main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Horror No Safe Haven

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    No Safe Haven

[image=http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/event-horizon.jpg]

[i][b]November 15th, 2019[/b][/i]

[b]United Nations Aeronautics Research and Development[/b]

[b][color=red]CLASSIFIED LEVEL THREE[/color][/b]

[b]Report on the Orbital Defense Platform (ODP) Incident of November 13th 2018

[i]Recording begins at 0800 on the 15th of April, 2019

Present are Subject 0001, agents Sarah Rockwell and Marcus Lindeman

Transcript follows[/i][/b]

0001: Why am I still here?

ROCKWELL: I guess you forgot about the ODP incident.

0001: You know everything I know! I told-

ROCKWELL: Eight bodies, buddy, lots of blood...

LINDEMAN: ...missing data, missing weapons...

ROCKWELL: ...so you'll understand our hesitance to believe you.

0001: I don't believe this.

ROCKWELL: I don't care.

0001: I don't want to talk about this anymore! You weren't up there, you don't know what it was like! It's just...

LINDEMAN: Subject is having a clear emotional reaction to-

0001: You're damn right I'm reacting!

ROCKWELL: Calm down, sir.

0001: They're dead, and you suspect me! That's it, isn't it? You suspect me!

LINDEMAN: You are the only survivor.

0001: Don't say that!

ROCKWELL: Look. We need to ask, you need to answer.

0001: I won't...I won't...I won't...I can't...I-I...I just...

ROCKWELL: Look, I'm sorry - just calm down.

LINDEMAN: Get a medic!

ROCKWELL: He's seizing!

[i][b]Recording ends[/b]

[image=http://www.iliketotellstories.com/uploaded_images/kansas_2-786376.jpg]

[b]Second Session - 20th of April, 2019
    Present are Subject 0001, Agents Lindeman and Rockwell, and Doctor George Philips[/b][/i]

PHILIPS: John, are you ready?

0001: I, I think so...

ROCKWELL: Good. Then let's begin.

LINDEMAN: We've seen the pictures and video. Not the prettiest stuff.

ROCKWELL: Some people would call the deaths...

0001: Murders.

LINDEMAN: Are you confirming that the crew was murdered?

ROCKWELL: This is...are you confirming that?

PHILIPS: Let him speak!

0001: It's...yeah...yeah.

LINDEMAN: Subject has just confirmed that the other eight crew members were murdered.

ROCKWELL: How?

0001: No! No!

PHILIPS: Calm down, John - remember what we talked about.

0001: It-it wasn't eight...

ROCKWELL: We found eight bodies.

0001: You found what he wanted you to find! Six! Six! Six!

PHILIPS: John, relax.

LINDEMAN: Subject is hyperventilating.

ROCKWELL: Marcus, shut-

0001: The falling star! That's what it was about!

ROCKWELL: The what?

0001: The falling star! It's happening! It's finally happening!

PHILIPS: For God's sake, call a medic! He's seizing!

LINDEMAN: Medic!

[i][b]Recording ends[/b][/i]

[image=http://www.lunaroutpost.com/gallery/earth/images/earth2_medium.jpg]

[b]On November 13th, 2018, something happened in Earth's orbit.[/b]

Information was scarce. Deaths - eight crew members were either killed or met with a tragic and accidental end - and theft of powerful warheads and important data about the latest in military hardware - the Orbital Defense Platform.

In the public media it was referred to as the ODP Incident - a tragic accident. No mention was ever made of the strategic elements lost in the ordeal. It was a horrific and tragic accident, end of story - except to the community of military intelligence.

It was absolutely vital that the story behind this horrific accident become known.

But what had happened?

[hr]
    The Orbital Defense Platform was sanctioned by the UN after a movement was put forward by NATO member nations. As nuclear disarmament progressed steadily, problems arose. This was expected, but not on the scale predicted by systems analysts. Warheads and weaponized plutonium went missing. Fingers were pointed and arguments ensued; counter-terrorist efforts proved futile, as no one could find a trace of the missing weaponry.

The ODP was eventually suggested as an ideal spot for counter-attack. In a post-Soviet world, it was of course all too easy to gain access to various means of putting a warhead into orbit. Fear

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Approved!

Name: Junova ("Juno") Xing
    Country of Origin: Hong Kong (China)
    Education: Astrophysics
    Personality: Smart, dedicated, headstrong, and stubborn.
    Military Skills: No experience, but has undergone basic weapons training and a course in zero-gee combat.
    Special Skills: A very good memory for trivia
    Short Bio:
    Juno's story is a clichéd come-from-behind tale: her parents were killed in a road accident when she was a toddler, and she spent much of her young life in a series of orphanages on Hong Kong. She was a gifted, intelligent child, but rebellious - they didn't know what to do with her. She spent all her time fooling around in school and traipsing about Hong Kong looking at the night sky with other amateur astronomers, much to the chagrin of her guardians, who viewed that as a pointless hobby.

Then, surprising everyone (including herself), she won a scholarship to study astrophysics at a local university. Far from being useless, it had become her ticket out. Juno threw herself into her studies, topping out her classes and garnering accolades even as an undergraduate. A few short years and an advanced degree later, Juno was working for the UN and assigned to the Orbital Defense Platform as a scientist - after all, someone has to monitor the weapons tests and adjust the various weapons systems to work in zero gravity.

