter to be "rescued" by Obi-Wan and his minions, and she directed them straight to the hidden Rebel base with a tracing beacon secured aboard the Millennium Falcon. The Death Star needed only to follow the trail. All that remained was for Obi-Wan to formulate a plan to defeat the Death Star, which evidently he had done; Lord Vader had great faith in his former master.

Darth Vader's faith in Obi-Wan's abilities was the true risk to the plan he'd devised. It was possible that Obi-Wan could crush the seed of darkness the Dark Lord had planted in his daughter's spirit. In that c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.