main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Mallory!

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Hi, Mallory! Glad you found us!

Count me in the band geek category... (flute also and french horn for some performances). You'll fit right in. Most of us like Harry Potter, LoTR, pretty much all fantasy and sci-fi. And I see that you like 30 Seconds to Mars...remind me later to tell you my Jared Leto story.;) I'm very proud of myself. LOL

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    BAND GEEKS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry, high school memories flowing back. :p

4. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Welcome to the Fan Force Mallory!

5. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Hi, I'm Jamie. The Public Relations Officer for the Kansas City Fanforce. While I don't live in St. Louis, I do travel through every now and then. I would also love to, if anyone is open to it, have some joint gatherings with all of MO's fanforces. Nothing really planned, just a thought. Once again, I just wanted to say hello.

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi Jamie. Nice to have you stop by. :D Let us know what you have in mind... :)

7. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Oh, I will. As soon as I can ever think of anything =o)

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    LOL! I understand. Also we might want to include the Carbondale, Ill chapter as well. They would love to come and they are somewhat close to us. :D

9. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
  10. jsmythe2008

jsmythe2008 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2008
    Hey all!

I'm new to the boards.

Names John. I am 18 and live in Ferguson in St. Louis.

I am an amateur filmmaker and the primary reason I signed up was to gather local interested and hopefully get some people to add to my cast for an upcoming fan film!

Nice to meet you all!

11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi John, welcome to the group. We are practically neighbors since I live in Jennings.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome John. The fanfilm sounds interesting... :D

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome John!

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Welcome, John! Sorry, I'm a little slow on occasion.;)

15. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    NAME(S): Joe
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 12/28/82 - I'm 25 at this posting.
    LOCATION(S): St. Charles. I have lived in Des Peres, Kirkwood, Manchester, St. Peters, and Maryland Heights also.
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Life sentence of servitude at Walgreens.
    FAMILY/PETS: Two roommates, one of whom is also a huge Star Wars fan, but sadly does not indulge in online fandom. Two cats, who are not named for Star Wars characters, unfortunately.
    SW FAN SINCE: Birth? I can't even remember the revelation of Luke's parentage. I finally made my holy Star Wars pilgrimage to Celebration IV last year in Los Angeles.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I am a very active member of Wookieepedia, where as Graestan I serve as an administrator, sit on an article review panel, and co-lead a group project promoting articles to be featured on the main page. I read SW novels at a leisurely pace, and purchase the KotOR and Legacy TPBs as they come out. Loved the KotOR games.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: DUNE, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, the odd sci-fi anime, and plenty more. Asimov books.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: History, literature, cuisine, nature, and so on. If you get to know me, you'll find out plenty more.
    MUSICAL TASTES: Very broad; I was raised a classical musician, so I can find something small to like in most music.
    CHAT ID'S:
    Windows Live Messenger: atreidesduchy@hotmail.com
    IRC: "Graestan" on irc.freenode.net and irc.holonet.org - commonly found in #eu on holonet

I'm new to the JCF. Nice to find you all on here. I'm going to be rather active on the Lit boards, but am very open to local fan activities as well. - Joe

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi Joe, I am glad you found us. :D Feel free to jump in and help stir the place up a bit. :)

17. Graestan

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks. And oh, you have no idea... MUAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

18. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Hi Joe, welcome to the board.

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Joe!

20. Graestan

Mar 23, 2008
  21. jax-Emos

jax-Emos Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2008
    hi my name is chris i live in caseyville Il so you gus are the closest ones to me.
    i am 29 been a fan my whole life.
    my interests are star wras, comics, movies, and music.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Welcome! There are a couple of us in Illinois and sometimes we get together over here. :)

23. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Chris! I grew up in Collinsville, but now live in St. Louis. Is the little Ice Cream stand still there? The one on the main road when you first go over the tracks? We ate there alot.

24. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I thought I'd post this again since it had been so long...

NAME(S): Danielle

AGE/BIRTHDATE: I'm 29 forever... ;) (born August 19, 1977)

LOCATION(S): Festus, MO

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Stay-at-home mom, hopefully a grad student somewhere in the near future, sometimes substitute teacher

FAMILY/PETS: Hubbie Patrick (married for 9 years, together for almost 15) Son, Teaguen James who is 6

SW FAN SINCE: Patrick has been OBSESSED since birth. It came with the whole being with him thing. It's part of the package deal! lol!

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: movies, books, artwork, playing with Teags, would like to get into some cosplay soon.

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Angel/Buffy, The Crow, zombie stuff, Bill and Ted, the list could go on and on ...I was raised by a Trekkie, so I have some of that in me too, but don't tell anyone...

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Vampires, brat pack/80's movies, cute Japanese things, fairies, cartoons, cooking, baking, gardening, crafty things, cross stitch, reading, playing video games... again, this could be a long list...

MUSICAL TASTES: Again, another possible long list... But off the top of my head, steampunk bands like Abney Park, screamo, emo, 90's alternative, dance, trance, electronica, hair metal, 80's new wave... and on and on and on...

CHAT ID'S: navywifedanielle on yahoo. I'm on a lot, but I'm usually invisible, so it's always a good idea to buzz if you want a chat. I just may be there! :)

25. darth_otter

darth_otter Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005

NAME(S): Patrick

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 32(or 8 if you only count Leap Years)/February 29, 1976

LOCATION(S): Festus, MO

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Tier II IT Support, Enterprise Rent-a-Car

FAMILY/PETS: Wife - Danielle (married for 9 years, together for almost 15 - See above posting!) Son - Teaguen (6 years old, much like me he can't remember a time without Star Wars)

SW FAN SINCE: Um, I can honestly not remember a time in my life when I wasn't obsessed....

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Movies, books, CCG, Role-playing on and off, toys constantly

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Resident Evil (and pretty much any other zombie related thing), Aliens/Predator, Halo, The Crow, Angel/Buffy, Transformers

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Hockey, video games, sleeping, keeping my son alive (it's not as easy as you'd think!)

MUSICAL TASTES: If it came out in the 80's or 90's, chances are I liked it (Country not so much). A lot of newer stuff that I like would be classified as emo, I guess. If it's loud, fast, or heavy, it's a sure bet I'll like it.

CHAT ID'S: I don't really have a chat ID. I spend all day at work in front of a computer, I usually give my brain and fingers a break at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.