[edited cause apparently I forgot to preview [face_blush]]

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    APPROVED!

Name: Nadia Heron
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Education: Cambridge University. Phd in Mechanical Engineering, Masters in Electronic Engineering, Minors in Software & Astronomical Engineering.
    Personality: Shy and withdrawn, Nadia has spent most of her life in labs and other studies. She does not know how to deal with most people, but is very friendly to those who take the time to get to know her. She has a bit of an obsession with the technical aspects of the space station.
    Military Skills: None as she is not military trained. She does know how to use pistols, however, from training her father gave her when she was a teenager.
    Special Skills: Nadia is an expert in the field of electrics, electronics, and technology. Her focus in getting her phd was nanotechnology as well as its influence upon field of robotics. As a master of electronics and software, she is an experienced hacker.
    Short Bio: Born April 23rd, 1987 to Michael and Catherine Heron, she was a military brat growing up. Her father was a member of the RAF which resulted in one of the more unstable lives a child can have. Constantly moving in order to keep up with her father's transfers, Nadia never had time to gain friends growing up. With no where to turn to for stability, Nadia began to turn to her schoolwork.

It was here that she began to develop an interest in technology and computers. Via the internet and computers she was able to make friends, hold contacts, and develop something of a social life, albeit only in a virtual sense. In person she was still quite shy. Her interest in science and technology would lead her to the University of Cambridge where the interests of her youth provided her with the determination and intelligence to pursue a daunting degree program. Still unable to deal with many in public, she focused nearly entirely on her work, graduating with several honors. When it was all over, she had to once again say goodbye to the only stable location she'd ever stayed in.

Her expertise allowed her to gain quick government work, specifically devoted to Britain's involvement in the the ODP's development. She is an expert with the mechanics and operations of the facility and is one of the main technical engineers aboard the station.

4. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Approved!

Name: Wesley Anderton (M.D)
    Country of Origin: Australia
    Education: (why are you on a space station?) Degree in Biochemistry (4 years) Masters in Microbiology (1 year) Medical school/general surgery residency followed by surgical critical care trauma fellowship (5 years)
    Personality: Wesley has almost a ying-yang type personality. On one side, He enjoys a good joke and try?s to retain a good sense of humour. At times he even appears whimsical, telling anecdotes and regaling his colleagues with stories as he works. He is also supportive of his colleagues and will gladly listen to problems and try to help. On the other, he is a dedicated and serious doctor, who in an emergency situation relies on his intelligence, focus, precision and patience instilled in him during his medical education.
    Military Skills: None. However he has been trained to function effectively in zero-gravity
    Special Skills: Emergency surgery, Medical knowledge/patient care
    Short Bio: Wesley's father is the chief of medicine at a prestigious private hospital in the heart of Sydney. Coming from a well off family with a long history of medical professionals, it was inevitable that Wesley would continue this tradition.

Entering university at 18, he spend almost 10 years in education in order to become a surgeon. Once qualified, His father wanted him to take up a post at his hospital, however, Wesley didn't want to help just the privileged and against his wishes he instead started working at a small community hospital, as well as volunteering at free-clinics and travelling to remoter areas in order to administer care. His father cut him off financially and his demeanour towards his son became cold and cynical. Wesley did not let this effect him however and continued to hone his skills, quickly becoming a respected young surgeon in the field.

After three years at his base hospital, he was approached by his chief of medicine and a few members of the hospital board. It was then he was informed about Australia?s forthcoming involvement in the ODP. Representatives from the ODP had been approaching the local hospitals looking to recruit skilled medical professionals to join the team. He was encouraged to apply for a position on the crew. After . Armed with exceptional references and an impressive resume, he got the job.

His primary job is monitor the health of the crew and provide both general and emergency care to those who need it.

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    GM Note: I'm very excited to say that only three more characters will be accepted! Get those CSes in if you're interested!

6. ThreadOfFate

ThreadOfFate Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2009
    GM Approved!

[blockquote][b]Name:[/b] Russell (Rus) Wood
    [b]Age:[/b] 34
    [b]Gender:[/b] Male
    [b]Country of Origin:[/b] United States of America
    [b]Education:[/b] [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Combat_Command]Major Air Combat Command[/link], [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Systems_Officer]Weapon Systems Officer[/link]
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    Russell Wood is a man who keeps all his emotions and urges in check, and always brings the needs of others before his. This is one of the many reasons of his rise in rank in the US Air Force, and it is the one he is most known for. On the outside, he would be willing to go through enemy territory, through the dangerous deserts, through long forgotten caverns, fearing no man that may confront him. From confronting the opposing leader and his whole personal guards to facing the most skilled marksman. Death is not an obstacle, it is a goal, a destination everyone must strive for, something that you must accept and embrace before truly relishing the thrill and the excitement that comes from laughing in the face of death.

The Russell today is drastically changed from how he acted as a young man. The customary jokes and casual flirting is replaced by something more serious, but he still manages to act like his old self at times, the moments are becoming rarer and rarer however. He carries delusions that he is just as he was before, but there is moments where he realizes that everything has changed, and he can grow moody. He hates the feeling of being told that comes over him at those times.

