main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No more Ssi-ruuk?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SST_Beetle, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SST_Beetle

SST_Beetle Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    I've read online that the New Republic went out to the Ssi-ruuk homeworld, but found them defeated, possibly by the Chiss. I'm just curious as to when (and in what) this happened.

Also, in the Chiss section of The Essential Guide to Alien Species, it says that there were reports of a major encounter between the Chiss and Vong at Garqi. Was that in one of the NJO books? I'll admit I might have just passed over it if it was.

2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    The Chiss thing was not mentioned in the Dark Tide books.

The Sii-Ruuk thing is new to me, though I always suspected that they were "The big Threat".

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I have always found it wise not to guess what the chiss do, let Zahn do it for you.

4. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I liked the Ssi-ruuk, they were something fresh and new( back in 1994).
    The chiss did come and help the NR in Dark tide: ruin, thats when they fought the Vong.

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah Im aware of that battle(Garqui), however you missunderstand. The powerful chiss are located in the deep UR and never make outside contact, THrawn forces do.

6. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    What's the sourse for the ssi Ruuk extermination? I'm slightly skeptical, though I'm wrong a lot in cases like this...

7. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    I remember that I read something about it somewhere... when the newly formed New Republic wanted to strike back at the Ssi-Ruuk in their territory, the only thing they found was wreckage and desolation in the sector, probably made by a powerful and *unknown* race. The Ssi-Ruuk never came back in the stories.

Now I really can't remember where that was.. maybe The Gatherer could help us on this...

8. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
  9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I can help you, friends. It is belived(and possibly confirmed by gamer 5) the chiss destroyed the Ssi-Ruuk.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yup, it was the Chiss.

The Chiss: Solving ugly galactic problems and supporting peace through superior firepower since 1991.

11. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    thrawn's forces are the only chiss with the capability of leaving there section of space. The main chiss empire which is only 28 systems large, doesn't have hyperspace capabilities.

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I love this man!!!! Well not really love but, thanx for supporting the non-racist non xenophobic, non-biogoted, c-dudes.

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Thats 28 systems Val, I love correcting people!

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Oh, and I'm not supporting communism. or there xenophobic tendencies(even of which thrawn had in his personality), but I am a strong supporter of spiker, ;)

15. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I believe all of this about the Ssi-ruu being destroyed was in teh EC too.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It didn't confirm the chiss involvment in the EC, just said that they "Might" have been the ones involved.

17. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
  18. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    4-5 ABY:

The NR formed an invasion force of 12 Nebulon-B frigates and smaller vessels. The flagship, ironically, was the refitted Shree class Battle Cruiser captured at Bakura (renamed Sibwarra). The crew struggled with the Sibwarra's odd equipment, and suffered a few injuries and deaths on the voyage.
    The task force was surprised when they entered the star cluseter to find a half-beaten foe. Another force had attacked from the opposite front. Recent interpretations suggest the Chiss. The NR task force engaged the remaining fleet, battering their way to the Ssi-ruuvi homeworld. They reached a standstill, and negotiation were inconclusive. Mon Mothma believed they could not amount another invasion, and had the fleet pull back and liberate Clak'dor VII.

All of this I got from the Essential Chronology. I don't know what other sources say on the matter.

19. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I have always found it wise not to guess what the chiss do, let Zahn do it for you.

And with no Zahn books on the horizon, it is likely to remain a mystery...thankfully.

20. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Unthanfully, I just dont want the authors screwing around with the chiss, they have to stay true to Zahns origanal ideas of them. And Val, Spiker is the "Chissdude"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.