main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No sequel to Jedi Power Battles?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by whostheBossk, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Despite all the glitches, I still had a lot of fun with JPB. Especially with my brother-in-law in 2 player mode.

Tackling the TF ship as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon was great, but the best thing was teaming up to beat up Maul on the final level.

I'd love some kind of sequel in the future, unlikely as that is. There's a lot of potential.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I actually thought Battles was the superior game by far.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    JPB is way better than TPM. TPM was still good, but it had a lot more problems than JPB did.

I think most people tend to overthink what JPB was. It wasn't intended to be some epic Star Wars game, it was just a fun kill-everything-with-your-lightsaber game. I like those kind, like Obi-Wan. They need to make sequels to them.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Plus Qui-Gon had a beautiful style of fighting in JPB.

To be honest though, my biggest re-make wish would be for Master of Teras Kasi. Much better graphics, a whole raft of Saga characters, and more responsive controls and it'd be a blast. It's still fun now just to put Luke vs Vader on, the lightsabre effects were really nice.

5. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Hello Everyone!

Jedi Power Battles is one of my favorite all-time games.

I've finished the game (maxed out) with all of the Jedi except for Mace and Plo Koon. I find it difficult to defeat Darth Maul on the final level with Plo. Anyone willing to share a strategy or some tips? Any help here would be hot.

I played the game on two-player with an old-school friend of mine, but my buddy just could not get through the jumping sequences on Coruscant, so everytime we would play this level we would fail. One night, when I was all alone, I said "Space This, Mother Jacker" and beat the level myself on the two-player mode. It was "super sweet!" :D Months later, my buddy and I finally defeated the game as Gui-Gon Jinn (me) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (him).

I would love to see a sequel. I think that the New Jedi Order saga is a goldmine for video game ideas, including a Rogue Squadron style game starring either Jaina or Jag and a Jedi Power Battles style game featuring Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, Anakin, Luke, Mara, Corran, Lowbacca, and Saba Sebatyne.

This game got panned by critics and SW fans alike. It's great to see that I am not alone in my fondness and appreciation of this "super-cool" game.

:)

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    ^ Seriously. The NJO is an untapped resource for games.

That would actually make an interesting JPB game, but it'd be too iffy for most people. Hack and slashing Yuuzhan Vong in that style of gameplay might not work.

Eh, whatever. I wouldn't complain.

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    And besides, fighting against the Vong, realisticly, would be nay impossible.

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Si, but it would be fun.

9. bobalink

bobalink Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2004
    I really really want a new JPB but I really dought that it is going to happen I remember that game as one of the best games I ever played but even so I think that the droid was the best I can't remember how I got him but he was the best.

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Punctuation is your friend. :)

11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    To HanSolOKniser3

I beat the game with everyone, it took awhile , but I did it. My suggestion is to go back to every level you did not max out or do well with Plo, and build up more points and more force or life energies. Also Use your new force power (lightning from Plo Koon!). You get this when you score more than 21,000 in level 2.

Use your L2 plus triangle to shoot the lightning!!!

Do this to Maul before he charges at you and then when he gets close just press square as much as possible, but stick to the force power of lightning, that was the only way I beat him with Plo.

12. HanSolOKniser3

Dec 10, 2003
    whostheBossk...

Thanks for the response. I'll give your strategy a try. I have Plo "maxed out" going into "The Final Battle", but my younger nephew and I were co-playing Plo throughout the game and he insisted on upgrading health instead of Force. Oh, well. Thanks again for responding.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For me it was the curiously lightsaber resistant droids that killed it. Basically, if you've got a lightsaber, it ought to feel like it but in this game the saber was akin to a baseball bat, just whack 'em as opposed to slicing through droids and other adversaries with a kick-ass sword.

JB

14. NotAVaderHater

NotAVaderHater Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2004
    Agree with Ben - I like the idea of wielding a lightsaber. I wish there was a game like Die By The Sword, where you swung your mouse around to swing the sword, but you did it with a lightsaber.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What I described above is at its worst when playing Mace, I mean you are running around with a saber with the line:

"Jedi Lightsaber...When you absolutely have to kill every <beeeeeeep> in the room, accept no substitute."

In your head, three droids come round the corner and are then kung fu blocking the blade!

JB

16. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    I loved JPB because it was so easy, I hope there's a sequal.

17. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I thought JPB was pretty okay and wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

18. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I loved JPB. Simply because two people could play the game at the same time. There aren't many Star Wars games that two players can play as a team, if there is and it's similiar to JPB, please let me know.

Yeah, I was hoping for a sequel, but it doesn't appears like there's gonna be one. If there was, I would have thought it would have been released shortly after AOTC.

19. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Jedi Power Battles is porably one of my favorite Star Wars games, peroiod. I would most definatly buy a sequel if one was made. I think it would be great if they made the sequel after episode three and included all the characters from all the movies!

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wouldn't that be great!!

You could pick any jedi known to us through the movies, and each level would have a Sith Lord at the end! You would pick which one since there only can be 2. Maul, Tyranus, Ventress , Komari Vosa from Bounty Hunter, and of course Vader and Palpatine.

Well, you must learn patience. Update this thread if any news comes out.

thanks

21. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Jedi Power Battles is porably one of my favorite Star Wars games, peroiod. I would most definatly buy a sequel if one was made. I think it would be great if they made the sequel after episode three and included all the characters from all the movies!

Ditto. I loved it. Especialy the two player mode. It was just so much fun.

However, I doubt we'll see a sequel. The game was considered to be awful by most reviewers. :(

22. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    It's great to see underrated games like Teras Kasi and JPB get some respect. I, too, thought these games were really fun despite their flaws. And I'd definitely buy new and improved versions of those games.

Agreed to those who gave kudos to Qui-Gonn in JPB. He had the coolest and most graceful fighting style.

EnriqueH

23. HanSolOKniser3

Dec 10, 2003
    AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

This game just froze up on me while I was about to fight Darth Maul for the last time, using Plo Koon!

I was going to beat it!

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

:(

:mad:

[face_sick]

Oh well...there is always next time.

[face_monkey]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.