main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "no one is here"...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by big_boss_nass, Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
  2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Arizona must not be a hot spot for Star Wars fans.

Well don't look at me...I'm from PA.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

3. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    pittsburgh PA.

4. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    we need one more person and 3 meetings to become a FF

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    No not Pittsburg. Try again.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

6. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    -turtle creek.
    -philly.

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Actually - you need to have three meetings in which at *least* three people show. It really doesn't matter how many people post to the boards, although I encourage all the people interested in PhxFF to post there (since that's where most of our planning and discussions take place). :)

kreleia ^.^

8. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    meetings about what

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Um... well, Star Wars, for starters. ;) Actually, they don't have to be meetings like you're thinking. Just a group get-together. Go to a movie or something, have a b-b-q at a park and invite other people. Y'know, just meet each other. Star Wars will inevitably come up in conversation anyway. :)

10. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    me jedi ludacris,darthspino,and sith_assassin do that all the time

11. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    That's great, but you need to tell the rest of FF about it too. PM Obey Wann about the next get-together, and have him post it on TFN. You'll need details about it - where, when, what you'll be doing, how to get there, etc. Also include your contact information in case anyone interested has questions. It's a good idea to have Obey Wann post it about a week (maybe longer if you want a lot of people to see it) in advance.

If you're really interested in getting the Tucson FF started, then I *highly* suggest you read this (It's directly from the FanForce FAQ):

How can my city be recognized as a FanForce Chapter?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here.) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans come together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official FanForce Chapter:

*Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

*Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!
    IMPORTANT Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.**

*Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.

*A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!

**Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.

Fanforce has these requirements because it is much more dynamic than just a message board. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

kreleia ^.^

12. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    thanks i'll be sure to have the others read what you have posted for us.thanks.

13. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    Where are Tucsons fans at,lets go people.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not from Tucson but I know there have to be some people lurking out there. Wouldn't it be great to meet some new people to see Episode II with, or friend some friends that like the same things you do? Come out of the lurking closet!

15. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    Yes,come out and post people,do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.