Despite having changed, he is still the happy-go-lucky guy that used to joke around with his fellow pilots, he just is careful to keep his mind on the rest of the galaxy at the same time. He finds the duties that come with the rank of Major taxing when it comes to the secrets, but when it comes down to it, he feels that position gives him more freedom than if he?d been a Soldier, and he, above all, enjoys the little freedom he has.

However, Russell has a different side to him, the side he shows when not in battle. His human side, the side his fellow soldiers resent and admire him for, and what the lower ranks always envision as the personality quirk everyone needs to get ahead in life. Because, without this quirk, Russell might still be a Private. He is very competitive, seeing anyone and anything as a challenge, a competition where Russell's sole goal was to catch up to and overcome that challenge. This gives him the appearance of a jerk that is not afraid to upstage even his closest friends. It is simply a personality flaw, but it helped him fly through the ranks, from Private to Major, his current rank within the US Air Force.
    [b]Military Skills:[/b] Centrifuge Training; Parachuting Water Survival; Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE); Basic Fighter Maneuvers (BFM); Marksmanship;
    [b]Special Skills:[/b] Tactical Training, Aerial Warfare, Space Warfare
    [b]Short Bio:[/b]
    Russell was an active child, taking a liking to physical activities at a young age, but what interested him even more than that was flying. He spent hours in his room during his spare time watching movies and shows of races, battles, anything that involved pilots and ships. This became a sort of ?healthy? obsession for Russell, giving him something to keep his mind off of the more frequent and longer periods of time in which his father was gone. Russell?s education was phenomenal, inspired by his father, he had tried his best to become the man his father wanted him to become. Passing all classes, excelling as an athlete, things had been looking up? that is, until Tyber fell into the wrong crowd. A couple of his peers had formed a small group, with him included in it, and participated in various? delinquencies.

Russell?s father, due to being absent from his home over long periods of time, had no idea of what his son was doing, and his mother just ignored what was going on around Russell. Defacing property, breaking curfew, underage drinking, the list went on. Russell, most likel

7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Only two slots remain! If you're interested, please send in those CSes!

8. bundjakub23132

bundjakub23132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2010
    GM Approved!

-Name: Dr. Tomas Ljungberg (PhD & PsyD)
    -Country of Origin: Sweden
    -Education: Stockholm University:
    -PhD in Psychology
    -Bachelor's in Social Anthropology
    Harvard University:
    -PsyD in Psychology
    -Bachelor's in Social Anthropology

-Personality: Tomas is a lighthearted man, who enjoys laughter when he can
    take it. This disposition doesn't affect his ability to hunker down and get
    his work done. He is confident in himself to the point of hubris, and will
    often get himself into situations that he can't worm his way out of. His
    self-esteem is almost invulnerable, due to his confidence in his ability to
    crush yours without even trying.

Despite having an ego impervious to bruising, Tomas enjoys inflating it more
    and more. Tomas rarely takes responsibility for any occurrence that doesn't
    benefit him, and gloats extensively when he does receive credit.

Tomas' exterior is somewhat eccentric, but he is really not all fun, games,
    and hot air. If anything happens that has a negative affect on someone he
    cares about, Tomas goes out of his way to connect one of his own actions to
    the event and assumes full responsibility for the other person's woes. This
    leads him dangerously close to a psychotic break every time he enters this
    state of mind, and also contributes to his increasing alcoholism. His flashy
    behavior also hides severe emotional imbalances that he has tried to correct
    himself by instituting a rigid morale code that he tries to obey to the
    letter.

-Military Skills: Tomas has received no official military training, but has
    experience with Muay Thai, Taekwondo, and Capoeira

-Special Skills: Due to his academic background, Tomas can read people like
    books and play their emotions like instruments. He can immediately target
    the weak links in a "pack," and will relay that information to the "alpha."
    Tomas is good at noticing things as well, and has an almost perfect recall
    memory, although this is being affected severely by his alcoholism. Tomas
    can also serve as a translator, being fluent in Swedish, English, Romanian,
    Japanese, and Portuguese.

-Short Bio: Tomas was born outside Stockholm, Sweden in the town of Rävviken
    in the city of Lidingö to Johannes and Maria Ljungberg. Tomas enjoyed a
    quiet lifestyle through most of his childhood, spending time in school and
    on sports teams. After assuming responsibility for an injury to a teammate
    and friend, Tomas quit his sports teams and devoted his life to his studies.
    His parents noticed some severe emotional changes, and placed him in
    therapy. There, he bonded with his therapist and was intrigued by her
    knowledge of his mind and how it worked. It was then he decided he wanted to
    become a psychologist.

As he grew, Tomas slowly began to take his dream seriously, applying himself
    to his studies so much so he was given his high school diploma at the age of
    16, and received a psychology scholarship to Stockholm University the same
    year. By the age of 20, Tomas had received his PhD in psychology, and
    exceeded his professors' expectations by clinching a Bachelor's in Social
    Anthropology on the side. He was at his peak of euphoria, until his parents
    were killed when a train stuck their car. Tomas was devastated. He turned
    unwillingly to one of his friends for solace, and this friend turned him to
    alcohol. After a short bout with addiction, Tomas scraped together what
    little money he had and moved to America.

In America, Harvard University came close to rejecting him at first, but
    eventually accepted him to their psychology department when he applied to
    study for his PsyD. By the time he was 24, Tomas had received his PsyD and
    another Bachelor's in Social Anthropology.

