main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No, there is another...Star Wars Movie: Epsiode 7: 2015

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Good idea!

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Do you think Harrison Ford will make an appearance?>

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd be shocked.

I hear Lawrence kasdan will write ep. 8. Cool!

4. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    I'm cautiously optimistic. On one hand, new directors? Anyone beats George at this point. On the other, I fear that they'll annihilate the EU. If they're based on the Thrawn Trilogy, then I'll be one happy camper. Daniel Craig for Thrawn, I say!

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I think the SW-Universe is ripe for re-imaginings. Marvel Comic Book fans are already familiar with the "Ultimate" treatments of their favorite characters and story lines. I personally enjoyed J.J. Abrams' take on Trek, although I can certainly see why die-hard fans of the...other...franchise could find fault with it. We've already been treated to a new Peter Parker, a new Superman, Four...wait...five(?) Batmen over the years. How many Bonds have been shaken-not-stirred these past decades? As far as I'm concerned, if they (whoever "they" are at this point?) give us a great story with great characters played by reasonably articulate actors, I'm a happy little fan boy. While I'm intrigued to see Harrison Ford, Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher reprise their roles again, if they're just going to be there for nostalgia's sake, then...meh...I can take it or leave it. As far as I'm concerned, canon went out the window with the Clone Wars anyway, so again, give me a great story with great characters...oh...yeah...and someone behind the camera that doesn't just cut & paste "direct" from the Editing Room in post production...that would be nice too...

FanForced likes this.
  6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    That's what I'm afraid of. I (and many others) have invested a lot of time with the EU; I've been following it since 4th grade. It would be a shame if it was all just rendered meaningless in regards to the Star Wars universe. DC Comics did exactly that with their New 52 line, and I refuse to buy any of their comics.

7. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    FanForced likes this.
  8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I've really enjoyed some parts of the EU, but have tended to view it as something separate from the movies. So it would make sense to me if they didn't restrict themselves to the EU framework.

I tend to suspect that all the rumors at this point are just hot air. I mean, do they have a writer for sure yet?

9. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
  10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, Michael Arndt is definitely the screenwriter. http://starwars.com/news/michael-arndt-to-write-screenplay-for-star-wars-episode-vii.html

And, I suspect that they will not be adapting any plotlines from the EU, but will, perhaps, be pulling characters from it. That means that there will probably be conflicts with the EU...it's a new, topsy-turvy world with regards to the EU and movies not being in conflict, I bet.

11. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I thought I heard somewhere that Lucas already had the main layout for the movie. Not sure how much involvement he had though now....

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I wouldn't be surprised. I believe the deal with Disney included story treatments for Ep 7, 8 and 9. He will stay on as creative consultant and will most likely have some if not as much involvement as he did on ESB and ROTJ. Maybe he'll step a little more than he was on those, but you know Lucas will always be very involved in SW as long as he's around.

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
  14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    These are all coming from the same site with no official comment, so I wouldn't count chickens just yet.

catz44 likes this.
  17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    here is an article that came out a bit ago...http://news.moviefone.com/2012/11/07/harrison-ford-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii_n_2087832.html

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow, I'm off FB for the day, and come back to find the internet has exploded. It's an interesting rumor with many articles... now we just have to wait to see if an official announcement pans out.

And it goes to show how much I haven't been keeping up - I didn't know they'd officially announced a writer. Last fall. :oops:

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm with you. I'll wait for an official announcement. Here's the original article, bolded by me:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/jj-abrams-set-direct-next-star-wars-film-exclusive-74596
    "J.J. Abrams will direct the next "Star Wars" film for Disney, taking stewardship of one of Hollywood's most iconic and lucrative film franchises, an individual with knowledge of the production told TheWrap.

Reached by TheWrap, Lynne Hale, spokeswoman for Lucasfilm, declined to comment immediately. Neither CAA, which represents Abrams, nor Bad Robot immediately responded to requests for comment."

Still sounds like rumor to me until it's confirmed. Although how fast it spread on the internets and is taken as gospel boggles the mind!

20. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Still a rumor until an official press release.

21. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I can't wait!

22. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    For the press release!

23. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    But rumors are still fun!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I hear that there will be official, official word next Thursday.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Is that official, or a rumor? :p

QueenHighMistress and FanForced like this.