main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Thought it might be nice to have a central location for new folks to post, and us...
    -------------------------------------------
    In a moment our contestants will tell us a bit about themselves, but first, let me introduce our host:
    -------------------------------------------
    NAME(S):
    AGE/BIRTHDATE:
    LOCATION(S):
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY:
    FAMILY/PETS:
    SW FAN SINCE:
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION:
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS:
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS:
    MUSICAL TASTES:
    CHAT ID'S:

And now, anyone else?

2. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Ooops! I was supposed to put some stuff in there!

Actually, I thought I'd leave that as a template in case anyone wanted to copy/paste. That's what I did. Here's the real thing.

NAME(S): Steph, Stephanie, jedigal, anything reasonably complimentary will get a response

AGE/BIRTHDATE: May 25, 1967, physical age: 33 and counting; emotional age - 13?

LOCATION(S): Born Davenport, Iowa (the exciting Quad Cities on the IA/IL border); grew up in St. Charles County; currently mid-St. Louis County - not, City, not North County, not West County, not South County

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: currently - legal secretary; best previous - veterinary receptionist and/or piano teacher

FAMILY/PETS: One almost 11year-old husband, 2 female kitties - Idget, gray/black tabby 12yo; Scarecrow, 1/2 Siamese with the coolest markings! like a calico pattern, but all shades of tan/black, 3yo. Previously owned another female kitty Prudence (put to sleep last fall); a big solid black male German Shepherd Bear (ran away from home in a thunderstorm, never recovered despite months of desperate searching); black female Labrador Retriever (gave away b/c she was schizo).

SW FAN SINCE: SW premiered on my 10th birthday.

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I've read and own all the novels, including the kids' Jedi Apprentice and Galaxy of Fear series. Have far too many toys that I like, but not (yet) a serious collector, and I play with everything, don't keep new in box. I'm now starting to read and collect the comics. I've been to two 'cons' and have made a Jedi robe, and begun planning for other portions of a Jedi costume. Not into any computer (gaming), but would role-play if had a good local group of people.

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Hard sci-fi especially old stuff, Heinlein, Asimov; ST fan since childhood; love GOOD sci-fi films; BIG fan of LotR (Tolkien kicks Lucas' butt!)

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I'll have to do this one separately, i need to take a rest from this computer for a while.

MUSICAL TASTES: rock, pop, classical but not opera, sometime piano and flute player, there's plenty i don't necessarily like, but not much i can't tolerate and even appreciate on some level, last few years been buying a lot of stuff by female musicians such as Tori Amos, Tracy Chapman, Alanis M., etc.

CHAT ID'S: AOL=jedigal Steph; Yahoo=jedigalsteph

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Steph! Can I come over? Please? I wanna see the kitties! All the books? I'm so jealous! And, while were at it, you can give me piano lessons! Right?!
    Okay, j/k, but I'd love to see your collection of books anyways. My one goal in life is to own all of the books.
    So, enough babbling, here's me!

NAME(S): Megan, sometimes Meg, JediGemini, or as I like to call myself J-Gem :D !

AGE/BIRTHDATE: June 8, 1981-one day before our beloved Queen Amidala's (Natalie Portman)! 19 years old and counting!

LOCATION(S): Illinois, but not in Chicago. Small town. No one would probably know anyways where it is.

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student. My main job it seems. Also am a hostess at a restaurant and work at my community college's bookstore!
    I'm a music major, also.

FAMILY/PETS: 3, count 'em, 3 younger sisters ages 4, 6, and 16! Crazy house I tell ya! No pets, used to have fish though.

SW FAN SINCE: 1997 when the special editions came out and was hooked since, although I do have a vague memory of my R2-D2 underwear and undershirt set when I was little and used to call him "Arty-Dooty"

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Books, books, books! I'm reading as much as I can and am fully indulged into the NJO. On occasion buy figure's and other products, watch the movies, and quote them everyday. Oh, and I'm here at the forums everyday and seem to have acquired more friends here that I've never met than I have at school! (j/k, but it's possible!)

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: I watch The X-Files religiously along with StarGate SG-1 and Roswell and many others. I love Sci-Fi movies and shows.

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Music and theatre. My passion. My major and minor respectively at school. I love to sing and act. I also paint and write on my own time, and play my Star Wars games on Nintendo 64.

MUSICAL TASTES: Everything except for country and rap, though only a portion is bearable for me. I love opera because I sing it, I love R&B and rock and on and on.

CHAT ID'S: JediMeg1013 on AOL IM. That's me!

4. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I just realized, Steph, that you have the same birthday as my best friend only in a different year ;) . Cool!
    Gemini's rock!

5. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    BUMP!

6. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    My turn, my turn (temporarily out of lurk mode ;) )

NAME(S): Steve, Stephen (pronounced like Steffen)
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 30, 01/28/1971
    LOCATION(S): Live in Belleville, IL grew up in Quincy, IL
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Computer Programmer/Customer Support
    FAMILY/PETS: wife, 3 yo daughter, 2 dogs (and temporarily) a cat.
    SW FAN SINCE: '77
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Collecting the toys, reading the books and attempting to play the N64 games
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Nothing too specific, probably older stuff though since the new stuff is all copied from the old stuff.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Attempting to play guitar, reading, Watching baseball, football and hockey.
    MUSICAL TASTES: '80's hard rock, favorite of that being Def Leppard.
    CHAT ID'S: SteelLepp, steel_lepp (and pretty much anyother variation of that you see)

Catch ya later

7. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    Here goes...
    Name: Deborah
    Family: Single, no kids
    Pets: 10 birds, but I don't really count them, they are technically my mom's
    SW fan since: Third grade, about 1983 when Return of the Jedi was everywhere. All the girls in my class liked Ewoks because they were cute like little teddy bears. I remember collecting the little cards that came with the stick of gum, and still have them somwhere. I also, somewhere, still have a bunch of SW stickers, because another big thing in my class at that time was sticker collecting. My heroine was Princess Leia, and I loved the Sarlaac! lol...But I never was that true of a fan until Ep. 1 came out, and last summer, when I got hooked on reading the books. Now I'm completely into the whole thing.
    Other SciFi interests: Star Trek, I love DS9 and Voyager.
    Other interests: Cooking, drawing (to an extent, I'm not too good), writing (trying to get some fan fiction started), chatting and SW roleplaying online, travel, my soap The Young and the Restless, and the outdoors. I love nature, especially birdwatching, and camping and hiking during the summer. Outdoor cooking also fits in here! Spending time with friends is important to me, something my job unfortunately doesn't allow me much time to do. There are several others I will probably think of later, I like so many things.
    Musical interests: Disco! Any music I can dance to I love, Except country and heavy metal. Pop, oldies, some rap. Stations in St. Louis I usually listen to are Z 107.7, 104.1 The Mall, Oldies 103.3, K hits 96, 101.1 The River. I'm a big fan of Z's saturday night club mix, and the saturday night disco on Y 98.
    Chat Id's: JawaQueen on AOL im, Kali Nkik in SW roleplay
    email: jawa_jedi11@hotmail.com

8. Col mar

Col mar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    NAME(S): Col, Kor, Mike or just My Lord.

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 19, 9/18/81

LOCATION(S): Festus, Mo just south of St. Louis

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: unemployed right now

FAMILY/PETS: No pets and hates family but am engaged.

SW FAN SINCE: 1997 when saw SW SE for the first time.

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: fanfilms, books, props, costumes and writing fan fiction

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Jurassic Park, StarGate film and TV series, Lord of the Rings (it's really fantasy Steph) and any good SciFi game

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Computer games, reading, drawing (not good at all), writing short stories and film stuff.

MUSICAL TASTES: Country and the occassional clasical composer.

CHAT ID'S: AIM: C0lmar MSN: SirMendor@hotmail.com Yahoo IM: Colmar_Kolgon ICQ: 48462359

9. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    NAME(S): Laura

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 16-- May 12th

LOCATION(S): Oakville/South county/ St. Louis

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Box office at Ronnies 20

FAMILY/PETS: 1 younger brother, 2 parents, 2 cats

SW FAN SINCE: 1988

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: watch them, read everything, post here and at nightly.net

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Pern (Anne McCaffrey), ship series (AM), too many others to name...

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Computers, reading, chemistry, racing on lindberg when I'm going home from work...