After hearing of his talents, the UN contacted him with the request of
    serving as the mental health professional in an international venture to
    keep the world safe from nuclear war, called "Project ODP." Tomas accepted,
    and was whisked away to a secure location to begin briefing. Duri

9. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Name: Marittonette Skyler
    Appearance: Wispy blondish white hair, bright blue eyes, short, longish neck, heart shaped head.
    Country of Origin: United States of America
    Education: Harvard University
    Personality: Motherly, wise, easy going, suppresses sadness
    Military Skills: None, but her brother taught her to hunt and even took her on police jobs
    Special Skills: Very wise, she knows mostly everything needed to know, she is especially good in math and science, and can named all the planets in three seconds.
    Short Bio: Marittonette Skyler, nicknamed Mary, was born in Augusta, Maine to Margaret Louise Skyler and Charlie Skyler. She went to elementary school and did so well she was bumped upward and into high school at an early age. She was tormented as a child, taunted at being smaller than everyone. She left high school at sixteen, getting a scholarship to Harvard University. While there she met a handsome young fellow who she fell in love with. Unbeknownst to her that he was the son of one of the one of the richest men in the world, his name Davis Trenton.

They wed after they both graduated, having a child one year into their marriage. It was a boy, to her husband?s joy, and he took his son everywhere. When their son turned two years old, an enemy of Davis?s father mistakenly took Davis?s car as his fathers, and caused it to wreck. Marittonette pulled herself and her son from the wreckage, her husband dying in the wreck, her son dying in the hospital the very night. To recover from the horrible nightmare, she moved back to Maine and studied to become a lawyer. She became a famous lawyer, following different jobs to, some being a mathematician and others scientific. She always had an interest to go to space, to get away. She approached years later to come to space, and her dreams had come true. She realized she was going to help do something never to have been done before, and she was told she was going on the ship not only to help with logical studies but to provide the crew with a layer of comfort, as she had a hole to fill for her son?s death.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Thank you all for your patience; I ask that you wait only one week longer until the game starts!

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Thank you all for your patience.

November 13th, 2018

As the station's night cycle rounded the halfway point, the central computer ran through the list of wake-up calls.

Marritonette Skyler.

Dr. Thomas Ljungberg.

Major Russell Wood.

Dr. Wesley Anderton.

Nadia Heron.

Junova Xing.

Warrant Officer John Smith.

Dr. Marcus Ulls.

Dr. Gregory Levyafansko.

The central computer noticed something amiss in the regular checks of the night, corrected the instruments accordingly, and then continued performing admirably and flawlessly.

But something had changed.

dreams have always been an odd thing

sometimes dreams tell us the future

the past

sometimes they mean nothing at all

sometimes they mean more than we can know

One by one, the crew awoke in a room.

There was one light in the centre of the room, suspended and swinging eerily across their faces. One by one, they tried to move - but couldn't. Eyes flicked about, searching for the answer - they felt it before they saw it - restraints, tying them down to...operating tables?

They could see one another, all encircling the swaying light. No walls were visible, no ceiling, but the vague hint of a floor existed as the light swayed.

In the centre stood....nothing. Then something.

A person.

He wore a lab coat - nothing out of the ordinary for a doctor - but it was the stance, the smile on his face, the blood on his gloved hands...

"So glad you could join me. I was beginning to worry." The smile grew. "I was just about to begin the next phase of our little thought experiment."

He laughed, a warm, happy, glad laugh, as he picked up a pair of pliers and examined them under the light.

"Well, that's misleading. There's a more...visceral aspect to it too."

He was examining a hacksaw now. Now a scalpel.

"Remember that little surgery from earlier?"

He produced a remote from nowhere - but it was just a dream! Wasn't it? - and pressed a button.

Each crew member felt, simultaneously, each and every nerve of their body light up with flame.

"I really do wish I could spend a bit more time one-on-one with you all."

pain everywhere

"I can leave you with one final thought now."

eyes watering muscles gripped by spasms

"A good thought, too. Pay attention."

teeth clenched

"Sometimes - while experiencing acts of violence, human victims would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not wake up."

pain

"In this world, the victim existed exactly as they did in reality, except they weren't being hurt. Tortured. Killed."

pain

"The only clue this wasn't real was a note they could find in their fantasy world that said 'WAKE UP'."

PAIN

"It would tell them of their condition, and that they had to WAKE UP."

PAIN

"Even then, it would take them months to discard their fantasy world WAKE UP."

PLEASE WAKE UP

"-it is now 0600 hours on the thirteenth of November, 2018. Good morning! Please wake up! It is now..."

The bunk.

Safe.

Clean.

Bright.

Welcoming.

One by one the crew awoke with a start.

Whatever thoughts ran through their minds, they eventually made their way down to the mess for breakfast.

But the memory of the dream was still there.

