main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga No Room In Hell for Tuskens! (Horror) (Ben Kenobi) Updated 9/10/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Mandalorian_, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Title: No Room In Hell for Tuskens!
    Author: Jamari "The Mandalorian" Lawson
    Summary: When theres no room in hell, the dead will rise from the dunes! Follow Ben Kenobi as he attempts to unravel the truth behind a series of mysterious Tusken slayings taking place during a series of sandstorms.

Dramatis Personae:

Old Ben Kenobi (a legendary Jedi Master and General during the Clone Wars)
    Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru Lars (Luke Skywalker's uncle and aunt)
    Luke Skywalker (young Luke Skywalker age four, the son of the legendary Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker)

Chapter 1

She couldn?t see?

There was blood in her eyes.

But she could feel the coarseness of the Tatooine sand against her scraped palms.

She flinched from the tingling pain in her palms and slumped to her forearms, crawling sprawled out across the sand as the furious winds of the sandstorm whipped her sweaty, aching body.

Her world was black but her ears painted for her a vivid picture of what was going on. Hurrying, feverish, and panicked feet darted all around her kicking up sand. The feet were either accompanied by screams drowned out in blood gurgling pain, or the eery lifeless groans of the Sandpeople.

The Sandpeople- or Tusken Raiders as moisture farmers such as herself and her family of three had come to know them, were nomads who traveled the dunes raiding and pillaging for their survival.

They struck so fast tonight that she and her family hardly had time to prepare- but then again she nor her husband ever expected Tuskens to attack during a sandstorm.

Because on this night, just as the horizon began to swallow the twin suns, she could see countless silhouettes climb out from the sand the way one would expect a corpse to claw out of a grave.

With their rags in tatters they tore the mouthpiece from their masks as if struggling for air and then feverishly lurched toward the first alive thing in the desert they could sense- her home. And by the time she could turn around to alert her husband, they were climbing out of the sand all around her home- lurching lifelessly towards her.

And here she was now, crawling on her forearms- following the hum of her landspeeder.

She was close.

The sand clung to her sweaty body and her tears began to wash the blood out of her eyes. But when she opened them, taking her first glimpse at the chaos all around her- she saw two feet wrapped in tattered rags. Raising her chin to look at whom the pair of feet belonged to, her world was forever blackened by the smack of a metal gaderiffi against her head- and not the blunt end.

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - that was very vividly written.

At least this poor woman was spared being tortured by the Tuskens.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderfully done! =D=

4. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanks ladies, more will be coming tomorrow!

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    :cool: Love the premise! =D=

6. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    That was... disturbing. Good job. :D

~lordmaul13

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    her world was forever blackened by the smack of a metal gaderiffi against her head- and not the blunt end.

Oh, NICE! Well, not for her, but definitely for the story. :p

That was a creepy and wonderful opening. Can't wait for more. :D

edit: Forgot to say, I love the idea of Tusken zombies!

8. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    YES!!!

I love the idea! =D=[face_skull]=D=

9. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Chapter 2

?We?ve determined that the husband had been strangled to death and the wife bludgeoned, but as far as the rest of the family goes- they could have escaped. Either that or whoever did this made damned sure not to leave any traces, sir? A rigid stormtrooper reported to a cryptic old hermit in a thick brown cloak with graying brown hair and beard.

?Sir? It?d been so long since he was referred to as ?sir? in that rigid militiaristic fashion. He could almost grin- but the situation at hand was just too serious. A small family of moisture farmers was just murdered by unknown attackers and what?s worse was that there were no tracks of any kind.

Tracing his blue sun glazed eyes over the smooth surface of sand surrounding the tattered moisture farm- the old hermit couldn?t help but wonder if whoever murdered the family had attacked during a sandstorm.

It was a crazy notion.

Tatooine sandstorms were vicious. They could scrape the skin right off of your bones and leave you a bleached stack of bones by sunrise- but the hermit had never seen a crime scene so?untainted before.

Waving two fingers at the Stormtrooper, putting him in a force-induced hypnosis, the old hermit continued.

?Tell me trooper, did a sandstorm blow over this area?? He asked, the two fingers stroking his bristly beard in curiosity.

?It?s a possibility sir. We?ve been seeing many crime scenes like these recently where the only evidence left behind were meager remains and bleached bones.?

