main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No more action features on future figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Padme (arena escape):

Not a good likeness, hate the quick draw feature and the straight right arm.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Horrible action feature.

Do you think the reviewing should be done in a seperate thread?

3. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Why waste thread space on it? I think here is just fine.

4. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Well then maybe more people would participate.

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Sorry but I felt pretty ill yesterday and forgot to update.
    So here it goes:

#03 Obi Wan Kenobi ( Coruscant Chase )

6. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Obi Wan (Coruscant Chase):

Aside from being simply an ugly figure, the lack of articulation makes him pretty worthless.

The ability to hang on to the Assassin droid is a nice touch, but ultimately flawed since he can't be displayed in that way. This could've been solved with a simple string and a suction cup, allowing the Droid to be hung much like the "weather vane" that comes with Bespin Duel Luke.

----

You know, we really shold open this up as another thread, and just move through and review each figure.

7. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Yeah one of you want to do it? Each day post the next fig.

8. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I like that idea, Ret. Another problem: the Saga Bespin Vader and Luke, as you all know, have the ability to swing their lightsaber. The problem with this occurs when you try to make them fight each other. Vader swings to the left and Luke swings to the right. How can they fight like this? Why couldn't they just make them swing in the same direction so that we could make them fight?

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, yes I as going to update everyday with a new gimmik figure till we reached the end of the line.

Here we go again:

#04 C-3PO ( Protocol Droid )

10. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Billy_Dee: As you posted that I sent MJF a PM about opening up a new thread.

I just think we'd get a better response in a thread intended for the purpose of reviews.

11. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Isn't there already a thread for thoughts on the figures?

12. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Possibly so, but I couldn't find any referenced in the "Official Threads" thread.

13. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I do not think action features are required unless you open them and play with them but if you are a real coolector even if you open them they are not all that great, that is awesome that hangar duel Anakin's arm comes off and it's all magnetic, it makes it look more real if you cut his arm with Dooku, but all don't really care for action features, I am more interested in the figures themselves and keeping them in the package and ahve a duplicate out of the package to create a battle scene.

14. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    YESYESYES!!!!!

No more stupid lumpy protruding things! No more dumb expressions (Mace Windu, Geo rescue), yes! Unfortunatly, this is too late to save Sarrlac Pit Boba. A moment of silence, please.

15. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    There was an Official Thoughts on Figures thread, but it was automatically locked and deleted by the boards because it was so old and wasn't being posted in. I'll go ahead and start a new one up now as it really was a helpful thread to have around. :)

edit by Neck: Ok, I've got the new thread up now - Thoughts on Figures - The official SW figure review thread

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Actually, I was aware of the Thoughts
    on the figures thread before.
    On this topic only the gimmiks and
    action features of each figure gets discussed, not the whole figure.
    So, I think that`s the right thread for it.

Let`s return to C-3PO and then go for
    #o5 Kit Fisto later.

17. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    No problem, figure's action feature reviews can go here, actual figure reviews will go in the other thread.

18. pakatak

pakatak Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    For the most part the action features were very stupid. The move leg, swing saber of the new dooku or the squeeze both legs for a slash attack of the old anaking.

However I do think that hasbro did some good things with their new features. The magnet lightsaber grip is cool. also some of the force effects were neat. the removable heads and limbs were a neat touch. Finally the new mace (areana confrontatio) (i think) has rubber arms that can be moved into various poses be moving the stick sitting there in his bace. Granted the stick can be annoying but I really thought the realistic saber slashin action was worth it. Perhaps if the stick were removable it would have been better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.