[b]Tag: All players[/b]

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Dr. Wesley Anderton
    Orbital Defence Platform - Bunkroom / Mess

Wesley Anderton?s eyes snapped open and in a tangle of bed covers he instinctively scrambled into a seated position in his bunk. His breathing was heavy and beads of cold sweat had formed on his brow and matted his dirty blonde hair. Bleary hazel eyes glanced around the room. It looked normal, as it had done since the first day he started life on this station. Same walls, same lighting same familiar fixtures and fittings. It was nothing like it was in that dream

That dream

Never before had he experienced a dream that vivid. He was a doctor, he knew how dreams occurred. REM sleep, rapid eye movement. But the sensations and emotions he experienced within the dream had become almost palpable. Exactly why he had experienced such a severe nightmare he wasn?t certain. One thing was for certain though, it was very very disturbing. Blowing out a shallow breath, he reached up and scrubbed his hands over his face, rubbing the remaining sleep from his eyes before standing up and starting to get ready for the day ahead. The vividness of the nightmare however, stayed at the forefront of his mind and he felt kind of sluggish as he moved around. In the washroom he proceeded to splash his face with freezing cold water, which did manage to jolt him into feeling a little more alert.

Grabbing his lab coat and ID as he exited the room quietly as to not disturb his colleagues, he threw them on and started making his way towards the mess, the tak-tak of his footsteps echoing slightly down the corridor as he walked. Making it too the mess, he wandered over to the countertop and started fixing himself some coffee. Usually he wouldn?t go near the stuff, but he needed pepping up. Loading it with artificial sweetener to take the bitter edge off, he took a seat at a table by a view port, staring out into the stars and looking at the earth.

?Y'know this place might be hundreds of thousands of miles away from the nearest 7-11, but it comes with a hell of a view"

He thought to himself as he stirred his coffee, looking deep in thought

TAG: Any

13. bundjakub23132

Mar 7, 2010
    IC: Dr. Tomas Ljungberg
    NASA ODP - Bunkroom & Mess

Tomas shouted uncontrollably as he thrust himself out of that horrid nightmare he had been trapped in. Sitting up in bed, he rubbed his eyes and checked that he hadn't woken up any of his colleagues. He hadn't. Sniffing loudly, Tomas stood up and began to scrounge around for some clothes. Dressing clumsily and using the small lavatory inside the bunkroom, Tomas soon found himself staring uncontrollably into the mirror. He looked a horrid sight, and the night's poor sleep hadn't done him any favors. He rubbed his scruffy beard, and shaved it off. He was much more handsome when clean-shaven. Looking suspiciously at the others, Tomas reached into his hiding place. That dream had been too vivid. He needed a shot or two. Withdrawing his hidden stock of Absolut vodka, Tomas took three quick swigs before stowing it away again and rinsing his mouth with ACT mouthwash. Picking up his ID card, he left the bunkroom, ducking his two-meter frame under the door.

I'm hungry, he thought.

Loping down to the mess, Tomas again marveled at the shear engineering genius of the Orbital Defense Platform. This was soon lost as his mid wandered back to the dream. What part of his psyche could have invented such a horror? Quickly, he shook his head to clear it. I will not psychoanalyze myself again, Tomas said firmly. The last time he had done so, he had woken up in a stranger's house somewhere outside Harvard campus with a heavy hangover.

Turning to his left, Tomas entered the mess. It was relatively empty, save a few maintenance crew members and one of Tomas' fellow bunkmates. Tomas recognized the man, who was staring out the porthole while stirring his coffee, as Wesley Anderton, a surgeon from Australia. Am I the only one from Europe, Tomas asked himself. Though he spoke English, Tomas found himself quite outside the rest of his colleagues in mixed company. He felt uncomfortable knowing each of them more than they knew him, although he had rarely spoken to any of them. That was the risk a psychologist must face when meeting new people. Tomas smiled; Anderton had been a tricky nut to crack, but now that he was figured out, Tomas felt confident in engaging him. Now, Anderton was looking deeply out the porthole at the planet Earth spinning beneath them. He looked a bit shaken, hence the coffee; Anderton had previously avoided the peppy drink. The only culprit could have been a rough night.

Gathering a small breakfast of toast, coffee, and an apple, Tomas took his tray and shuffled over to Anderton's table and sat down heavily across from him, making as much noise as possible so Anderton would notice. After a few noisy bites of apple, and a few crunches of toast, Tomas slurped down some coffee and said, "Hello," in his deep, lightly accented voice. Waiting a moment, Tomas continued with, "Rough night?" He looked at Anderton and eagerly awaited a reply.

TAG: Jedi_padowan_leigh & others

14. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Marritonette Skyler
    Orbital Defense Platform

Pain!

The doctor. Blood gloves. The creepy speech.

The others. Chained. Tied down. Crying. Frightened.

PAIN!

?Please wake up! It is no 0600 hours on the thirteenth of November, 2018. Good morning! Please wake up! It is now-?

Waking up, Mary opened her eyes. She was drenched a chilling sweat, and uncomfortably rose as she stretched her arms up. The voice came over. She sighed softly as she heard the words repeating itself. She sighed again, then started to walk downstairs, taking her ID at the fact. As she came down, she noticed Dr. Wesley Anderson getting a cup of coffee. She was so thirsty.

Taking a small cup, she noticed he was speaking.

?Y?know this place might be hundreds of thousands of miles away from the nearest 7-11, but it comes with a hell of a view,? he murmured as he stared out the view port. Mary gazed out, the sweat started to go away. She grew more comfortable, more relaxed as she stared out.

?I agree. I always dreamed of coming to space. Ever since my husband and son died, I have become more and more attached to space,? Mary said softly, smiling at the doctor. Her stomach rumbled slightly, but for the moment, it could wait. She didn?t notice the other man until he sat down. She gave him a smile also.

