main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NO MORE SW GAMES ......

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARKMETHOD, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    "The division was making too many mediocre "Star Wars" games,"

It's their fault for making mediocre Star Wars games. And as for Republic Commando, I mean a regular Clone Trooper not a Commando. But that makes me come to another idea, ARC Troopers game.

2. JohnNewman

JohnNewman Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2006
    They are taking a break but they will return. I mean they need to come up with new ideas...

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Where do you get the idea that they are taking a break?

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I guess due to the lack of SW gaming news.

But i betcha there will be several official announcements at E3 in a month.

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    In short: LA used to do a lot of good games. Some were SW. Some were not. Lucas released the PT and LA focused on turning out a lot of new SW games to ride the publicity tide. Some were good. Many were not. With said publicity tide gone, they're going back to releasing other kinds of games. To counteract the SW flood, they'll even be focusing on producing these other games, but that does not mean in the slightest that there will be "NO MORE SW GAMES .....," because in the very same announcement that they'll be doing other types of games commonly once more, they also mentioned that they're working on a Vader game currently.

That is all. You may return to your homes and put down the pitchforks and torches. Or, you could use them to riot outside LA until they create TIE Fighter: Empire. Your choice.

6. MissFisto

MissFisto Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    I hope they take their time developing a good game, as opposed to something hastily put together. [face_praying]

7. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Well now that the SW movie rush has come to an end LA will have to learn to make quality games once again if they wish to survive. Which I can forsee happening.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Aye. I'm hoping they do a little soul-seeking, too, and possibly return to their roots for a few games. The Nintendo DS would be great for a new little Monkey Island game... [face_batting]

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    If I had had more time this morning or last night or whenever it was when I first saw this thread I would have IM'ed Arie or someone cool and placed a bet that

1/ it's total crap.

2/ JP would be the one to shoot it down.

Firstly, the link in the first post is ONE PARAGRAPH, and not only that's it's a summary of an article. An article, obvioulsy that's bollocks, and any summary or reference to it, is subsequent bollocks.

JP
    +1 tact
    +1 logic

DARKMETHOD
    +1 n00b

Anyone who believed this
    +1 Gulibility

edit =

on closer inspection...

Link provided in first post by Author "DARKMETHOD" goes to this:

2006/04/17 8:49:22: Posted by DM
    The New York Times has done a piece on Lucasarts. The article's main point is that Lucas is going to focus on non-star wars games since they have pretty much exhausted the SW reservoir. Not only that but there will not be any more movies to draw material from. Towards the end though they do hint at a 1915 era San Francisco game which could be in the Indiana Jones universe.

$5 says DM is DARKMETHOD himself, thusly read the aforementioned article and drew a shocking conclusion, posted the above italicised paragraph and then came here and posted this thread referencing his own post on that other site :p

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    =D=

11. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    no false! i read the report at work, game reports is the only game site not blocked here.

so gathering all this information that game reports was wrong, so now you want to call people names. don't be a [edit] . i read the report and posted it on here end of story, some of you had more information and that's great.
    i still want my sw games!
    then we gotta have a genius over here call people names, grow up!

lets wait and see, because in the NYT report they still state they are not a "SW GAME COMPANY".

sithforcelord give me my 5 bucks!!!!

12. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    [face_laugh]

edit: [image=http://victorjr.users.superford.org/pictures/various/owned/owned1.jpg]

13. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    grow up!

14. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    There is no way there won't be another Star Wars game, they have way to much they haven't covered...Like

Yuzzaan Vong War. (They need games on this...I'm dying for one!!!) and when the Emporer returns, Luke and jedi vs. Exar Cun, Dark Nest Trilogy

I think all of those would sell and be great games. They just need to do somthing with the EU, then they can go crazy and sell and become richer...People will buy star wars games no matter what.

BUT PLEAZE NO MORE BATTLES OF HOTH!!!!!!!!!! I've played that 50 thouzand times and each time its the same! I win! :p

15. DARKMETHOD

May 18, 2004
    I was thinking of "the sith wars" mmorpg for xb360 & ps3.

16. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Please refrain from posting game ideas here--we've got 2 specific threads for that:

All Games: here.

LucasArts specifically: over here.

Thanks.

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    As far as I can see the only person being called names in this thread is "DM" who posted the article on gamersreports referenced. If DARKMETHOD is taking personal offence at that, well, maybe there's some truth in SFL's detective work.

18. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Lego Star Wars 2

KOTOR 3

Darth Vader (something after Episode III)

They can just go....

19. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Therw will never be games based on the New Jedi Order. It's just not a valuable property.

20. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    I say BS!

21. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    In reality though the NJO isn't valuable. The NJO caters to the novel and comic fans, while all the SW games to date has catered to fans of all facets of Star Wars. Why else do you think there are so many games based off of the movies? To cater to just about every fan out there not just the few million (probably 10 million) who like the NJO when there are 80 million who like the movies.

Also: SFL FOR TEH WIn!

22. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    FEWLS!! Don't even joke about it. This will be the only thread they'll look at, and then you'll be to blame for another remake of that freakin' level! [face_mischief]

23. Sgt_Cade

Sgt_Cade Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    This could be a really good thing. LucasArts at first didn't have any Star Wars games, but had alot of really great games such as Maniac Mansion, Loom, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island etc. It wasn't until 1993 we saw X-Wing, then Rebel Assault. I'm not really counting the two NES releases.

I think taking a break is a good thing, but I do admit there are other areas they could explore instead of rehashing another Death Star or Hoth battle. KOTOR is a good example of a great SW title with alot of originality and playability. Dark Forces, atleast up until Jedi Outcast was a really good series. It seems inspiration is something that has been lost lately in the Star Wars games, and of course the whole Galaxies debacle.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    They are not on a break.

[image=http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_Friends/Thumb/003FRN_David_Schwimmer_004.jpg]

25. MissFisto

MissFisto Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    [face_laugh]

As long as they do a Kotor 3, I'll be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.