main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"No Matter What" (Chapter 5 of The Lasting Impression: the Ellia Monas series) *~FINISHED!!!!~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Once the rest of the household awoke, Ellia could feel a literal stampede of feet heading down the stairs, guessing that that was her and Anakin?s cue that they needed to head there as well. They followed the flood down to the main lounge, the decorated tree now sprouting tons of packages from its roots. The children immediately ran for the tree, decorated paper flying in the air a moment later. Anakin shook his head as they entered the room, mumbling ?Threepio?s going to have fun cleaning this up.? He leaned against the doorway that led to the kitchen, Ellia stopping beside him.

Ellia simply smiled. At the back of her mind, she could feel Nyah coming through the back door of the kitchen. As she looked around, apparently so had all the other adults. Including Luke. The Jedi master began to get up from his seat on the sofa, his eyes fixed on the kitchen. However, Mara grabbed his arm gently, giving him a look. Looking from his wife to the kitchen, Luke reluctantly sat back down, watching as Tessa shrieked as she opened a fake jewelry set from Anakin.

While the children were busy demolishing their gifts, Leia took charge and passed out the remaining gifts to the adults. She eyed a package near her feet and sent it flying with her fingertips to an out of breath Nyah, who had emerged from the kitchen. She gave a nervous smile to Ellia as she grabbed her gift from mid-air, quickly reading the tag and seeing that it was from Ellia. Giving another nervous smile, she opened the small package, a somewhat perplexed visage coming to Nyah?s face as a data chip fell into her palm. Casting a look at Ellia, she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a data reader off the counter. Inserting it into the reader, she came back into the lounge, reading over the information screen, then looking up at Ellia. ?It?s information about a restaurant??

?It?s somewhat of an ?I owe you,?? Ellia explained. ?It is for a double date at the restaurant. Granted, you and I will have to find someone to take,? she said, giving the girl a small wink and then leaning closer to her, whispering, ?And then a free night on the town as my date and I keep your father occupied.?

Nyah grinned widely, latching onto Ellia in a large embrace. ?Thank you!? she exclaimed, finally releasing the woman, the smile still plastered onto her face. Ellia returned the smile, taking the data reader from the girl?s hands and setting it on a small table near her. Something on Nyah?s hand caught her attention, Ellia performing a double take as she looked down at the young girls hand. Seated quietly on Nyah?s left hand was a ring, Ellia beginning to gape when she saw what finger it was on. Nyah caught her gape, quickly slipping the ring off and putting it into her pocket. ?Nearly forgot about that,? she mumbled, trying to act calmly.?

?I take it that was your gift from Brad?? Ellia whispered, seeing a blush come to the younger girls face. ?I don?t know how to tell them,? she said, eyeing the rest of the family.

?You?ll find your voice somehow,? Ellia said, giving a sad smile. At least you have a family to tell?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Everything?s looking good,? Shantelle announced, finishing her last fun with an ultrasound camera over Ellia?s stomach, which now looked as if the woman had swallowed a Mon Calmarian beach ball. Smiling, the healer began to wipe the gel off of Ellia?s stomach, seeing the woman?s blank stare. ?Credit for your thoughts??

?Just thinking about names,? Ellia admitted. ?I?m wondering if I should come up with a name, or use an old name.?

?What do you mean?? Shantelle asked, throwing the wet towel she had been using into the cleaning bin. She pushed the ultrasound equipment away with the Force and began checking on Ellia herself, making sure vitals were good and blood pressure normal.

?Well, for instance, I am wonder if it is a girl, if I should think up a name for her, or use an old name.?

?Such as??

?I dunno? Shmi, Padmé, or Mintoma, I guess? or even Sabé if I felt like it.?

Shantelle

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah timing: isn't it perfect? ;)

Good post. :)

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL.. :p

Thanks Casper. :)

4. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Whoops! I haven't replied yet! [face_blush] (Better late than never, right?) ;)

[face_shocked] Nyah's got a piece of jewelry on a suspicious finger...she better start running from Luke now! ;)

I'm glad the baby's alive and kicking... :D

Thanks for the post! :)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL... hehehe... ;) Thanks Padme!

6. PrincessPadme

Sep 11, 2001
    A celebratory UP!

(I took the SAT's today...no more studying! Yay! ;) )

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :)

An up to say

"GO DUCKS!!!!!!"

8. PrincessPadme

Sep 11, 2001
    Get up to the top! :D

9. PrincessPadme

Sep 11, 2001
    Argh...it didn't move...ok, let's try this again. ;)

Up!

10. PrincessPadme

Sep 11, 2001
    Ahem!

*in most official sounding voice* Miana is currently offline because her computer is in the shop...she said there should be a new post soon, once that's out of the way. :)

Just thought you should know... ;)

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks Padme... well, computer isn't totally fixed... had to figure out the problem on my own, and have to live with it now.. (stupid scanner.. that's the problem!)

Anyways, I know this is gonna cause some complaints, but I try to follow posting order of my fics, which means this one is last. :( However, there's only 2 in front of it, and I shall try to get those done asap!

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    WOO HOO!! This is my 4,900th post!! :D

Well, enough celebration.. time for bad news...

Darn computer STILL isn't working right, and it has to go back into the shop AGAIN. :(

*sigh* Stupid thing.. why won't it just work??

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    It's those repair men. (Looks at them suspiciously) Okay, what you have to do Miana is go screwy loco on them. You go up there, grab them by the lapels, on their shirt, haul them up and say 'Look, I ain't taking this from you or anybody else! I got people, see, waiting for me to post something! And if I don't post something soon I will be very upset! Very Very Cujo Dog Upset!'