MUSICAL TASTES: 93.3X 105.7 the Point, 104.1 the Mall... And a bunch of other obscure stuff, and techno/electronica

CHAT ID'S: AIM: Aelnyon, DarthAthena

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, excuse my lateness to introduce myself... maybe I was just being shy. [face_blush]

NAME(S): MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, MJS, Mara... or Lisa will work too!
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: sigh... 31... 8/2/69
    LOCATION(S): Burnsville, Minnesota! I have also lived in Athens, Ohio; Greenville, South Carolina; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Auburn, New York; Plymouth, Michigan; San Antonio, Texas; Austin, Texas; Houston, Texas; and Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. Quiz next Friday.
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Cost Accountant
    FAMILY/PETS: Three daughters: Ashley Sierra, Amber Crystal, Autumn Heather (I like nature). One cat, Milo, and a hamster, Zippity. I also have parents, grandparents, a sister, etc. but I won't get into all that!
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977, I was 8 years old and my Dad took me to it and I've been in love since.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Online here just about every day! I also read the books and, like jegigal, am currently immersed in NJO. I like SW fan fiction as well. Bria, who posts on the MF board, is a very good fan fiction writer. Thought I'd give my MF buddy a plug. :) Occasionally I buy the toys, but am not a serious collector. I own all the widescreen and pan-and-scan SW videos and watch them regularly. Still haven't tired of them. My favorite SW characters are Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker and will defend both to the bone if need be!!!
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: I love both sci-fi and fantasy. Early favorites, book-wise, were Tolkien (god he's good!) and Terry Brooks Shanara series. When I was a kid, I used to watch Star Trek with my Dad. I also liked the SF movies The Matrix, The Fifth Element, the Space Odyssey movies... I'm sure there's more but the mind is drawing a blank.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I love the outdoors and hope to do more camping and hiking this summer. I also enjoy being a mom and doing things with my kids (hope that doesn't sound too sappy)
    MUSICAL TASTES: I like alternative rock the most, and Tori Amos/Sarah McLachlan music. I also enjoy the 80s rock music.
    CHAT ID'S: ICQ 83418909, AOL: MaraSkywalkerFF

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hi St. Louis!

Sorry it's taken awhile to introduce myself. I've had the delight to meet Jedigal and Mr. Jedigal at WindyCon and Capricon. I hope that we all can link up at some future event. I'm the super new RSA for the midwest and am happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have either in email or on the boards. If it's a general question that may interest all of the Midwest, please put in on the general Midwest discussion board too. I am really excited about this position and hope to assist each group in creating or strenghtening their local base and building our relationships as an entire Midwest Fan Force.

NAME(S): Bobafemme, Boba Femme, Erica, ehaas
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: just turned 29 in February
    LOCATION(S): Minneapolis now, grew up in Rosebud, SD also lived in Wisconsin, Illinois, grad school in Texas, worked a bit in New York.
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Asst Director of a small University Minnesota department
    FAMILY/PETS: Dengar-most handsome and loveable cat in the world, younger brother, and mom and dad.
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977. Life on the rez with no movie theater was tough, had to cross state lines to see all three. Our neighbor had SW on video disc. I watched it over and over 'til it skipped everywhere.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: casual collecting. I love all things non-human and boutny hunter. And reading. I'm on Balance Point--no spoilers please.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: I loved Space Above and Beyond, now off the air. Enjoy painting myself silver to look like a robot, K. Jeter's Dr. Adder
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Hello Kitty and body modification
    MUSICAL TASTES: I listen to it, don't eat it. :) L7, Joan Jett, Babes in Toyland, Corey Hart, Adam Ant
    CHAT ID'S: ICQ:84552792. Please use it for friendly chat or quick RSA questions. If you have more complicated things to discuss, send me an email at bobafemme@fanforce.net. I'll get back to you and then we can set up a time where we can discuss in detail.

What's with all the edits, you say? Can't stand the typeos in my own posts, never notice them in others.

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Thanks MaraJadeSkywalkerFF. [face_blush]

NAME(S): Kristina.
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 19. August 6,1981
    LOCATION(S): Minnesota (Twin Cities)
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: College, part time cashier at a local grocery store
    FAMILY/PETS: Only child. Divorced parents. I live with my mom and two cats, Sushi and Beijing. Sushi owns me.
    SW FAN SINCE: 1997
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Buying SW comics and cards (both trading and CCG), going on e-bay (when I have $, which I don't at the moment), posting to this board (been here almost 2 years), writing fanfiction, as Mara mentioned. Lately most of my posting has been in the fanfiction section. It's addicting there.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Stargate (the movie), Armageddon, X-files, E.T.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Hanging out with friends, traveling- Oregon and Winnipeg, Manitoba are my favorite places to visit. Haven't been off North America, but that will change when I go to Europe :), going to movies, listening to music, Anime (blame it on my friends and their college Anime clubs!), cartoons, babysitting (though I don't do it much any more). I also like to collect quotes. You can see some of my favorite on my ff.n page:http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic/?action=Directory-AuthorProfile&UserID=22502
    MUSICAL TASTES: varied. Savage Garden and Creed are my favorite, but I also like Bon Jovi, Sting, Madonna, U2, Sarah Machlaughlin, Aerosmith, the Beatles, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W Smith, etc
    CHAT ID'S: 25827299- my ICQ #. My yahoo id (though I'm not on the pager much... sometimes though...) is swbriatharen and my AIM id is Bria Lavval. I do not use AOL (yuck :p), I just have the IM.

