main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No, there is another...Star Wars Movie: Epsiode 7: 2015

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Oct 30, 2012.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Ditto, here, dude. I think we're going to an early feature Saturday morning (cause we don't want our foster baby disturbing a very crowded theater) of Big Hero 6 to catch the trailer.

So stoked!

And, just to reemphasize, this is a spoiler free thread.

2. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Hi Colorado people, I'm from England and am on a road trip from Texas to South Dakota, currently in Vegas, I will hopefully be in Denver on Friday morning. It would be great to meet up with a group of fellow fans to see the trailer. It will have to be an early morning showing though as I have limited time before I need to get to South Dakota.

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Thanks for popping in, dude! Enjoy your time passing through the Centennial state. Hopefully you can find somebody to head to AMC Promenade 24 with ya.

4. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Thanks. I was hoping maybe a group of you would be going.

5. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    JT I am going to take Abby to see Big Hero 6 early Saturday morning. Should be fun, might see you guys there.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  6. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I kinda wanted to wait and see the new trailer in the theater... then I saw it was posted online and I couldn't help myself. How awesome though? I'm so in. Take my money.

nnaydolem, DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  7. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    So, I couldn't (& frankly didn't want to) wait for the theater, and ended up watching the teaser trailer for the first time with another life long fan on my phone. I later watched on tablets and flat screen with family, in total about 10 times yesterday. Very exciting stuff as I have been mostly avoiding a lot of the visual spoilers. Looks like it will be lot of fun come next December.

This is really a lot longer wait than when we got the first teases of Phantom Menace, but it sure is easier than waiting for the QuickTime file to download on a dial-up modem. :)

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    It's still so awesome to see the trailer in the theater. C'mon...new SW on the big screen? Yes, please!!

nnaydolem likes this.
  9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So I think all those artistic black screen cuts should not have counted towards the 88 seconds. [face_not_talking]

Actually, I was a little underwhelmed. I likely expected too much for a teaser trailer; it's suppose to tease, not have a lot. The shot of the falcon was awesome, to be sure.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    nnaydolem likes this.
  11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Has anyone picked up the Vanity Fair? I have two copies and i haven't had a chance to read it yet!

12. Darth_Thidiouth

Darth_Thidiouth Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2015
    We have a copy here in the house. My sons have yet to let me see it

nnaydolem likes this.
  13. Mara Ravenwood

Mara Ravenwood Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2015
    I picked up a copy of VF, flipped through it, didn't see any more pictures of Han Solo, put it back.

AuttyBot and Darth_Thidiouth like this.
  14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The Vanity Fair article was fantastic! The pictures edged out the copy for me, but I love reading about what JJ has to say. He sounds like a kid who got to camp out in the candy store.
    They've had the full articles, photos, and then some online at Vanity Fair: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover. They have the text, photos, a behind-the-scenes video shoot, and additional articles on "How Apple Inspired the Stormtroopers of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and "John Williams Says His New Star Wars Score Will Include the Original Themes."

StarWars.com also had a recent article that talked about Annie Liebovitz's photos and featured a photo of Andy Serkis and his character's name. http://www.starwars.com/news/capturing-a-galaxy-an-interview-with-annie-leibovitz-exclusive

It can be spoiler-ish depending on your level of staying spoiler free, so I won't mention any details here, but just leave those links there to click on for those who want to check it out. I'm a spoiler-free dude, so I consider these to be official releases like the trailer, so they're not spoilers or rumors.

Mara Ravenwood, the behind the scenes video has a certain scruffy looking nerfherder, so you may want to watch that.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i did see the serkis article yesterday. And i think that the apple-troopers are pretty awesome looking. I'll actually take a look and read it this weekend.

Speaking of my favorite captain good morning america had a bit on him this morning. he was out flying his helicopter...which was awesome to see. Everyone is basically saying what a bad@$$ Harrison Ford. all i can think is well DUH.

Darth_Thidiouth likes this.
  16. Darth_Thidiouth

May 25, 2015
    As a gigantic LOTR nerd, I was extra geeked out about the Serkis pics yesterday

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    did you call him my precious? ;)

18. Darth_Thidiouth

May 25, 2015
    He, um, asked me to stop. Or his attorney did. At least I think that's what the nice man said.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The latest...
    This video was released at San Diego Comic Con and highlights the real/practical effects and sets in the movie. I'm watching it more for the awesome teasers in it and how tantalizing close we are to revisiting that galaxy far, far away again. Though we won't get a new trailer until the Fall, this is fabulous to tide us over.

nnaydolem likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Who knew there was a South Korea Star Wars YouTube channel? The whole sci-fi community now...

They released the first TV commercial for the movie and it showed up in Seoul. ...okay.

But thanks to the interwebs, it's now available across the world for our viewing pleasure. Only one new shot in this one and its shows a sea of white with some black...if you know what I mean.

How can somebody not be excited for this movie?!?

22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm liking the slow trickle of officially released content... Even if it is coming from Korea.

Do you think those troops are mostly extras or mostly digital?

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

They mostly come out at night...mostly.

24. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    That wide shot of all the Imperials (or whatever they are called) is my favorite shot from all the trailers so far.

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'm excited to see the AT-AT 2.0 up close and in action! Enough with the standing around in formation, ya imps! Let's take those babies out for a spin and do some pacification.