main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

no one read the USA Today article! It's a trap!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Please dear lord or whatever you people hold dear, DO NOT read the USA today article posted on TFN's main page! Do not visit USAtoday.com, do not buy the newspaper, unless you want one of the biggest spoilers in the movie revealed to you.

2. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Too late! I'm not at all happy about this... There really should have been a spoiler warning on TFN's news page, if it's true, that is.

EDIT:

OK, according to a PM from jedi_master_ousley this spoiler is probably false. Nevertheless, I would advise HCSF-ers to avoid it anyway, just in case...

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Wait, anyone wanna PM me with which part they didn't want to know about? There's one part that I'm 99% sure is inaccurate...

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Don't read the article anyway.

We haven't heard anything about that particular piece of information.

Keep in mind, the reviewer said "Threepio is back for ROTS" - evidently he didn't see TPM and AOTC.[face_mischief]

Anyway, the "spoiler" doesn't make sense at ALL with ANH. If you know what I'm saying.:p

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    It doesn't make sense with any other spoilers either. :p

Everyone knows they screwed that one up. ;)

So the summary here... don't read the article, and if you do, don't believe everything you read.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I didn't find the article that spoilery... except for that bit at the end which is obviously inaccurate. Anyone who keeps up with Hyperspace (which means me, Dustin and Matt :p) knows the bit about 3PO, and where he actually is. But like most things, if you're HCSF it's definitely best to stay away.

7. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah I was definetly trapped and saw spoiler after spoiler in that article!!!!!!

Not happy at all.

8. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    What is all the hullabaloo about? I read it, wasn't spoilery for me.

9. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    I can assure you all that the spoiler at the end of the article is NOT true. I am not messing with you. It seems that a journalist at USA Today has gotten ahold of bogus rumors and not actual content. Worry not. :)

10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Either that, or he's a dumbass. :p

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    You think a fact checker would have picked that mistake up... sheesh. Someone at USA Today has to be a SW fan. In fact, I know the guy who designs their website, and he's a huge fan, but why would departments talk to each other? Even Wise could have straightened them out.

12. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I have that article up in another window as I type this....I am glad I came here first and saw the warning.

Time for my radar to be on high alert

13. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well it's good to know some of those spoilers are false. I was really shocked to hear that.

14. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Unfortunately, this is not an unusual occurance. I remember back in 1983 that USA Today posted a brief article before ROTJ opened in which they shamelessly gave away all of the big surprises in the movie. I realized what it was after reading about Yoda's death, and stopped myself from reading the rest.

As for today's article, I skimmed through it rather quickly, and I really can't remember what the supposed big spoiler is. But, even if it is false, don't remind me!

15. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Honestly, if you're worried about spoilers, why did you read past a header that says "How It Ends"?

16. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I nominate this thread as thread of the week for saving me from reading the evil spoilers(even if they were fake) =D=

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm glad to hear credible evidence that it might be wrong. I didn't consider it a huge spoiler but was mad enough that we didn't get warned about it. At least now there's doubt in my mind.

Stupid main stream press, how do they not realize you shouldn't say something like that?

18. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Stupid main stream press, how do they not realize you shouldn't say something like that?

The common folk seems to be more interested in PC and nipplegate than whether something is spoiler to a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.