main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon no ones stoked about the SW bluray??

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    I posted a while ago about the star wars bluray, Im just taken back at the fact no one really had much to say about it. I got one for my brother and me (it was a gift for being my best man, that along with the light saber im making him), any ways we got 33 days till its release.... Im hoping they have a midnight release!!!!!
    Any one else getting stoked?? any other preorders?? or does every one really just not care??? This is the pinnacle release!!! this is a 9 disc set its what all true fans have been chomping at the bit for!!!! I just hope they have the original trilogy included, im worried thats gonna left behind :_|

2. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    While I am stoked about it, I am also getiing upset with Hollywood and their ilk for pilfering the livelihood from us geeks by constantly supporting different mediums in which to support their art. I already have three versions of the original trilogy on VHS and Episode I on VHS, then proceeded to buy them all on DVD with the promise of more extras and now they are doing it on Bluray and quite frankly I have not bought into bluray because I think it will be like the laser disk of the early nineties and just be a speed bump for completely digital. I may just be a conspiracy theorist but next time you are at a video store like Best Buy, or the like ask yourself one question, "Where did all the movie aisles go?" And the video rental stores are a joke as well. A dying experience. But back to topic, yes I am stoked, but I'm still deliberating on whether or not to buy it.

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Currently saving $ for it. I'm excited to see the extra stuff. And I too am in the relm of do I really want another set of the movies when I have them in all of the other formats?? meh, we'll see.

-Eric

4. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    Would be nice to watch on my flat screen had my son not thrown his wii remote through it while playing Lightsaber Duels...

Must get tv first :(

5. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    I was never gunna buy a bluray player but the ps3 has one built in so its just a perk lol, I too have several medias to cover your SW needs! Ive got the OG trilogy on VHS, then realized how much I was missing out with wide screen!!! so I got that then came the special ed> I actually have the entire saga on dvd.... TWICE!!!! lol the box set then each one individual that a friend got me(they still sit on my shelf...unopend), yet I still have my ticket in hand for the bluray, I know a diffrent set will eventually get released but untill then I will sit back and enjoy the crispness that is bluray lol, im just hoping that this 9 disc set includes the actual true release of the OG trilogy, because it would truely be a crime if its not included, we may have to resort to rebellion and take back from george what is truelly ours.... the real true one and only Star Wars.

6. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    A rebellion!!!???!!

OOH OOHH can I be leia?

7. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    As much as I want to see extras, I am still content with the DVD format and I refuse to go out and by Blu-Ray, just because the tech geek says it is the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread. I personally don't care. I really have never seen much of a difference in my DVD and Blu-Ray, to be perfectly honest. So, now with HD (which I don't like anyway), it is just one more money trap for the blue-collar fan.

No thanks, I'll pass.

- Bill

8. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    :eek: Ouch!

9. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    hey Bill, do you own an HD TV or are ya just hatin because you dont have one lol!! i think HD is awesome I didnt think there was much of a difference until I got an hd.... WOW is all I can say. The quality is just amazing

10. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Aren't they re-re-re-releasing it in 3D soon?
    That may be worth it

11. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Yeah, Jim, I do have an HDTV. I don't have tv, since I don't have an antennae to catch any of the local channels - if that makes any sense (I live in an old apartment building).

My dad has an HDTV and everytime I watch a movie, or whatever, I see all of the imperfections that show up in the movie, or tv program. To be honest, it looks like a really bad British soap opera to me. I just don't like the way it looks. It may be the latest and greatest in technology, but I would rather stick to how things look on a regular DVD.

Call me crazy, but that is just how I am!

- Bill

12. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
  13. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    lol!!!! yes yes Bill actually, I do believe I know what you mean. If you get a bluray of a flick that just isnt of the hidef standard it does come out kinda funny almost grainy looking and Ive actually watched a couple films that looked...uh...how should I say, superimposed??? lol and to watch dvds on a high def tv.... -_- eh just aint cool.
    I can sorta understand I guess I can see you not wanting to fork over the dough for a bluray player but if you were to get a multi function ps3!!!! not only does it play ps3 games you can play psx games as well cd dvd AND bluray!!!! if thats not enough you can stream cable and movies via the internet.... you dont need cable just internet, as far as bluray being just a speed bump to digital, it actually is digital, theres some thing known as smart bluray or some thing like that it connects to the internet and instead of seeing the same previews and interviews over and over itll show you new previews and gives you the new and improved deleted scenes or interviews and extras gallore. it is quite an experience.... gosh you would think i was an advocate lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.