"Nobody ever invented a polite word for a killin' yet." - The Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Spielberg-Fan27, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    I read the essays from that book regarding the films I had seen a couple of years back. Got it from the library. Don't remember a whole lot about it at this point.
  2. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    There is a remake of "Charade" ready to be released, called "The Trouble with Charlie," (I think) and starring Mark Wahlberg and Thandi Newton. The question is: why? What was wrong with the first one? And wow, I can just see Wahlberg and Newton erasing our memories of Grant, Hepburn and Matthau. (sarcasm)

3. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    I heard about that a while ago. I am seriously angry with Hollywood. The first one was a masterpiece, but I think we'll all agree that Thandie Newton is no Hepburn and Wahlberg doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with that other guy who I'm not going to mention in this sentence. Cary Grant, that's who I was talking about. :p

Hopefully, this one meets the same fate as that other Hepburn remake, Sabrina . . .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.