?This is not the first time, Commander??

?Not at all, sir. Reports all over detail small moisture farms like this one being assaulted by a pack of attackers leaving no trace save the remains of their victims. We?ve been instructed to keep it under wraps from civilians.?

?Of course.? The hermit nodded, approaching the corpse of the deceased wife that?d been bludgeoned to death. The hermit bent down before it hovering a palm over the deceased?s head.

What did you see? The hermit seemed to inquire of the corpse- but it could not reply if he called on it. Only the Force could, and that was what he- Obi-Wan Kenobi- would have to summon to get to the bottom of this.

With eyes shut and relaxed he faced the sky, the warmth of the sun washing over his wrinkled face the higher his bearded chin rose.

The Force allowed him to see what she could see- which was nothing.

Was she blind? Kenobi wondered.

Obi-Wan felt what she could feel. Sand clinging uncomfortably to her body as she wade through the sand on her forearms. Her heart pounding at her chest. Her body blanketed in pain.

He heard what she could hear- the beating of feverish feet along the sand. Cries silenced by stomach turning snaps. The wind howling like a wolf cat. Air escaping someone fighting to live.

And then?something most unnatural.

Something?alive? Was it dying? Or was it all ready dead?

He?d heard this type of bellow before but in a more triumphant, lively manner and from the Sandpeople. What heard was something like a stranded, dying creature- groaning in its last minutes.

Nearing her last minutes, Obi-Wan saw the last thing she?d seen- wrapped feet.

His previously discarded theories had been confirmed. But as to how a Tusken Raider could possibly lead an offensive during a Tatooine sandstorm, he had yet to find out.

?You there! Are you a Jedi? I?m gonna need to see some identification!? The stormtrooper commander threatened, brandishing his carbine at Ben Kenobi?s head.

Raising back up to his feet, Kenobi gathered his thoughts and then turned to the Stormtrooper, waving his fingers to hypnotize him once again.

?You don?t need to see my identification, Commander. Right now you want to return to your headquarters and report to your contemporaries that the recent string of murders as of recent on moisture farms have been committed by Sandpeople during a series of sandstorms.?

Then Obi-Wan stopped to think about what he?d just said and how absurd it sounded.

?On second thought, Trooper- you want to return to your headquarters

10. Imperial_Padawan

Imperial_Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2006
    Awesome fic, man! :D

11. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanks for digging on my stuff, man. More coming soon.

12. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Chapter 3

?Owen?? Beru Lars called to her husband from the backdoor of her kitchen. It was getting late and the cool night-time desert air crept along her neck, making her shiver.

?Beru,? Owen replied in gruff, frustrated manner ?Do you have any idea where I set down the damn tools to fix the moisture vaporator? For the life of me I cant find the damn thing!?

?Where?s the last place you put it?? Beru asked.

?I dunno Beru, I?ll tell ya when I find it!? Owen snorted, rolling his eyes. He loved his wife- there were few things in the world he could?ve possibly loved more. But his patience was worn thin, digging around for those damn tools. It was late and he was ready for bed.

?You don?t have to snap at me, Owen!? Beru rested her hands on her hips, leaning her head over to look at her husband. He was inside of his tool shed, tossing everything at the foot of the shed in his manic search for his tools.

?I?m not snapping at you sweetheart.?

?That sounded a lot like snapping to me, Owen!?

?Aunt Beru?? Luke Skywalker called his aunt, rubbing his groggy, sleepy eyes as he approached her.

?I?m sorry, Luke. Did we wake you up?? Beru knelt down before Luke, resting her palms on his warm rosy cheeks.

?Beru! You didn?t throw it out did you?? Owen complained.

?Throw it out? I doubt it! That would require me to step out of this kitchen for a second. And you wouldn?t have that, would you??

?Now just what the hell is that supposed to mean?? Owen shouted, sticking his head out from the shed to eye Beru.

?Aunt Beru?Someones at the do-?

?Watch your mouth Owen, you woke Luke up!?

?Lukes up? Send him back to bed, he?s gotta wake early tomorrow!?

?So you can work him to the bone like you make me work to the bone??

?We live on a farm, Beru??

?Aunt Beru, someones at the door!? Luke said tugging Beru?s shirt.

?Oh, I?d better get it.? Beru replied, rustling his hair and moving past him.

