main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No videotaping at C2?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Fermez_La_Boushh, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I read this someplace, but just don't remember where. Can anybody confirm or deny? I don't see anything on the Wizards website.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    There will be signs posted as to where and where you can't video tape. :)

3. mattrob24

mattrob24 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I had this posted on the Celebration II page here at TFN, and on the C2 message boards about a month ago (which it was). It was a message that I sent to C2 customer service, and the reply that I got back from them.

----- Original Message -----
    To: Matthew Robinson
    Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 6:49 PM
    Subject: Re: Celebration II and camcorders

Hello Matthew,

Policies for camcorders will vary from room to room and event to event. There will be signs posted outside of each area for your information.

Thank you,

Kristie Crawford
    Customer Service and Registration Manager
    Wizards of the Coast

To: evtcustserv@wizards.com
    Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 2:06 PM
    Subject: Celebration II and camcorders

Are camcorders going to be allowed inside Celebration II?

4. mattrob24

mattrob24 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I asked for some further clarification on Celebration II camera/camcorder policies. This was the reply that I received.

To: Matthew Robinson
    Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:44 PM

Hello!

Both cameras and camcorders will be allowed - but there will be rooms where they wont be. I don't have the information on specific rooms, but there will be rooms where a camera of any sorts will not be allowed. This information will be posted outside of each room. Also, yes there will be lockers available to place your belongings in. They are coin operated lockers.

Thank you,

Sheena Davison
    Wizards of the Coast

To: evtcustserv@wizards.com
    Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 4:41 PM

Thank you for your reply to my previous question. I wonder if I might obtain further clarification.

1) In areas where camcorders will not be allowed, will still-picture cameras be allowed?
    2) What criteria is used to determine whether we will be able to film and/or take pictures in a particular area?
    3) For areas where cameras and/or camcorders will not be allowed, will there be lockers or some other secure location into which we can place our equipment?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

5. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Yeah there are only certain places you can Camcord.

6. drawmarkee

drawmarkee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2002
    I'll definately be shooting wherever I can, at least a little. The one place I REALLY want to shoot is during the Fan Film Awards. I'm a finalist, and if I win something it would be incredibly cool to shoot camera on the way to the stage. :) Wishful thinking...

Greg

7. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Well that's reasonable. My dad will be excited to hear that. :D

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's good news, I was afraid we couldn't take my dad's digital video camera. It worked so well for me on my trip to Italy, you can replay moments...and get still images without film cameras.

I hope we can videotape some of the big events, like the welcoming ceremony on Friday. It would be great to show my friends who couldn't make it.

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Plus you can make copies for those who don't have a video camera. :D

10. 3rdamention

3rdamention Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I will be videotaping. I am going to try my best to get a solid hour of great video. But I am going to film at least 4 hours before editing so I have lots of angles and such. I will have to see what I can pull off. PEace.

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    This will be so sweeeet. i just hope you will be able to shoot good places and not just boring things. Like outside.

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    If anyone's interested, perhaps some of us could share our footage afterwards. At least those who can dub their video could do this. I know 3rd and I had talked about this and I think its a great idea. Let me know what you think.

John

13. Theman357

Theman357 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    Actually, will anybody be taping the Del Rey New Jedi Order discussion panel on Friday? I only have passes for Sat and Sun and really wanted to see it. I would love to at least view the video from it. If you can help me, please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.