main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY No More 3D Releases.

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by RingoStarrkiller, Jan 28, 2013.

1. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Doesn't look like we'll be doing any events at the movie theatre until 2015. Lucasfilm just announced that they are cancelling the 3D release of both trilogies, to better focus on the upcoming film.

2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I admit I am a wee bit disappointed... although not that impressed by the 3D version, I always enjoy the movies on the big screen! Especially with the kiddos!

JDuffPhoto likes this.
  3. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Same here, Anna. I loved taking Chris to see Ep. 1 in 3D, however, like you said, I wasn't all that impressed. IMHO, 3D movies are best suited for animation (ex. The Lion King and Cars 2).

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    No great loss

5. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I didn't know they released any movies in 3D...

6. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    They will still do it eventually. Just later. I agree they should concentrate on episode VII, it's 2013 already

7. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    unless the movie was shot and meant to be a 3D movie from the beginning like Avatar(which was amazing to see in the theaters in 3D), i find the added #d to be lackluster and not worth it. I was looking forward to an event within the group and taking my son to see it in the theater since his first movie was episode 1 last year or whenever it was.

glad they are putting all the focus on the new movie. the next 2 years leading up will be most exciting!

8. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Yay for no more 3D re-releases! Boo for lack of stuff on the big screen! Huzzah for episode vii! #allthethings

quigonschuel likes this.
  9. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Not many live action films ARE meant for 3D formatting, with Avatar being the exception.