??.and ya know what else, Beru? Owen followed Beru to the door, continuing his argument.

Entering the house through the kitchen door, Owen stomped passed Luke to follow Beru. When he reached her, he lost the will to continue on- because over her shoulder was a ghost from their past.

?Hello, Owen. I see the years and the suns have been just as good to you as they?ve been to me?? Obi-Wan Kenobi asked, a light smirk stretched across his graying beard.

The Lars were speechless.

Obi-Wan turned his attention from them to a ghost of his past. One which at first appeared to be the little slave boy he?d met so long ago. Obi-Wan knelt down to the boy, extending his hand.

?And what is your name?? Obi-Wan asked.

Not sure of whether to make friend or foe of the cloaked hermit, he plainly stated ?Luke.?

?Of course. Luke Skywalker.? Obi-Wan smiled.

?I?m-? Obi-Wan began?

?Ben? Owen finished. ?This is old Ben Kenobi, Luke. He?s an old friend of ours. You?d better run off to bed now, son.?

?Nice meeting you Ben.? Luke nodded to Ben. Then his aunt kissed his forehead and moved him along to his room.

?You know what the Imperials?ll do to me and my family if they find out I let a Jedi Knight into this home?? Owen shouted as quietly as he could, making sure Luke could not overhear.

Ben understood Owen?s frustration though he was slightly taken aback by Owen?s rudeness. Nevertheless Ben moved passed Owen to the back kitchen door, peeking out into the inky black night sky.

The shingles above the door began to shake furiously.

?It seems you?re due for a sandstorm tonight.?

?Kenobi, why are you here?? Owen asked in a tone that suggested it would be the last time he asked.

?Something dark shadows the horizon. You and your family are not safe. I must see to it that you are, Owen.?

?I?m the head of this household, Kenobi. I?ll protect it.?

?This isn?t something you can do alone, Owen. The Dark Side of the Force has tainted something on this planet, perhaps it is after Luke, perhaps it is-?

?Luke? Why would anything be after Luke?

?

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

The glowing blue light of Obi-Wan?s lightsaber light the inside of the Lars Household from the outside revealing to Owen and Beru a lone Obi-Wan Kenobi in a combat stance surrounded by what seemed to be hundreds of dead Tuskens in tattered rags.

"Owen?"

"I...I dont know honey. Get my rifle!"

Obi-Wan in action will be a sight to see! :D

=D=

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved how Obi-Wan got himself out of what could have been a very sticky situation with the stormtroopers.

Owen, Owen, Owen

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

There's no need to be so grumpy with your wife.

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan made it to the farm in time.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=
    \

15. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanks for reading, guys! More coming soon!

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    He heard what she could hear- the beating of feverish feet along the sand. Cries silenced by stomach turning snaps. The wind howling like a wolf cat. Air escaping someone fighting to live.

And then?something most unnatural.

Something?alive? Was it dying? Or was it all ready dead?

He?d heard this type of bellow before but in a more triumphant, lively manner and from the Sandpeople. What heard was something like a stranded, dying creature- groaning in its last minutes.

[face_skull] Chilling...

VMMMM!

The glowing blue light of Obi-Wan?s lightsaber light the inside of the Lars Household from the outside revealing to Owen and Beru a lone Obi-Wan Kenobi in a combat stance surrounded by what seemed to be hundreds of dead Tuskens in tattered rags.

Cool. :cool:

17. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Good updates. It's sort of like Dawn of the Dead only on the Lars homestead instead of at the mall.

~lordmaul13

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The wind howling like a wolf cat.

That's such an awesome description. Wolf cat. Too good. :cool:

?Where?s the last place you put it?? Beru asked.

?I dunno Beru, I?ll tell ya when I find it!?

[face_laugh] I hate when people ask me that.

Loved the image of Obi-Wan surrounded by Tusken zombies. But really, he doesn't need the lightsaber - he just needs to take everyone to the Winchester pub, where they can wait out the night. :p

19. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    For right now, yea. :D

Lol, thanks JadeSolo. I actually had to Wookieepedia the description "wolf cat"

20. Imperial_Padawan

Imperial_Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2006
    I liked the update. :D Was freaky and good. :cool:

=D=

21. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    Just discovered this. and I love it. Put me on the pm list please? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.