main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome back you two!

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    IT is very good to see you two back, and I hope you can make it Saturday. IT will be great fun to have you both!!

3. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    I'm in between 3 of the Fan-Forces around here, between you guys, Carbondale "C'Dale", and Evansville "E-Ville". But anyway, I figured I might as well introduce myself. I'm Zach, or Jodo/Radium. I costume as the crazy Boba wanna-be Jodo Kast, as well as a Battlestar Fleet Security Marine. I'm about 70 so miles East of St. Louis. My intrests include, but aren't limited to, SW, Battlestar Galactica, and The Joker.

Here this Halloween you'll be able to catch me as the Joker, complete with Henchmen! [face_clown] The Joker is currently one of my ongoing projects. Still on the work bench would be my 2 other Mando costumes, my Cade Skywalker, and my Sandtrooper, which is on the extreme back burner. :p

4. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey Zach, welcome!

5. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Carbondale, eh? My parents live in DuQuoin - small world. Welcome! It's always good to have another BSG fan around.

6. mjg8b

mjg8b Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    NAME(S):Melinda

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 26 10/31/82

LOCATION(S): 30-45mins north of St. Louis

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: customer phone rep

FAMILY/PETS: 7 sister, 3 brother. no pets would love to have a dog

SW FAN SINCE: I was 13 and swore that no self respecting brand new teenager would like those movies, i refused to watch them. But when I had the house to myself I secretly watched them and fell in love. I watched them repeatedly for weeks.

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: the movies, reading the books, and talking about them. I'll casually bring it up in a conversation in hopes that someone would actually talk to me about it.

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: just about all of them, if their sci-fi I have to at least watch it once. they all have something that i like but i have no other favorites

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: My family. I'm an outdoors type, I like camping, some recreational sports, most things that get me outside. reading, fiction mostly, animals, love movies, board games, card games, music, driving different roads just to see where they go.

MUSICAL TASTES: all music with a good beat, old and new

CHAT ID'S: yahoo nbyant

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello and welcome. :)

8. mjg8b

mjg8b Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009

Thank you, I'm kind of new at this. I never realized there was so uch for a fan see

9. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    NAME(S): Josh

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 12/8/85, currently 23 (and a half in 6 days)

LOCATION(S): Florissant (North St. Louis County)

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Cashier, Student

FAMILY/PETS: single, live with mother and 3 cats

SW FAN SINCE: early to mid 90s (whenever I first saw Star Wars)

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: extensive EU library, Wookieepedia, watching the movies every few months, writing fanfiction

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Timothy Zahn (favorite author), Doctor Who

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Harry Potter, St. Louis Cardinals, international relations, movies (action, comedy, blockbuster)

MUSICAL TASTES: classic rock, favorite bands: Led Zeppelin, Soundgarden, Audioslave, White Stripes

CHAT ID'S: jnhman85@aol.com, jnhman@yahoo.com, jnhman@hotmail.com

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Glad to meet everyone.

NAME(S):Eric

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 37 10/17/1971

LOCATION(S): 48 miles South of Indy

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Outgoing FedEx Cook Medical

FAMILY/PETS: Wife, Two Son's , Dog + Fish

SW FAN SINCE: I was 6

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: the movies, reading the books, and talking about them. I am President of the Hoosier Alliance. FF base out of Bloomington,Indiana

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Space:1999, Buck Rodgers,

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: My family.I am a big fan of Apple and my iMac. Love technology . Big HDTV and Blu Ray fan.

MUSICAL TASTES: 80's nut. Soft rock from the 70's and clasic from the 70's too.

CHAT ID'S:none ,except facebook

11. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    Hi, i just moved to the St. Louis area and was hoping to continue involvement in Fanforce. Although i have never really been active on any boards before, i have been an active member of DB516 the Long Island NY fanforce for the last 5 years. I would love to get some information about your chapter and what sort of activities you do!

NAME(S): Timothy Anderson
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 22 3/13/87
    LOCATION(S): Central West End
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Coordinator of Collegiate Development, Beta Sigma Psi National Fraternity
    FAMILY/PETS: In NY I have a Mother and Brother. My Brother is the Active President of DB516 the Long Island NY FanForce
    SW FAN SINCE: The re-releases when I was a kid
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Hopefully through activities with Fanforce. however I would say that my Geekdom is far beyond the realm of Star Wars
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Dr. Who, Transformers, Wing Commander (not the Movie it sucked!), Tourchwood, Fanboys
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I don't know any sort of pop culture references i tend to find entertaining.
    MUSICAL TASTES: anything and everything.

Please e-mail me at PsiChapter43@aol.com to just give me some info regarding the group.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Welcome Tim!

13. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, I don't live in St. Louis, but I'll be here talking to you all probably! I'm Tim's friend.

NAME(S): Dana
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 27 12/8/81
    LOCATION(S): Long Island, NY
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Retail/ Student
    FAMILY/PETS: Only child. I live with my Dad. No pets.
    SW FAN SINCE: Around the time of Episode 2. Watched the OT and loved it. Withen months I formed my own FF.
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Docking Bay 516, Costuming, technically being a member of The Rebel Legion, Cons
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Buffy and anything in the Whedonverse!, Dr. Who, Torchwood, POTC, Harry Potter
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I love old movies and musicals
    MUSICAL TASTES: Anything but country and rap.

14. Ninshuber

Ninshuber Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2009
    NAME(S): Mary Lynn "M.L." Elizabeth Longsworth
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: July 5, 1970
    LOCATION(S): Overland, Missouri
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: HR/Payroll assistant @ Edward Jones Family YMCA
    FAMILY/PETS: 1 husband I out-geek, 1 2-year-old son, 1 confused mother-in-law, 3 cats
    SW FAN SINCE: 1977
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Read, write, and planning a Star Wars movie marathon in a theater for charity
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, countless others
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: writing, child-rearing, surviving a husband who does special effects
    MUSICAL TASTES: everything, in moderation, except for Robert Plant
    CHAT ID'S: Ninshuber, M_L_Longsworth

15. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    welcome to the St. Louis FanForce boards

I'm Tim.

keep posting and keep a look out for any meeting information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.