TAG: All

15. bundjakub23132

Mar 7, 2010
    NASA ODP - Mess

Dr. Anderton was quiet silent, so Tomas fell silent as well. Soon, a woman Tomas remembered as Marritonette Skyler sat down with them. She barely seemed to notice him at first, so intense was her focus on Anderton. That was quite simplistic, Tomas said to himself, but, I guess as much is expected from a lawyer. Skyler was always noticeably troubled, possibly by some sort of loss. Tomas almost felt a twang of sympathy, due to the loss of his parents, but he soon got over it.

"I agree. I always dreamed of coming to space. Ever since my husband and son died, I have become more and more attached to space," Skyler said to Anderton, apparently in response to something Anderton had said that had slipped Tomas' attention.

So it is a loss, Tomas thought. He was always right about these things. When Anderton remained silent again, Skyler finally seemed to notice the enormous Swede seated next to her. She turned to Tomas and gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry about your family," Tomas said. His voice was very deep in comparison to hers. He heard her stomach issue a small rumble. He held up an untouched piece of toast. "Want some?" he asked.

TAG: spycoder9, Jedi_padowan_leigh, others

16. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Wesley Anderton
    Orbital Defence Platform - Mess

Wesley was brought out of his daydreaming at the sound of someone flopping down in the chair across from him. Pulling his attention away from the planet below, his hazel eyes settled on the tall figure that was Dr. Tomas Ljungberg. After sampling some of his breakfast, he greeted him with a hello, and Wesley responded with an acknowledging nod. From one doctor too another, Wesley respected his work in the field of Psychology. Yet the good doctor always seemed to be, how could he put it...keeping himself at arms length and had not really interacted with the other members of the team until recently. After a moment he continued

"Rough night?"

Wesley nodded and cradled his cup of caffeine and sugar, chuckling softly

"You noticed huh? Yeah, you could say that. Gotta stop reading Steven King before I go to sleep I reckon. His stuff is pretty trippy. How are you today?"

He added before taking a small sip of his drink. It was then that he noticed another member of the team had made it too the mess, Marittonette Skyler. He had been so preoccupied staring into space (literally) that he hadn't registered her arrival. Mary was a great lady, very motherly and often the giver of sage advice to the other members of the crew. She approached the porthole

?I agree. I always dreamed of coming to space. Ever since my husband and son died, I have become more and more attached to space,?

Wesley then noticed she was addressing him. Had he been thinking out loud again? Probably. He sometimes did that. He turned to the woman and flashed her a small grin

"Oh, sorry Mary! Kinda zoned out there. Everything good?"

TAG: Spycoder, bunjakub, any

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Marritonette Skyler
    Mess Area

Mary turned to the man beside her again. He gazed into her eyes, giving her a smile. ? I?m sorry about your family,? he murmured. ?It is okay. After so many years, I have decided that both my honeys are resting in heaven. One day I will be up there will them, and I will be with them, comforting them. But I have dealt all grief away,? she offered another smile, but this time it was larger.

?Want some?? he asked her, pointing to the toast. She nodded, taking a piece. It tasted yummy, but different for some reason. It didn?t taste different, she realized, it was just the fact that she was eating in a different atmosphere. The young men sitting beside her were both very kind, but the older one had not answered her response. Then he did.

?Oh sorry Mary. Kinda zoned out there. Everything good?? he asked her.

?Everything is fine. Did you?um?have a dream last night?? she asked cautiously. She didn?t want to look crazy here.

18. ThreadOfFate

Dec 26, 2009
    Russel Wood
    NASA, ODP - The Mess Hall

Jerking out of his bed, he hit his head against the wall. [i]Oww- Go'-dammit![/i]. Standing at 6'- or higher- he was not one to check his hieght, but Rus was always hitting his head in bed. He slept out of the covers, which made him to close to the walls. When he first arrived on the station, he was given a room with very small quarters. It was almost impossible for him to move around in there. Recalling the events of his dream- he grabbed for his gun immediatly when he heard noises outside of the door- tak-tak. Running to the door, he used his foot to open the door. His arms snapped down pointing at nothingness. Looking down the halls, he saw someone walking away. Feeling foolsih, he put the gun down and closed the door. Then he realized something. A noise- a very annoying noise- was blarring. Turning to his side he saw the alarm. Clicking the off button, he sigh. Sittin gon his bed, he ran his fingers through his short hair. Russell kept his hair slightly longer than regulation, and kept bit of a beard. His hands ended up on the back of his neck. Placing his gun on the nightstand, he got to his feet once again.

After a thorough teeth brushing, his face washed, and his hair slightly put to the side, he was ready. Putting on his uniform, consisting of a white sleeveless shirt, a green zipped jacket with the letters [b]"US Air Force"[/b] clearly shown, a darker shade of green for his pants, then military grade boots, to top it off was his ID. Inside the jacket was his holstered gun. His superiors back on earth insisted he always have two guns on him and a few clips. Rus never liked to carry too many weapons, it gave off the wrong impression.