And if that doesn't motivate them, then hold up your index finger and thumb, squeeze them close together, and say "I find your lack of repair disturbing". [face_laugh]

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LMAO!!!! [face_laugh]

Well... I COULD give it a try.. ;)

15. PrincessPadme

Sep 11, 2001
    Hey, this story needs an up!

By the way, Miana...love your new icon! ;)

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks, Padme. :D

Well, now that I have quit my horrible job, and my computer seems to be running better, I must start working on posts!

17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I knew it: it was your Feng Shui lines, they were all screwed up. Lousy job affects the rest of your life, including your computer. :p

FORWARD!

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Hums the song "Woo Hoo" and kicks the story up*

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

It's taken me only 3 & 1/2 years, but I'm finally at 5000 posts!!! Go me!!!! :D :D

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just to keep you occupied...

I found a great song that kinda works as "When Visions Bring Tears"'s theme song... It's called "If You're Not the One" by Daniel Bedingfield...

Hehehe.. I told Sache that. She.. *cough* showed her.. eh... distaste for the song... :p ;)

Anywho, I tried to start writing the post last night. Stared at a blank Mic. Word page for 3 hours. Ended up going back and rereading the beginning of the story. Page is currently still blank.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hope this makes up for it...

~~~~~~~~~~
    Ellia hid a smile as she eyed the girl who sat opposite her, her green eyes trying to not act as if they were focused on the door, which they were. As promised, Ellia had taken Nyah Skywalker out for the evening to one of the nicer restaurants on Coruscant. She had told Nyah that she had reservations for four, extending the invitation to Nyah?s new fiancé, Ellia?s own date sitting beside her. She could tell Anakin was not very comfortable in dress clothes, herself wishing she could be in her comfortable Jedi tunics instead of the long black dress that she now wore. Nyah, taking after her mother, had donned a dress of emerald green, pulling her unruly hair up into a tight bun so that her elegance seemed grander, as did her age.

She watched as Nyah fidgeted in her seat, biting her lower lip from time to time, and subconsciously touching the ring that resided on her finger, as if making sure that it was still there. Her gaze never left the door, hope coming into her eyes every time she saw it open, quickly being replaced by disappointment when she saw that Brad was not the being who had entered. Ellia reached across the table and grabbed Nyah?s hand gently, smiling warmly. ?He?ll be here, don?t worry,? she reassured the younger girl.

Nyah couldn?t help but smile weakly, her smile broadening when she turned her gaze back to the door. Ellia didn?t have to turn to know that Brad had arrived, letting go of Nyah?s hand just in time to see the girl rise from her chair, an action that Ellia and Anakin both followed. The tall, dark haired form of Brad quickly engulfed Nyah into his arms and welcomed her with a kiss, Nyah breaking it off only when she saw Anakin raising an eyebrow at her. ?Where are my manners,? she mused, turning Brad to their companions. ?Brad, this is my cousin Anakin Solo,? she introduced, the man sticking his hand out to Anakin, who shook it firmly. ?He hardly needs an introduction,? Brad said lightly, a smile plastered onto his face. ?And this is Ellia Monas. You?ve met before,? Nyah added quickly, a small blush coming to her cheeks. Brad quickly shook her hand, smiling sheepishly. ?Yes, I never was able to thank you for what you did.?

Ellia simply smiled, seeing Anakin give her a quizzical look. She eyed him, giving him a I?ll tell you later look, then turned back to Brad, who was taking his seat next to Nyah. ?So Brad, do your parents know about Nyah??

?Of course,? he said lightly. ?They were very pleased when I told them I had asked Nyah to be my wife.? He turned to Nyah, who had a sad smile on her face. ?I wish it were as easy to tell my family.?

?They do need to know, Nyah,? Brad softly chided, taking her hand gently into his own. ?I would hate to have your parents disapprove of me even more than they do already.?

Nyah shook her head. ?I don?t know how to tell them. You don?t know my father. He??

?He?s a human being with feelings like any one of us, Nyah,? Anakin piped in. ?You remember how it was when Jaina was going to get married. He finally came to accept it.?

Nyah let out a small snort. ?He accepted it the day of the wedding. Besides, Jaina isn?t his daughter.? She let out a sigh, mumbling ?what will I do?? to herself.

Ellia took a sip from the glass of water that sat before her, placing it gently back down onto the table. ?You know Nyah, you should tell him. Tonight.?

?Tonight?? Nyah?s voice raised above the volume of the noise of the restaurant, the girl giving a guilty look as she whispered again, ?Tonight?? She shook her head. ?No way.?

?Nyah, look how well he took it when I told him I was going to be a father,? Anakin pointed out. ?You might be surprised how he reacts.?

Nyah laughed bitterly. ?I can imagine how he?d react?? She frowned slightly and narrowed her eyes to impersonate her father. ?No, no and no! You?re not allowed to date until you?re 50 years old and that?s that!?

Anakin and Ellia laughed while Brad his a smirk. ?Sounds like my father,? Ellia

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Smacks the JC for being such a butt-munch and double posting*

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Hums Nirvana and pushes the story up for them to find easier*

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh, Lukie, you can't protect everyone forever. :(

That dern Skywalker will never get that through his thick Jedi head. [face_laugh]

He's dangerously close, Luke is, in joining wet shirtville. ;) (Nice plug in of the other story you're writing, Miana.)

FORWARD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.