~*~Bria

13. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hi, Bria. Welcome to St. Louis. Right here we have the Arch, also known as the Jefferson Expansion Memorial or some such nonsense. To the South we have.... oh, sorry folks, i get carried away into fantasy sometimes. (No, there is NOT anything wrong with having fantasies about your home town. Like, that people would actually want to visit it.)

But seriously, thanks for stopping by, and it's a pleasure to have you. Make yourself comfortable...

14. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Thank you. And I am familiar with St. Louis. Been there I have, more than once. Nice place it is. :D

~*~Bria

15. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Bumping up for Dan and anyone else who no longer wants to be a stranger. ;)

16. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    NAME(S): Thom, aka Stardreamer, aka Thom Solo
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 30 - 7/7/70
    LOCATION(S): Mt. Prospect, IL (Chicago suburb)
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: credit assistant (FT) / bookseller/cafe server (PT)
    FAMILY/PETS: In the same home? One cat, Diamond... and an occasional rancor. ;)
    SW FAN SINCE: My earlier SW memory is watching the ::shudder:: Holiday Special. I must've been a fan already, at that stage.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: read the books and comics, and occasionally pick up a new figure or other toy :)
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Pern, where I'm involved in fandom writing (Athena, we should talk.... ;)), Doctor Who, Babylon 5, daikaiju eiga ("Giant Monster Films", literally ::chuckle:: )... I maintain an interest in Star Trek, though I haven't watched it regularly in ages... favorite authors: Tolkien, Neil Gaiman, many others
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I collect comic books (which I suppose could be listed under the previous entry, but oh well) and enjoy role-playing, both free-form and rule-based... I head up a mystery-book group at the bookstore... in the summer I visit the area Rennaissance Faire at least twice... and I occasionally have a social life. :D
    MUSICAL TASTES: varied, I'll listen to almost anything if it's on the radio... my own picks tend to be 80's music, or classic rock, or RennFaire music, or SF soundtracks
    CHAT ID'S: ThomSO on AOL/AIM, ThomOBedlam on Yahoo (which I rarely use), 13070371 on ICQ (ditto)

17. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    NAME(S): Keiran (only for you fine folks here at the JC), J.R., Jer, Jar, Jar-Jar, R.J., John, anything else anyone can think of
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 15 (27 July, 1985)
    LOCATION(S): Spanish Lake (North County)
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student (5 more days 'til summer)
    FAMILY/PETS: 2 dogs (my moms-Rosie, mine-Carrie(named after an actress)), 1 cat (Dash, named after a smuggler)
    SW FAN SINCE: before I could spell R2D2
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Movies, games, books, SW Insider, web sites, bootleg Holiday Special (masochism, I know), JC threads
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Just about all that I've seen on film/TV, also anything I've read by Michael Crichton
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Film (I'm an aspiring director), theatre (fills my out-of-school hours, on and offstage)
    MUSICAL TASTES: Whatcha got?
    CHAT ID'S: None yet

18. Roark1138

Roark1138 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2001
    NAME: Wayne, aka Roark1138

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 26, B-day in Aug

LOCATION(S): Grew up around the midwest, though mostly in StL. Just moved back to StL, specifically West County, from a 3-year stay in Miami, FL where I worked at technology companies during the dot-com boom.

FAMILY/PETS: Married for 3 years.

SW FAN SINCE: As long back as I can remember.

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Collecting unusual or rare SW items that catch my interest. My favorite item right now is a vintage ('77) Rumph "Chewy" stein.

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: All flavors of Trek; X-Files; Space: Above & Beyond; Battlestar Galactica.

OTHER INTERESTS: Art and design, both traditional (painting) and computer (animation, digital photography); webapp development (I love my job); collecting various "stuff"; Book RPGs; computer gaming; war movies, the History channel, the Discovery Channel, the Learning Channel.

MUSICAL TASTES: Pop, jazz, blues, classical. No country. No 'gangsta' rap.

ID'S: I've been Roark1138 (or Roark-1138) for many years. The 'Roark' is from an RPG character I played long ago. The '1138' should be obvious. :>

Btw, nice to meet the rest of you. :)

19. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Roark, WELCOME to FanForce!!!

Hope you like it here, and stick around. Hopefully we'll be having a gathering in the near future.

