main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No plan to transport Palps

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by voodoopuuduu, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    perhaps the original plan was to use escape pods?

Nah, there was no plan going in. The more I think about it, the more I think Lucas did it to show the Jedi DONT plan, whereas Palps did plan to the utmost. Planning ahead is a good thing. Not planning shows impatience, whereas Palps showed great patience.

2. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    The novelization simply has them plan to take steal a sep ship from the hangar. But they then figure out that between blow the shields, artoos antics, and the ship getting pounded by the republic(in the Novel it the Republic ship that is really giving the Invisible hand hell was under the temporary command of Lt. Needa(he of the Star Destroyer Avenger in ESB and who vader killed for losing the falcon).

3. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    in the Novel it the Republic ship that is really giving the Invisible hand hell was under the temporary command of Lt. Needa(he of the Star Destroyer Avenger in ESB and who vader killed for losing the falcon).

Thats funny. :D

4. DarthJiangWei

DarthJiangWei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005

Actually I believe that their intention wasnt to take over Invisible Hand. Notice how the ship was still being bombarded by Needa's Republic Capital Ship ( little bit of the novel there). Noone knows that Obi-Wan and Anakin are in there, only the Jedi knew. I guess they were planning on using Escape Pods. Also I think thta maybe the Republic Forces might have known since the novel Needa gives Grievous a chance to surrender, maybe to make sure the Jedi and Palpatine get out safely, but i dont think this is it. They were probably planning on using the escape pods in my opinion.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Needa had no proof that Palpatine was aboard the Hand. When Grievous tried to show him, all that was there was the body of Dooku and an empty chair. But in both the film and novelization, Anakin and Obi-wan decide to take Palpatine out of their by using a shuttle. The only difference is that in the book, we see them get there and realize it's a lost cause. In the film, they're on their way there when the ray sheilds are activated.

6. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    those are both good points
    I never thought of that before
    not sure if there's a logical explanation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.