main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No regulars for the TV sereis.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by slimybug, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    IT looks like this series won't be about Luke, or Han, or Baba Fett, or Asajj Ventriss. It look slike it will be about a new, different character in a new, different place, every episode, coming back to certain acharacters repeatedly, for 100 episodes, showing tones of different stroies spannig the galaxy that bridge the gap between episodes III and IV.

Slimy!

2. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    How does it look like this?

I might be slightly out of touch for a while, but is there something I missed?

3. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    I thought Lucas had hinted at Boba being in the series. Star Wars won't be Star Wars without someone from the films. SW is a big place and there were a bunch of characters that were "minor" but still known that could still be used.

4. Maul_Loves_Ventress

Maul_Loves_Ventress Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005

I back this idea. Stories and characters with definite beginnings and ends are the way to go.
    Characters that just run on and on would diminish the scope of the show/galaxy far far away. I would love to see an Asajj Ventress or Quinlan Vos focused epsode or three as much as the next guy, but the idea of a series just following the same group of characters for years on years...nah.

5. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Absolutely. Have a stroyarc about one character, like Boba Fett, for a few episodes, and then go somewhere completely different, and have it be about Asajj Ventriss or Quinlan Vos, or Aurra Sing, or someoen elese entirely.

Slimy!

6. culloden46

culloden46 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    That's what I think the show will be like too.

They'll do mini-arcs for 4-6 episodes, bringing in a high profile guest star (say Boba Fett, little Luke, Bail Organa, and so forth) as a guest star.

They bring in a writer and a director (or a writer/director like Kevin Smith) to handle little mini-series type segments. Each of the segments are years apart.

Fox is doing a new series called Reunion that spans 20 years. Each episode happens a year apart. So networks are doing shows like that.

7. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I hope there are no main char's in the TV series. Or least not about them, 2 minute cameos' at best. It should be all side characters and the effect the main story has on the universe.

8. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    I think KOTOR gave a lot of people, myself included, assurance that it's possible to tell a good Star Wars story that has absolutely nothing to do with the original characters. Being set 4,000 years apart freed it of the EU straightjacket in which nothing really important can ever happen. If the TV series is set between trilogies it's going to be wearing a version of that straightjacket. It can still work, but it will have to make us care about new characters enough that we're watching mainly to see what happens to them, not to catch whatever movie references or cameos get tossed in.

9. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I believe they already said their won't be any "main characters" in the show.

Which is good. They have the whole GFFA to write about, the last thing I want to see is more jedi crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.