Russel locked the door behind him and made his way toward the mess hall. He passed several people, mostly janitors or another scientist. Rus did feel out of place, there being no other military presence that he knew of. Stretching his arms out as he entered the large eating area. At the counter, he picked up small tray. Grabbing a blue berry muffin, a few strips of bacon, a moderate pile of eggs, some hash brown, two glasses of orange juice, and a cup of coffee. This was his usual diet at the base back on earth. It was crucial to keep up his strength, and part of it came from a good diet.

With his tray he walked around the crowded room until he found a seat. He really didn't care what people thought of him. If there was an empty seat, thats what he took. Russel was there to eat- nothing more. As he passed the people he was sitting next to he heard- [i]"Did you?um?have a dream last night??[/i]

Suddenly this turned into something else. Hurrying to take his seat, he started eating- but listening intently to what these people had to saw.

[i]'I wonder..if..'[/i]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] All

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    November 13th, 2018, 0630 hours

Warrant Officer John Smith was in excellent shape considering his age - pushing fifty, he managed to somehow hold of the gray and the arthritis that plagued his family. His jaw was strong and stubbly and his dark hair hid the Scandinavian heritage his genes could not. Smith's family had come to the States almost six generations ago. He sat eating and checking his watch as Dr. Gregory Levyafansko took his usual seat at his side.

"Morning, Greg."

Levyanfansko grimaced playfully. No one called him Greg. "Morning, John." His voice carried the slightest hint of Slavic origins, hidden behind years of British education. "Good sleep?"

Smith frowned, remembering the dream. "Not the best. Yourself?"

"It was all right."

Smith looked at Levyafansko as the man bit into a bagel. Somehow he didn't quite believe that. "You see Marcus at the showers?"

The doctor swallowed a mouthful of coffee. "Dr. Ulls? No, I think he's catching a few extra winks."

Smith sighed. "Third time this week. If there's one thing that man loves, it's his sleep."

Levyafansko laughed.

Smith bit into an apple. "I hate waking him up. You know he resents me for it."

Levyafansko shook his head with a grin. "You like it. You could always delegate, today. Ms. Xing still up there?"

"Juno?" Smith looked around, caught sight of her. "Nope. Down here already. I'll find someone."

He stood up and wandered over to Russel Wood. "Mornin'. You mind grabbin' Marcus from bunks up top? I gotta get briefings done for the day."

Tag: ThreadOfFate, others

20. ThreadOfFate

Dec 26, 2009
    Russel Wood
    NASA, ODP - The Mess Hall

After finishing his routine breakfast, he drank down his juice like shots. Siping his coffee, he tried listening in on the conversation about a dream. Was it possible someone else had the same dream as him. Russel had no one to talk to about it, but these people had the same shocked faces. Rus was good at hiding it, but it clearly showed he had something on his mind. The coffee was good, better than what he bought back down on earth- sadly. Usually he didn't drink coffee, there was simply no time. It was breakfast, morning drills- lunch, flight run- dinner, free time. Like the military, the Air Force was just as thorough. Rus fit right in, liking this neat and organized. He liked to get things done quick so he would not have to dwell on it. His parents taught him this at a very young age, it stuck with his throughout his life.

When Russel turned to his side, a man was there- then asked: [i]"Mornin'. You mind grabbin' Marcus from bunks up top? I gotta get briefings done for the day."[/i]

Oddly, Rus just nodded. Normally he would ask who he was, what he was doing here, and why he wanted him to do whatever he was asking. Situations were different. He was in bloddy space, a part of something that would be remembered for the rest of time. Russel was feeling quiet proud. [b]"No- sure, I'll do it. I was done here anyways."[/b]

Russel got to his feet, walked to end of the table a yard away. He threw away his garbage left over, and placed the tray on top of the trash can where the rest were. Turning back to the man, he read his name tag, and looked at his face agian. [b]"I'll bring him to the briefing room, then?"[/b]

He continued to sip on his cup of coffee, starting to walk toward the door out of the mess hall.
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] Penguin

21. bundjakub23132

Mar 7, 2010
    NASA ODP - Mess

"Did you?um?have a dream last night?"

Skyler's question caught Tomas' attention. The way she said it was that of someone who was scared, someone who was emotionally scarred. A type of scarring beyond that of a loss or losing a job or something like that. One of those things that you see and can't un-see, despite how horrible it is. Tomas immediately thought of what he had dreamed of last night.

----------------------------~~~~~~----------------------------

There was one light in the centre of the room, suspended and swinging eerily across his face. frantically, he tried to move - but couldn't. His eyes flicked about, searching for the answer - he felt it before he saw it - restraints, tying him down to...an operating table?
    He could see all the others, all encircling the swaying light. No walls were visible, no ceiling, but the vague hint of a floor existed as the light swayed.
    In the centre stood....nothing. Then something.
    A person.
    He wore a lab coat - nothing out of the ordinary for a doctor - but it was the stance, the smile on his face, the blood on his gloved hands...
    "So glad you could join me. I was beginning to worry." The smile grew. "I was just about to begin the next phase of our little thought experiment."
    He laughed, a warm, happy, glad laugh, as he picked up a pair of pliers and examined them under the light.
    "Well, that's misleading. There's a more...visceral aspect to it too."
    He was examining a hacksaw now. Now a scalpel.
    "Remember that little surgery from earlier?"
    He produced a remote from nowhere - but it was just a dream! Wasn't it? - and pressed a button.
    Tomas felt, instantaneously, each and every nerve of his body light up with flame.
    "I really do wish I could spend a bit more time one-on-one with you all."

