main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Star Wars films show in the network television

Discussion in 'Archive: Hong Kong' started by messwalker, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messwalker

messwalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    When I was young, I remeber that ATV would air the classic Episode 4 at least once a year.... and that was my first time to see Star Wars in my life........ but when I returned to HK few years ago, I never see it show on either TVB or ATV, not to mention Episode 5 or 6.

Is that one of the reasons that less and less people have interest in Star Wars in HK?

2. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Dunno, but i reckon Asia needs some SW fans to SPREAD THE SW LOVE...*no i'm not on anything okay???*

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I think it's just that SW is not seen as a movie to be shown again and again and again and again aka Star Movies (one of the cable channel in Singapore) style. There may also be a higher cost to the distributor of the movies (20th Century Fox) so the TV channel doesn't see it as something worth to do.

Well, Singapore's TCS 5 (former SBC 5) had only shown the Original Trilogy twice each and Special Edition once (late last year) from what I remember in my lifetime but that doesn't mean SW isn't popular in Singapore. [face_plain]

4. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    I don't remember ever seeing the original trilogy on aussie tv until just before attack of the clones was released
    maybe the tv stations have just decided that they will make more money by just airing the movies when the hype and the buzz is at it's highest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.