main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"No, Wait Luke!, It's Too Dangerous!"

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Orrelios, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Don't forget the occasional drink at Mos Eisley Cantina. ;)

2. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I don't think Obi-Wan was a frequent patron of the Mos Eisley Cantina, or he would have known more pilots and would have been more recognized by the locals.

Butt Edit: Unnecessary.

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I think the "danger" Obi-Wan sensed was two-fold. He knew Beru was a mean drunk and that there were thermal detonators lying around the homestead.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    But seriously, what do you all think that Obi-Wan meant when he screamed to Luke that it was too dangerous?
    I still go with the theories that i had since i started this thread:

He still feels that the Sandtroopers were still at the Lars homestead or that he was afraid that Luke maybe met the Sandtroopers on the way there.

5. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Ben's mind has gone to hell:

"Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise"

Living in the past, man. He was probably so fuddled up that he thought that Anakin was still there visiting from AOTC.

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    If that happened Obi Wan can still try and train Leia. Might not be the best plan but it could work.

7. PhotoGuitarist

PhotoGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I Wonder? While Luke ran back to the Homestead. Did Obi-wan pull R2 to the side
    and talk about that time they were stuck on that ship that almost crash landed.
    and also how they were stuck in that elevator shaft? 3-PO comes over. Hey what are
    you talking about? Obi-Wan quickly changes the conversation.
    (that would be a funny deleted scene.)

8. NickMichalak

NickMichalak Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2006
    I did always notice that, and thought it was strange. You'd think he'd try chasing after him, and try to make Luke think rationally....or something. It's hardly like Kenobi to just stand there when someone is rushing into danger so haphazardly.

-NJM

9. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Luke needed to hate the Empire, which is what happens. Luke's angry reaction after his grief at seeing his relatives die is the same as Anakin's in the Tusken camp. Luke just has no way to take his anger out on the stormtroopers like Anakin could on the Tuskens/ It was a gamble but Obi-Wan needed Luke to see what had happened, which is why he didn't try too hard to stop Luke from going.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Luke: ....and that might lead them back....home.
    Ben: No wait Luke, it's too dangerous!
    *trip*
    *Bzzzt!*
    Luke: Ahhhhhh!!
    Ben: Oh, dear....

as an afterthought
    Ben (to Artoo): The mission! Get to the bottom of that canyon! Get the arm! I'm running out of Force Healing here....

11. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Imagine if Luke had been killed at that point. Obi-wan waits around for 20 years, finally makes contact with Luke, and Luke gets killed by the Empire on the very same day.

Imagine Obi-wan?s reaction.

"Palpatine was a Sith,
    Order 66,
    Anakin turns to the darkside and kills everybody,
    I'm stuck living on a dustbal for twenty years only to have the very reason for doing so die just as we're about to start. *sigh". I'm so very tired of being jerked around. So... tired..."

*Ignites his saber and cuts off his own head*.

12. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    giving into his hatred as he saw his aunt and uncle all toastied I think is why Obi Wan said that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.