main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT No Mark Hamill Car Accident - How does the OT change?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AveKender, Oct 27, 2017.

1. AveKender

AveKender Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2017
    Big or small changes. How do you believe this would butterfly outwards to affect the trilogy's writing, marketing, and production?

2. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Nothing special. The pick-up shots for ANH get done and the Jundland wastes scenes get inserts and flow better.

SateleNovelist11 and Snafu55 like this.
  3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Virtually nil.

4. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    He pretty much just doesn't look like he aged 10 years between ANH and ESB
    though that's such a nitpicky nitpicky detail...

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Absolutely nothing in terms of story, they've even said the Wampa injuries weren't 100% to cover his injuries.

6. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    I read in one place, that the first movie was to have re-recorded scenes, more because of the accident it did not. This is true?

7. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009

The accident happened when they were about to shoot the pick-ups for the Tatooine scenes in Death Valley (and they had to use a stunt-double instead). Anyway, we're talking about distant landspeeder shots.

8. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    For Luke Skywalker? Nothing really changes storywise. Mark Hamill's career post SW would be a different story.

The accident pretty much ruined his chances for steady film work in bigger budget studio films. So in some sense we would have lost Mark Hamill Joker and maybe gained half a dozen "action-adventure-thriller" films starring Hammil in the 80's.

Snafu55 likes this.
  9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Luke looks slightly different. That is, the same as in ANH

Though this may sound a little weird, perhaaaaps insensitive, I actually like how his look changed a bit more. I think Mark's jawline was a little stronger after the accident, which helps to drive home that Luke is maturing

10. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Stronger in what way? In all honesty it looks like one side of his face sagged a bit lower, probably caused by swelling and bloating that went away post surgery. Plastic surgery at the same wasn't as good as it is today either.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hmm. That could be it. Or maybe I'm even seeing things, but

[​IMG]

I thiiiink his lower jaw might extrude slightly less? Mostly at the sides

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think all the promotional material that was done post production and after the pick ups shows Mark post accident, unlike only the later promotional material of Harrison shows him sporting his Force 10 from Navarone and Hanover Street haircut.

13. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    Is there an accurate account of his injuries? I recall hearing somewhere that the extent of his facial injuries was massively overstated. I can't see any difference in his features from ANH to ESB.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    They're definitely different. The most substantial difference is the shape of his nose. It's flatter and noticeably crooked post-accident.

15. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    How about... no George Lucas accident? How would that change the OT? :) (probably no OT or any other movies but who knows)

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Man, people are fascinated with this car accident in way that Mark Hamill never will be at all. I was in a car accident last year, and fortunately, all I suffered was whiplash on my legs.

17. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    He says the accident was not as bad as people say.