main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Nobody on the boards tonight?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    I was just checking and noticed there wasn't any action on the boards. Maybe everyones busy. I was kinda looking forward to the possibility of people getting together tonight on xdarthsmithiousx invite and being able to meet a few of you. But I guess not.

I ordered a Boba Fett vest for my son's new costume this morning from a member in The Dented Helmet (TDH) forums who has made quite a few for some other TDH'rs. We're excited and we've decided to do the ROTJ Special Edition costume featured in the Visual Dictionary. Hope to have it done by Halloween and ready for trooping at upcomming conventions.

And Ultimate_Mamas_Boy I ordered a new set of coveralls and work shirt to make that new Jango jumpsuit I had mentioned. Red Kap work clothes manufacturer makes them in a color that is very similar to the screen accurate color. Plus, Tomorrow I should be closing a deal to have a new jetpack made and delivered in kit form by the beginning of October. Once I've got those two pieces done hopefully I might be able to join you guys in costuming events, and I should finally have a costume that'll be good enough for 501st standards (I hope [face_praying] anyways) The only thing I'll be missing is Slave 1! Hhmm, I wonder if I can transform our Toyota into a 1/4 scale Slave 1[face_thinking] , nah probably wouldn't pass DMV regs...and I'd have a heck of a time explaining it to the neighbors. The neighbors across the street already think I'm crazy after they saw me getting into the car in full costume to go to the Premier. Oh well!

How about others, do you make your costumes? Is there a costumer among the group that kind of does everyones. I made my son's EPII Anakin costume from a Simplicity pattern I got at Walmart for a kids bath robe and pant set. I also made his Anakin belt from leather and hardware I got at the Leather Factory in Clovis. There's a really good Internet supplier of replica belt buckles from the various movie Jedi belts. They recently changed names and sites, so I've gotta research the TDH forums to find the new name. However, lately there has been some negative customer service relations going on between the supplier and customers.

p.s. I'm still checking into those Pazaak cards! However, I forgot the specifics about how many cards in a deck and other things, so I guess I'm going to have to play a little KOTOR tonight. Darn.

2. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Yeah, the plans to get together kind of fell through, with it being a worknight for some, and a school night for others. We're having practice on Friday, so you should come to that, and see what we do, and who we are. -Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.