If you PM ("Private Message") your email addy to me, I'll keep you informed of all the plans. That goes for anyone else, too, of course. :)

20. SithJediMstr

SithJediMstr Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2001
    Greetings all! Sorry is took so long to respond. It certainly is enjoyable reading about other fans. One can tell by all the varied interest and muscial taste that Star Wars reaches across many boundaries...just an observation.

NAME(S): Dan, coworkers call me the Jedi Kid. I've also been called Dan Solo.

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 31 although I really feel I'm about 20.

LOCATION(S): currently St. Louis. I was born and lived in Eustis, FL for 7 years. I still have lots of family so I considerate home...I do like St. Louis though...

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Cost estimator

FAMILY/PETS: Alee-wife, Mikayla-daughter 2 years and 9 months (at about a year, she knew every major character in all the movies and today she can name about 90% of the characters), Liam-son 6 weeks. Pets - four wonderful cats, Curt (stoner cat), Courtney (as troublesome as Courtney Love), Paddington (I swear he is paranoid-schezofrentic (sp? bad)), and Precious (she is a witch and looks like a barrel)

SW FAN SINCE: 1977

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: books, comics, collecting toys (hope to soon have a room dedicated to my collection. I did dress up as a Jedi at SW Celebration in Denver.

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: old Star Trek only and numerous movies...

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Harry Potter, vampire novels, camping, cooking, working on my car, and spending time with my entire family and the Dawgpound...

MUSICAL TASTES: various but mostly gothic and industrial/techno, favorites include Skinny Puppy, NIN, Front 242, Tool, Type O Negative, Bauhaus, Pigface, Love & Rockets, KMFDM, the Cure, the Church, Smashing Pumpkins, the Verve, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains. I must admit that I love the mall (104.1). I just love music.

CHAT ID'S: ICQ, I don't remember but I will post is later...

21. 1800CallAWookie

1800CallAWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2000
    After quite a long stint of not posting and barely even reading...(it was a realllllllly rough semester) I stand before you again. Hello to anyone who might actually vaguely remember me, and hello to all who have no idea whatsoever who I am.

NAME(S): Jason
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 21
    LOCATION(S): St. Louis County
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student/Web Design Consultant/IT Assistant
    FAMILY/PETS: Mom & Dad...I am allergic to just about every living creature...so no pets for me :(
    SW FAN SINCE: Well, I know I watched the movies once or twice with my dad when I was about 10 or so, and then my cousin gave me the Thrawn trilogy to read when I was like 12, but I would say I really got into it somewhere around 16.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: TFN (obviously), the almost complete (kind of) of SW novels and comics (not the Marvel kind), PC, Playstation and N64 games (the best ones are on N64, then the PC, IMHO) & changing my computer's wallpaper to a various SW pic at least 3 or 4 times a week
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Asimov (reading Foundation Series now), Brooks (which is actually Fantasy), decent movies
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Fantasy novels and movies; historical fiction/fantasy (i.e., movies or novels with some truth - Braveheart, Gladiator, Jurassic Park, etc.); Batman, X-Men, Warlands, Shidima comics; Soccer (the best sport), Softball (slowpitch), Tennis, Racquetball; programming, web design
    MUSICAL TASTES: pretty much everything but most country, r&b and rap...mostly like alternative, techno & rock (heavy or modern)
    CHAT ID'S: speblueballz (ask if you want to know why)

22. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Yo, CA-Wookie - whaaassssuuuuup? Missed you, man.

Seriously glad to see you back around. Hope you keep drifting in this direction more often.

23. 1800CallAWookie

Oct 23, 2000
    Yeah I'm back...just had a lot to do this past semester...don't ya just hate when teachers make you work! Pssssh, what do they think, I have time for class and schoolwork after SW stuff???

Anyway, it really paid off, so it's all good. Have I missed anything major?

24. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    We tried to have our first event, but it ended up being somewhat of a fiasco. That is, it didn't actually happen. Going to plan something for GatewayCon which is in July 6-8 at the Airport Hilton (near Lambert Airport ;) ). Check out the threads on that.

Oh yeah, also, while you in school, the Blues made it through Rounds 1 and 2 of the Playoffs, and just lost in Round 3 to Colorado. This was the first time the Blues made it to Round 3 since 1986! Hopefully it won't be another 15 years.

That is all, Jedigal out.

25. 1800CallAWookie

Oct 23, 2000
    Oh i knew about the blues..in fact watched or listened to some of their games...let's not forget about the Cards' 11 game (?) winning streak too huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.