Indi, IN No original 'classic trilogy' on DVD

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by OriginalBryGuy, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, BryGuy, it's fine for you to have your opinions. It's good for everyone to have their opinions. What's not so good is when you belittle the opinions of others, as you did in the very post above by insinuating that if I don't want the original version on DVD then I must be someone who will take anything George Lucas will throw out there, or when you cast your opinions as fact. A simple "I feel" or "What I think" would go a long way in giving that feeling.

I never questioned whether people wanted the original versions on DVD, I know that people do. I questioned your right to demand it and your "opinion stated as fact" concerning George's motives for it.
  2. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    This, believe me, has been alot of fun to read, however, lets just keep it to discusion about the topic and try not to flame anyones opinions. This goes for everyone who has posted in this thread or on the boards.

I don't mind some socks flaming in good fun, or even a post or two (if it's funny) ;), just kidding. But lets just try to keep the ongoing flaming in a single thread to a minimum.

Seriously, let return to our regularly scheduled post topic.

Sorry to get so serious, I kind of suck at it...
  3. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Belittle others opinions? Stating my opinions as facts? Come on now Yodafett. If I'm really guilty of that, then you have to share the blame.

Let's state a fact here. I just started this thread with a direct quote from Lucas. His own words. I remarked by saying that kinda sucks, and as long as I think it then you betta believe it's a fact in my mind.

Now you've got 'whojedi' aka 'Da Man' asking us to 'simma down'.

Do we really have to go round and round like this? Seriously. There are millions of disgruntled Star Wars fans out there who are bummed out by Lucas for a multitude of reasons and this is one of them.

I've already located a friend with the laserdiscs who plan to do some DVDs for me so why am I even continuing this discussion anymore? I really don't know.

Yodafett my friend, you see Lucas as you want to see him, and for your sake, I hope his glowing image on that pedestal is never tarnished, I really do. For me, and other disallusioned fans, we're still wondering when Lucas is going to own up to his mistakes, and give us the full potential that Star Wars has to offer.

So, to those that will wait till your 90 to see the "real directors cut" version of the saga, I wish you well, and hope you actually do live to see the whole thing complete.

To fans like myself who feel Lucas already achived perfection with the 'classic' trilogy can always count on Ebay, or friends like mine who will find ways to cheat the Empire that is LucasFilm and make our own DVDs.

Tadah! Another successful end to a great thread. Thanks to all who've shared their views here!

*sigh*
  4. yodafett999 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll agree that we're getting nowhere and likely will not. We each have our visions of not only George Lucas but what the rights of an artist are to give us their version of their art and the two will obviously never meet.

I do appreciate the chance to hear opposing viewpoints and I commend you, OriginalBryGuy, for sticking to your guns and hanging on the unwaivering belief in what you hold true.

If they release the originals on disc at some point in the future, be it in the interest of popular opinion or for the cause of preservation, I will get them. Nostalgia does still hold a place in my heart and the place is not as small as it may appear. What I won't do, however, is lose sleep over it if they aren't.

As an artist I'll support anyone's right to put forth material in the way they see fit just as a writer I will always fight for anyone to have the opportunity to say what they choose -- be it unpopular, controversial, or downright wrong.

I'm done in this thread now. I've said my piece and it's time for some others to get a chance. Speak out and be heard :)
  5. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    In the interest of fun.....

I've forgotten what the original topic was anyway.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.