main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Hey All,

Steph came up and visited the Omaha board, so I thought I'd come down and say hi and return the gesture.

NAME(S): Mark and or paperclipx
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 28, born June 5, 1973. Though I personally believe I havent aged since I was 10.
    LOCATION(S): Born and raised in Omaha, NE. I did a stint in the Navy so I have lived in Groton, Conn and VA Beach, VA.
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: 911 Dispatcher Omaha/Douglas Cnty
    FAMILY/PETS: My 2yo daughter, I think she counts as both sometimes..
    SW FAN SINCE: Well, my earliest movie memory is of Empire. But my earlist SW memory is of opening up the Death Star playset I got for Christmas, so I would have to believe I've been a fan since 77.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Collecting! I'm a huge collector. Mostly action figures, but anything else that catches my eye, books, comics. Im in the process of purchasing stormtrooper armor and joining the 501st.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Not many actually. I liked Stargate the movie, never watched the series. Starship Troopers, MIB. Not a fan of series sci-fi, though I did like Space:Above and Beyond, and I used to love the X-Files till it got stupid.
    OTHER INTERESTS: Football, comuter/PS2 games, movies, etc
    MUSICAL TASTES: Late 80's/Early 90's hairbands. The whole Seattle grunge thing killed new music for me. I know its over, but I still havent found much new music I like. I can listen to country too. No rap.
    CHAT IDS: They're all on Yahoo! paperclip_x, callmy911, pcx_x, or bobafettster.

Thats me in a nutshell. Glad to meet you all, and good luck with the FanForce here in St. Louis!

Mark

2. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    NAME(S): Chris, Christopher, "Tom"
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 26, 10/03/74
    LOCATION(S): Lake St. Louis, MO
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: CAD Operator
    FAMILY/PETS: Parents, 1 younger brother, used to have a dog, but we had to put him to sleep yesterday :(, fiancee (gettin' married in september)
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Watch the movies, collect the toys, play the rpg
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Dune, some books, computer video games
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: baseball, tennis, golf, writing stories, scripts, rpg
    MUSICAL TASTES: rock, classical, jazz
    CHAT ID'S: um, don't use it that often anymore

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey! Welcome, Blue_Viper!

4. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Howdy, Blue Viper! Cool handle, btw...

Hope to see you sticking around and posting on the boards here. I have to admit to a certain degree of "lost faith" that a decent-sized group of us St. Louis fans will ever get together on a semi-regular basis, but that has been my hope for over a year now, and I have not officially given up. Hope you'd be an interested party...

Either way, tho, nice to meet ya. :)

5. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Thanks! :)
    Nice to meet everyone too.

6. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    NAME(S): Holly
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 20 March 25 81
    LOCATION(S): Live in a small town in Missouri, near Mexico (no not the country lol) Dad lives in Winfield/Troy Area
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student (9-hours left till I have my associates Woohoo!!! In Computer Informatin Systems. Also work in a factory on the weekends. (that would be my drudgery)
    FAMILY/PETS: My 13 yr old cat Pepper. 1 step-brother, 1 half-sister, 1 adopted/step-sister, 2 step-sisters, and a partrige in a pear tree. :)
    SW FAN SINCE: Used to like watching teddy bears when I was little but became a hard core fan when the Special Editions came out.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Well I have some posters and puzzles hanging up in my room. I watch SW whenever I can. I especailly listen/watch it when I am cleaning.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: The Matrix and Jurrasic Park
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: TV: Passions, La Femme Nikita, Sex in the City, The Soparnos, and 6 feet under. Games: X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Power Battles, Star Wars Epi 1
    MUSICAL TASTES: Anything and everything except Uncle Cracker
    CHAT ID'S: Msn- MrsEthanWinthrop Yahoo- survivor_jedi

7. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Welcome! Glad to have ya. Like your handle, it totally does its job of recalling Yoda's death scene to my mind.

You have done well, Lord Vader...

8. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    Ooo, I like your chat id's AS! I admit it! I watch Passions, too!

9. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    Hi Everyone! In case you haven't guessed, I'm new to the forums! So, here we go! :)

NAME(S): So many, Tabee, Jedi Tabee, Kirana Ti, Zoe, Sere Akin Xine, and something else...
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 18, March 26 1983
    LOCATION(S): Currently O'Fallon Il
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: student worker at SWIC
    FAMILY/PETS: Two parents, an older brother, a dog, Lady, who thinks she's a people, a cat, Merv, who thinks she's a dog, that's it
    SW FAN SINCE: birth, my parents are fans (not as devoted as myself) and I think I inherited the genes
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: movies, books, imagination, websites, and now forums!
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Anne McCaffrey novels
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: there is life outside of sci fi? I'm kidding, um, ok, maybe I'm not
    MUSICAL TASTES: I like country (and I'm proud of it!) but anything else will do, I do enjoy 80's music!
    CHAT ID'S: Kirana_ti@msn.com and kiranati83@aol.com

10. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hi, Tabee!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

So glad to have you! When it's sparse here, I've also met very nice people in other Midwest city forums, especially Chicago, Minneapolis, South Bend, and Indianapolis.

11. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi, Jedi_Tabee!

12. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Tabee! A McCaffrey fan! Excellent! ;)

Welcome to the board!

13. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Actually, Stardreamer, I do think that your signature is nifty. I've never had a latte. Hmm, maybe I'll try one soon :)

14. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    NAME(S): Sally, Sal, Garnet, Robin (with or with out the princess part), Qui Xux, Signaline, Aurora,ummm I am missing some...grrr

AGE/BIRTHDATE: Jan. 26, 1983...which makes me 18

LOCATION(S): O'Fallon, IL, also knowing as the town that has Heck St....lol

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Student worker at SWIC

FAMILY/PETS: pet...ok here we go... one bird, cockatail named Zan-X, two guinea pigs named Bluto and Pinto (they are named after the char. from Animal House), one hampster named Flounder (also named from someone in ANimal House) and a bunch of fish...anyone want any guppies?

SW FAN SINCE: I don't remember...I have memories of watching the ROTJ for the first time when I was living in Las Vagas though...

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: books, toys, and watching the movies a lot

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Star Trek every one of them..but mainly DS9, um geez I can't remember half of it...but I read a lot of ST books too, I also own a lot...um...Babylon 5 when it was still showing...I know there is more...I post it later when I remember it.

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Um...biology...hehe I am a biology major so what else can you expect from me...but anyways, I love to read horror novels..but I haven't read any lately (been catching up on SW books that I am borrowing from Tabee...hehe)

MUSICAL TASTES: Pretty much everything...though I am partial to 80's music....

CHAT ID'S: hotmail: Robin_Princess@webtv.net (the one I am most often on) and robinprincess36@hotmail.com (only used when I am on a comp) and I am slowly learning AIM, so that one is KrishnaMarzullo

15. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Hey! Thanks Sally! I now member my other nickname!It's Thallia. Is that how I spelled it? I don't member...

16. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    I don't remember how to spell it...sheesh this is me....I can't spell worth crap!

17. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Interesting point

18. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    I know....heheh

19. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Out of curiousity Sally, are you barefooted? Cuz you could kill everyone in the forum if you are.

20. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    kinda, I have my flip flops on....hehe...and they are being held together by duct tape....ohh I just thought of something to add to my sig!!! ehehe

21. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Ok, we may not die any time soon. Why don't you get knew flip flpos? You have a job, and you just got your paycheck.

22. Princess_Robin

Sep 24, 2001
    I am rather fond of my flip flops thank you very much...besides I haven't found a new pair that I like...

23. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Tabee & Sally Show! ::g,d,rlh::

24. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    YAY!!!!!! My show! Ok, I gotta share it with Sally, but that's ok! I always wanted a show, perhaps we can come up with something fun, what do you think Sally?

25. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    * Loud applause while we find out what's coming on today's show :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.