main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Nebraska IMAX :(

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Talz, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    If only we had the option. :_|

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If you want to take a long trip, come to see it in Minneapolis. You can tell your parents you want to look at the UofM as a potential college and then add, "hey, look what's playing at the zoo. Let's check it out."

:)

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    LOL Bobafemme......but there is no guarantee that Minnesota's Winter would hold off.....is there? ;)

Unfortunately, that won'twork with me, since I graduated from college and have other commitments on November 1st.

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Don't tempt me like that Bobafemme!! :D

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
  6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  7. BobaFemmeFatale

BobaFemmeFatale Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    *waves hand

You are tempted.

Drats, I forget I'm no jedi. Actually the U of M is a nice school. I have my BA from here and returned after my MA to work. It may even have a reciprocity agreement with NE. I'll have to look into that. :)

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I think it does have reciprocity... one of my friends is looking into it :)

9. 5150

5150 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I'm gonna get to see it! I'm going to Vegas in two weeks, and it is playing at the IMAX theater at the Luxor hotel!

<homer voice>Woo-hoo!</homer voice>

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Lucky [face_envious]

11. 5150

5150 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Well, just got back into town from Vegas, where we headed down to the Luxor to see AOTC in all its IMAX glory. I thought it was awesome. Admission was a bit pricey at $12 bucks, but I guess I've been spoiled by Lincoln prices for far too long. :) I won't ramble on forever because I am sure that you've all probably read some reviews on this already, so I'll just summarize by saying that the level of detail in some shots are just OUTSTANDING. As for the editing, it really did seem to flow better than the original cut without detracting from the story. There were four of us that went and two had not yet seen AOTC, and didn't seem to be lost or confused at any potential story "holes." The only cut scene that I really missed was the entire scene in Palp's quarters immediately after Padme's assassination attempt. I think that is necessary for the Jedi's immediate defense of Dooku, and Yoda's look of distrust towards Palps in that scene. But anyhoo..... if any of you do get a chance to see it, do your self a favor and go. You won't be disappointed.

12. 5150

5150 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Well, just got back into town from Vegas, where we headed down to the Luxor to see AOTC in all its IMAX glory. I thought it was awesome. Admission was a bit pricey at $12 bucks, but I guess I've been spoiled by Lincoln prices for far too long. :) I won't ramble on forever because I am sure that you've all probably read some reviews on this already, so I'll just summarize by saying that the level of detail in some shots are just OUTSTANDING. As for the editing, it really did seem to flow better than the original cut without detracting from the story. There were four of us that went and two had not yet seen AOTC, and didn't seem to be lost or confused at any potential story "holes." The only cut scene that I really missed was the entire scene in Palp's quarters immediately after Padme's assassination attempt. I think that is necessary that the Jedi's immediate defense of Dooku, and Yoda's look of distrust towards Palps were included, but George didn't ask my opinion. So anyhoo..... if any of you do get a chance to see it, do your self a favor and go. You won't be disappointed.

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll stick with my dvd, thanks. It doesn't have anything deleted from the theatre version AND I can watch it on my own time for free.

I think its a little crazy to drive 4 or 8+ hours to see the movie. If its $12 in Vegas......imagine how much it would be in Minnesota or Kansas City.......

14. 5150

5150 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting anyone make a special trip somewhere to see it. That would be nuts! :) I just meant if you happen to be somewhere where they have it and have the time......

15. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    That's awesome that you got to see it :D

As for it being nuts for anyone to drive somewhere special to see AotC on IMAX... well, isn't it nuts that people spend so much time here and when they meet IRL (or talk on the phone) they often talk about the JC? :p

We're supposed to be nuts! ;)

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    well, isn't it nuts that people spend so much time here and when they meet IRL (or talk on the phone) they often talk about the JC?

:eek: I saw Emily at B. Daltons and that is basically all we talked about... :p

I hope IMAX will be playing somewhere in Madrid come next March... ;)

17. 5150

5150 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Sorry about the double post last night. I just now realized I did that. Thought I was editing, but I had already posted. That's what I get for posting so dang late I guess....

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Appologie accepted, I mean, you just came back from Vegas...

...or you were still stunned at the glory that must be AotC IMAX. ;)

19. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I hope IMAX will be playing somewhere in Madrid come next March...

:p

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :( I just thought, even if it was playing, I would have to escape from my host family... and it would be in Spanish!!! :eek:

*Scratches idea off of "Must go to IMAX" list* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.