main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noah's Flood - Local or Global?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by im_posessed, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "If a global flood occured, we wouldn't have those vast amounts of layers."

Would we not? Interesting. You do realize that according to the flood story, water was under the crust of the earth. I brought it up in here before. This was forced through the surface during the flood. After the waters receeded, I would imagine the earth would have several layers.

2. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    Would we not? Interesting. You do realize that according to the flood story, water was under the crust of the earth. I brought it up in here before. This was forced through the surface during the flood. After the waters receeded, I would imagine the earth would have several layers.

Then it would make sense that there would be streaks instead of layers. Water seeping up through something will leave particles of what it went through as it goes up. Water will also flow through where it is easiest. Such as if water is going to flow through the ground, it will flow around rocks and go through the softer soil. Sort of like water erosion. You will get verticle'ish creases where it was easier for the water to flow up and back down. Given how violent the floods must have been, the ground must have gotten messed up (obviously) so it would not be a uniform draining of the water. As for it seeping up, it may have been more uniform, but I still think there would be variations. Layers would not be the reasonable result from water seeping up and down through the ground.

3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Not seeping, bursting. ;) And just to clarify, this water was supposedly under the crust, not in it.

4. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    Not seeping, bursting.

Okay, so there would still be no layers from it bursting the soil.

So how did the layers form? If not from the water comming up, then sinking in? I covered that.

5. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    There is also some clear pattern in fossil layers. For example, there is no recent mammal fossils under dinossaur fossils. Other: there is never modern bird fossils under trilobites fossils. Why is that? Isn't the flood the creator of all fossils? If they were deposited by the flood, there would be no arranged patterns, the distribution of fossils would be much more uniform and they wouldn't be neatly organized in layers (which indicates they were formed in different ages, the older under the newer ones).

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    water was under the crust of the earth

Uh, no, I think the mantle is under the crust; magma and stuff. IIRC, all the water on Earth is much closer to the surface.

7. Vagrant

Vagrant Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    How did the Flood bury forests on top of each other? Must have been some freaky currents. And where are those pre-flood people? No human remains have been found at the "deep" end of the geological column.

8. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    If you are going explain away layer upon layer of differing plant and animal types and layers of fossilized coral upon fossilized forests on global flooding, you would have to say there were multiple flooding episodes as opposed to only one. The evidence speaks for itself. Flooding is not a plausible mechanism for creating all the geological and paleontological features we see today. The rocks themselves tell us it's far more complex and took a lot longer than flood theorists give credit.

9. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yes but it is unfortunate that the die-hard Biblical Literalists will over look logic and the obvious just to believe that from over 3,000 years ago.

Blinding, Faith is.

10. Vagrant

Vagrant Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    It appears that creationists make their flood theories with the following method:
    If the evidence contradicts the Scriptures, the evidence is to be discarded.

Not a constructive way to explain the geological column.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.