----------------------------~~~~~~----------------------------

Tomas thought hard. That was definitely something that could cause severe emotional turmoil. Did she...no, he thought, that would be absurd. Dreams are manifestations of the mind's inner turmoil as understood by the subconscious. The chances of two people having the exact same dream are so slim they may not even exist.

Still, the world was a crazy place. Tomas decided the chance was worth taking.

"Yes," he said, turning to Skyler, "I did." He immediately put on a mask of similar gravity to Skyler's and began decoding Skyler's emotions as they flashed behind her eyes. He would find out what type of dream the lawyer had experienced last night, even if she didn't tell him directly.

TAG: spycoder9, Penguinator, others

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    In Character: Marritonette Skyler
    Mess Hall

Her eyes were focused on Mr. Anderton, but when the other man spoke, she quickly at him. Her eyes looked on him, trying to hide all thoughts. But they came out like a flood of water. The car wreck had been vicious. Violent. Like a nightmare come alive. Like the dream last night. Like her life had been. The secret nights of her parents, the murders, the accusations, so many secrets. And the last one, the nightmare. In this man?s eyes showed he was thinking, remembering.

?Did you dream of? all of us trapped in a strange room, If you didn?t, please don?t accuse me of being crazy,? Mary said, gazing into his eyes. So many things had happened in her life, but she would make it. She was strong. And she remembered the girl she had met, Andrea, who was living in New York. Married. Three Children. Happy.

Mary decided she should shove all thoughts away accept these men and the dream.

23. bundjakub23132

Mar 7, 2010
    NASA ODP - Mess

"Did you dream of? all of us trapped in a strange room, If you didn?t, please don?t accuse me of being crazy," Skyler said. She returned Tomas' gaze, and he was hit with jumbled messages. Pain, anger, sadness, longing, and finally an overwhelming feeling of hope.

"I don't think that you are crazy," Tomas said kindly, "and put trust in me, because I know crazy." He hoped his little jest would make her smile. He liked when he made people smile.

All kidding aside, though, this was a phenomenon! Skyler had had the same dream as him. What a discovery for the psychological field! I'll be immortalized, Tomas thought. Now it was time to pry more.

"You know," Tomas continued, "I had a very similar dream last night. I was tied down to an oper-" his accent made him stumble over this word- "operating bench in a small room. The rest of the crew was there as well." He looked deeper into Skyler's mind, truing to see what else would disclose itself.

TAG: spycoder9, Penguin, others

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Nadia Heron
    Orbital Defense Platform - Bunk / Mess

Pain. Pain was all that went through Nadia's mind as her eyes flew open. The darkness around her actually comforted her as she realized she was not in that awful room. As she moved her arms she realized that she was not strapped to her bed. And finally, the sound of the automated alarm waking the entire crew for a day of work let her know that she was indeed in her bunk aboard the ODP. That was one heck of a creepy dream, she decided as she sat up. And she knew creepy. Ever since she'd been a child she had been rather interested in two things: Technology and the horror genre. And that dream was straight out of the first 18 rated movie she'd ever seen in theaters, Saw. She had been too young to see it in her native country, but her father had some business in the US and she tagged along. It was good, not the mind blowing experience people on the web had painted it to be, though. However, that dream brought the movie to mind in a most unnerving sense.

As she showered the thought entered her mind that the whole station was like something out of a sci-fi horror movie. Perhaps any day now the computer would become sentient and they'd spend the rest of their lives computing Pi. Or they'd find a mysterious pod that would erupt into a strange creature that would lay an egg inside them. Or perhaps one of them would go insane and begin systematically killing the others off. The idea of anyone on the station going insane made her chuckle. Still, the realness, the authenticity of the feelings in the dream made her shudder even after having a good laugh at her situation. No, how could anyone go insane with the beautiful scenery outside and all this wonderful technology surrounding them?

After dressing in her normal engineering uniform, Nadia began to make her way to the mess. Her clothes were nothing too flashy, just some assigned gear with the ODP patch stitched all over them. They were static resistant and made working with the technology far easier. Just simple, normal, plain work clothes. She had her hair tied in a bun behind her head so as to reduce it getting in her face, a stray strand or three from her bangs coming down in front of one eye. She never could get it all back, and they annoyed her.

As she entered the room she passed Russel Wood, who appeared to be leaving the room. She gave a short nod of greeting before moving to grab a banana nut muffin and some milk. Not the best of breakfasts, but it would tide her over until lunch. Growing up she was more of a night owl, never really being awake for breakfast. As such, she never developed a favorite food or meal for that time of day. As she sat down she noticed several others had already made their way into the mess. Some were just casually talking, while another group seemed deep in thought. It didn't concern her. She would be too awkward to enter any already going conversation anyway.

TAG: Anyone

25. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Marritonette Skyler
    Mess Hall

Mary heard Tomas beside her. And it frightened her. He had dreamed the same dream as her. Had the others? She suddenly realized that maybe something was wrong, that the dream could be a vision perhaps, of a generated fear. ?Do you think that it was a vision?? Mary asked the man. Then she laughed at her sudden fear and calmed herself. But up here in space, worries came alive.

She noticed the woman that came in.

Nadia Heron.

?Hello,? she said politely.

TAG: ALL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.