main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Other Choice ( JA, Obi, Qui, angst, h/c) - Promise kept, updated (1-30-03)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Antigone, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    So sorry for the horribly long delay! I just got caught up with Darth RL and could not free myself until now?hope it was worth the wait...

More info, see chapter 1

?Did you really think that I would believe you? Do you have any idea how long I?ve been waiting? You said five days, it?s been twelve!? Samaron screamed as he paced in the spacious sitting room, brilliant red robes swishing against polished brown boots. Each step faster, each step drawing the chief nearer to a full blown temper tantrum ? one of the many annoyingly childish actions Obi-Wan was sure the small being was capable of ? the flailing of the man?s arms simply lending more credence to the thought. ?Is it your custom, your *highness,* to keep more than hospitable men guessing as to when you will grace them with your presence??

?Samaron,? a man dressed in rich, deep purple robes, embroidered in silver, spoke somewhat exasperatedly, ?I have already told you what happened. My ship?s hyperdrive overheated and we were forced to take the time to fix it. It was more damaged than I initially thought and the power needed to repair it was taken from the nonessential operating systems ? namely, the comm.? The man?s voice was decidedly annoyed, but carried with it little of the contempt his counterpart?s had, ?Despite what you believe, I was not indulging in pleasure slaves for the past two standard weeks.?

?Then what would you call *that,* Polusti?? Samaron?s sharp gaze locked on a member entourage ? the only female in the group. The woman was quite attractive, young, but in pleasure slaves that would be of no object. She wore the finest garments; emerald green robes, impeccably woven and fitted to be both tasteful and flattering. Her dark hair was pulled up into a delicately twisted bun adorned with green jewels ? she must be quite the performer to receive such gifts, Obi-Wan thought wryly.

Polusti motioned for the girl to stand next to him and she immediately obeyed. Placing a gentle hand on the young woman?s shoulder, Polusti answered, ?I would call *that* Nariba...my daughter?

?It is a pleasure to meet you, Uncle,? Nariba spoke softly.

Obi-Wan exchanged a look of surprise with his master. The two Jedi had been standing off the side quietly observing the interactions, always ready to jump in should the palpable tensions escalate to something of a more harmful nature, however, they had not expected this turn of events.

Samaron was Nariba?s uncle?

The girl bowed formally, her eyes down, preventing her from observing the mask of pure contempt settling on Samaron?s features. Nariba did not see it, but her father did.

?I think that we are done, for now, Samaron. If you don?t mind, I would like to be shown my quarters.? Polusti wrapped a protective arm tightly around his daughter as the girl erected herself. He spared one final glare at his brother before turning and stalking out, leaving a young servant boy chasing after.

?Well, this was unexpected,? the mirth danced in Obi-Wan?s eyes as he sat down across from his master in one of the lush chairs of the common room.

?Yes,? Qui-Gon rubbed his forehead, ?Quite. It seems that we are in the middle of a brotherly squabble.?

A small smile fluttered across the padawan?s lips, ?And we?re the parents??

Qui-Gon chuckled and rose, walking towards the other side of the room ? towards his bedchamber. As he passed Obi-Wan?s chair, he affectionately ruffled the boy?s ginger spikes, ?If so, you can be the mother.?

Obi-Wan quickly stood and turned, an exaggerated glare burning into the back to the master?s head. Qui-Gon laughed again, ?Give me a moment, Padawan ? I want to see if our mission briefing stated anything about family ties ? then we will go visit Chief Polusti.?

The boy answered obediently and slowly began making his way to his own bedroom, but sped up his steps the moment Qui-Gon closed his door. Entering, he yanked open his nightstand drawer and quickly grabbed a small blue container ? one of many. He placed the contraption to his neck and depressed a

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    No need to beat yourself up over that post, it was great. But now you seem to be suggesting that Obi-Wan became addicted to whatever substance he was getting back home. So even if it started out innocently enough, it is now an addiction where the withdrawls are causing need for pain meds and a second addiction- brilliant kid!

3. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Obi seems to be heading for a big crash. Addicted to one substance, and we still don't know what it's for ;) , and using another that could also prove addicting, a tense situation with a volatile king where things might explode at any minute... not a good time to be handicapped. He needs to tell Qui-Gon what's going on, but I suspect he is deep into denial and won't until forced to. I'm loving it all. :)

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    What if Obi's source for the pain killers gets cold feet, he's gonna be in a world of hurt, and I know he's the great "strong in the force Kenobi" but he can't keep those shields up forever. The withdrawals gonna be hell I think. anyhoo see ya 7

5. Lyla

Lyla Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh, Oh...Obi-Wan can't keep this up for much longer...something's got to give. He's heading for a big crash I think...and we don't even know why he's dependent on the original substance.

You're doing a fantastic job. Can't wait for more!

6. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    You've really planned this story out well... I'm scratching around for new praise here, lol. You already know what I think of this - but: It's shibby! And I hate it when "Darth RL" interferes. :mad:

Lore

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    You really like to keep us on the edge of our seats.

I am just barely staying in my chair.What's up with Obi???

PEACE Ewen

8. Naeva

Naeva Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    This is a great story. You've sure got the 'keep the readers in suspense' thing down pat! :)

9. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I like this! And to think I almost missed reading this one!!! Great job so far! Can't wait fo the next post!

~*Nikita*~

10. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Wow... this is simply amazing! I'm so glad I found it! I can't wait for the next part! :D

11. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Figured, since I don't have a post entirely ready yet (I'm shooting for tomorrow) I'd answer some of your kind feedback (and up=)

PadawanKitara- you're right, that's what I seem to be suggesting [face_mischief]

Abbi_Cee - he definitely needs to tell Qui, but he's needed to do that for a while :)

Jedi7 - who says he's gonna make it to withdrawl? [face_devil]

Lyla - Interesting choice of words you used...
    Lore - hehehe, we're good for each other's egos, aren't we?

Ewen and Naeva - thank you :D yes, I do enjoy me being to only person who know what's going on...well, technically one of two people, but I think it still applies. LoL

Nikita and Draigon_myth - I'm glad you found it too! LoL, welcome and I hope you continue to enjoy!

12. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    How do I keep missing these posts?!

Wonderful, Antigone! But... what's wrong with Obi? Besides the fact that he is addicted to something... er maybe more than one something that is...

More soon... right? :D

13. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Surface! Surface!

Just delurking here to say that I love this fic. I want to know what Obi's on too and how he's going to get out of it (if he does). But if there is one thing the boards have taught me is patients. I might be yelling at the computer because authors pick the worst places to leave but I know there will be more. So, I'll take a couple deep breaths here and wait for the next post. And in case you get any ideas, I have rabid hamsters I can use against you. :D Great so far.

~Swede :p

Dive to lurk! Dive!

14. Naeva

Naeva Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    Going Up! :)

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Swede has rabid hamsters. Oh no! It looks like she seduced some of my little minions over to her side. Watch out Antigone They know how to torture authors who don't post regularly :D

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi :) Just found this, and, well...

POST MORE!

:p

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    **YELLS MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE***

18. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    post post post post post post post post

Post Post Post Post Post Post Post Post

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST

POST?

19. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Um, yoohoo, Antigone - you might just want to consider a nice little posty, here. Otherwise, I think someone is going to suggest letting the dreaded cyber-hounds out of their cages - and giving them a whiff of YOU.

Where are you, Girl? Leaving us like this is just plain cruel!!!

20. BlueJedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Up with you!!!!

21. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Up, up, UPPPPPPPPPP!

22. Naeva

Naeva Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    This needs an Up!

23. BlueJedi

Mar 25, 2002
    Looks like it needs another up

UP!!!

24. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    oh antigone... where are you? We need another post!

25. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    up! :D
    give us a post soon, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.