main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Nobody dies tonight!~ L/M Humor (Self-realisation challenge response)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by verybusy, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Title: Nobody dies tonight!
    Author: VeryBusy
    Timeframe: Somewhere Beyond
    Characters: Luke and Mara (others never got a chance to show up)
    Genre: Humor Self Parody!
    Summary: There might be various reasons for not meeting the family. In Response to the self-realization challenge.

[i][color=darkred]All of us have little tropes, cliches and the like that we use in our stories. Little patterns that creep into our fics. This challenge is to have the characters in the viggie realize they're in your fic and have them react to those little idiosyncracies.

It can be any era, any characters, any genre. Serious, angsty, a total parody... just one rule.

*Whispers* They know they're in the fic!

- RK_Striker_JK_5 [/color] [/i]

[hr]

[b]A long, long time ago? in a Galaxy far, far away?. All the fighting was over, no political crisis was waiting ?. The only thing left to do was giving the main characters a chance to meet again?.. but then: [/b]

?Do you know which channel is showing the sling-ball final tonight?? Luke Skywalker grabbed the remote from the living room table and let himself fall into the oversized armchair in front of the holonet.

?You are kidding me, aren?t you?? Mara stopped on her way to the bathroom and turned around being rather annoyed.

[i]He couldn?t mean this seriously, could he? [/i]

?Don?t you think that it is time to get dressed?? While standing in the doorframe she critically examined her husband?s attire. ?We are meeting Han and Leia for dinner in half an hour and I don?t see the head of the Jedi order wearing sweat pants when entering their building.?

Luke looked at her wearing exactly that Innocent Farm Boy expression on his face she had learned to read so well during the last years.

[i]There was something going on for sure! [/i]

His voice was above any suspicion though. ?Why not ?? They are new and I thought you liked me wearing them?? He turned back to the holonet and flipped through the channels. ?Oh yes, the dinner?.?

Although she loved it, his banter could not fool her for a millisecond ? something occupied his thoughts; nevertheless she decided to play along for the moment.

?Yeah, farm boy?the dinner, and although I think you look cute in those pants I would rather not have people realizing that the Great Jedi Master is not that tall and I can assure you they will if they see that you had to roll up the trousers legs three times in order to make them fit.?
    Mara stepped into the room and held out her hand in order to pull her husband out of the chair.

?Hey I never recalled you complaining, I am tall enough?.? Luke took her offered hand but instead of getting up he pulled her down into his lab.

Mara decided that ? although it was tempting ? she would not let him get him get away like this, she gave him a quick peek on the forehead, but then wriggled out of his lab again. ?Sure Shorty, you are the greatest, but now we need to get going??

Luke tried to pull her near again. ?No we don?t ?. I just called Leia and cancelled it?.?

?You did WHAT?? Mara broke away from the embrace and jumped up...
    ?Are you crazy? We were planning this for weeks ? and you are just cancelling it because of this stupid game??
    She had though she knew her husband well by now, but this was totally out of character for him.

?It is not what you think?. I just had to do so, because?.? Luke sighted ?You know it is [i]Fan Fiction[/i] time right now?..? He studied the different colors on the carpet.

Mara tried to calm herself down, ?I know perfectly well that we are not in any Profic at the moment, but this has nothing to do with?? She watched him more carefully.
    Fan Fiction times could be difficult. Dependent on the writer and on the genre, she could not recall how many times she or Luke had suffered during those periods, but the way they were allowed to interact with each other usually made up for it.
    A scary

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, I loved it!! Great job there, lady! Luke and Mara were cracking me up--she called him Shorty! [face_laugh]

And:

Luke groaned. ?Sweetheart, could you please get up, after having you sitting in my lap for 36 hours, I can?t feel my thighs anymore??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What a place to leave them hanging in! And I commiserate on writing Han. He slows me down, too! And as for your title--well, I love it, how could I not?? Let's adapt that as our mantra. ;)

Great work! :D

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I absolutely LOVED this! [face_love] A wonderful response to a challenge! :D

=D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Delightful!! =D= Hope the shoes keep working. :D ;)

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    HeeHeeHee! You had me laughing!

LOL Moment: "the Great Jedi Master is not that tall and I can assure you they will if they see that you had to roll up the trousers legs three times in order to make them fit.? [face_laugh]

Well done! =D=

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "everyone is going to survive this time.?

Sure, there were other ways to let people suffer.

That's putting it midly!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved Mara teasing Luke for being short

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, poor Mara and Luke, stuck there while you figure out how to move the fic forward... *Snigger*

Wonderful response, verybusy. Yes, get to the door!

8. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    ginchy: I really hoped you would like it! [:D]

And as for your title--well, I love it, how could I not?? Let's adapt that as our mantra.

So something like: "As long as we write, nobody is going to die tonight!"
    I would definetly like it, though .... :D

VaderLVR64 :
    I absolutely LOVED this! A wonderful response to a challenge!

[face_blush] Thank you so much! [:D] And thanks again for proofreading... @};-

Jade_eyes :
    Delightful!! Hope the shoes keep working.

The shoes currently work fine... I really have another idea for a story.... only problem is that these days are packed with DRL tasks and writing is only low priority compared to some of the others. [face_worried]

Jade_Pilot : Thanks! I am glad I could give you a LOL moment. :D I always wanted to include this into one of my stories since I read Betrayal

KELIA : :D
    "everyone is going to survive this time.?

Sure, there were other ways to let people suffer.

That's putting it midly!

Well, I always thought they are strong and able to put up with all kind of horrible things we are usually going to throw at them.... it is good that Luke hasn't come up with the idea to write a story about his "writers" by now.... [face_worried]

RK_Striker_JK_5 : ...and thanks for the challlenge! this was really a great idea and I had much fun letting Luke and Mara suffer this way ;)

cheers,

VeryBusy

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    :D

That was great! =D=

Luke groaned. ?Sweetheart, could you please get up, after having you sitting in my lap for 36 hours, I can?t feel my thighs anymore??

She blinked again, disbelievingly. ?Three days?? Why should we have sat here this long? Didn?t you just tell me that VeryBusy is writing a story about us??

Luke gently grabbed her around the waist and lifted her into a standing position ?I told you about this three days ago? and with this VeryBusy?s muse decided that she had worked hard enough and it was time to shop for some new shoes.?

*falls on the floor laughing*

Damn muses!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

10. verybusy

Sep 18, 2006
    Jedi Trace :
    *falls on the floor laughing*

Damn muses!

Ya know my muse is stubborn and kind of spoiled. shoes are a vital element for her to remain in a creative mode.... ;)

cheers,

VeryBusy

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    "Nobody dies tonight." [face_laugh] This was all-around fantabulous! The part with the muse, gone shopping for shoes, and Luke in sweat pants... Loved every bit of it. Great work with the challenge. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.