main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noghri Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthIntegral, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, this is a fan club threads of sorts, I just didn't want to have a boring title like "xyz fan club", as that's kind of a generic name.

Anyways, this is a thread dedicated to discussing the baddest, scariest, most lethal species in the Galaxy. All I know, is I would never want to run into a Noghri in a dark alley!

So come, join, discuss, gush, do whatever you want, just don't upset any Noghri!

By the way, I searched for a Noghri thread, but couldn't find one. If one already exists, please point me towards it!

2. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    Don't want to see this die...

The Noghri are freaking awesome. I've done some fan fics, and it's so cool to use them in the story. Usually I have specificially for commando missions. They're like the elite. It would so be worth it to see a Noghri and a Jedi go at it with no weapons. I'd be willing to bet on the Noghri. Noghri are awesome!

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Very good idea.
    Noghri rock. One of my favourite species.
    And I wouldn't mind running into one in a dark alley. Bett that actually having to face one.:eek:
    If this thread feed me enough infos on them, maybe I can hook my fanfic character with one. =P~
    So get the facts rolling

What I always wondered: did none of them stay on Honoghr. (Yeees, sorry, havent read widely in the EU[face_blush] )

4. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    I am also a fan of these guys. I really love Meewalh and Caahmak(sp?). And actually, Caah-whateverhisnameis did go 1v1 with Alema for a few secs. They both had weapons, and the Noghri was winning! He was using his hook/club thingy, and she was using a lightsaber. Eventually he raked the hook across her tendons in her wrist, so she lost her lightsaber. But when he was going to kill her with a blow to the head, he saw Leia's expression (she didn't want Alema to die) and tried turning it into a stunning blow. But Alema used that precious sec to throw the Noghri into the Falcon, where he passed out.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Interesting idea, a Noghri vs. a Jedi, no weapons.

All depends on who the Jedi is, obviously, and if you count the Force as a weapon. Without the force as his ally, the Jedi would stand very little chance. With the Force, and hence enhanced agility et al, the Jedi could win with proper training and discipline.

Obviously, minus Jedi with their lightsabers, I would take a Noghri over anyone else in the galaxy.

6. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    this is such a good idea i want to be apart of this i had kinda the same thought inn mind.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Considering Noghri with sticks can beat up on stormies in armour with the E-11s, I think they're some of the best warriors in the galaxy.

Plus we saw them kill a Jedi in a Republic issue. 66 or 68 I think.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Noghri are one of the best fighters in the Galaxy and MsLanna Some Noghri did stay on Honoghr even after they left the empire, and try to make their planet able to sustain them. Some Noghri have set up other homes on different planet' s for example they did set up a village on Wayland.

I wouldn't mind meeting a Noghri in a dark alley so long as I wasn't the person he was waiting for;)

9. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    Gotta love a species this lethal and bad a**. Even though their loyalties are based on the fact that "Lady Vader" constantly puts them in harm's way almost as much as her father did.

10. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Indeed. Noghri RULE.

11. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    can we make this like a offical club? it's just an idea. i think that would be cool!
    Yes, No maybe?

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I would LOVE to make this an official fan club.

What's the procedure?

13. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005

well i gues you would PM Naboo with the idea. and with her apporval. we can make this a club. i can helo you along with it if you want[face_thinking] i have some good ideas

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I sent a PM before I created the thread asking if it was ok, and she said there wasn't a real problem, as long as it wasn't a redundant thread (which its not)

So, I guess we're good on that end

15. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    so now i guess you start taking in members. i would like to be the first to apply in that case. then you make a leadership consisting of certain members. then you give them ranks and stuff and from there it lifts off

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, that's simple enough.

I suppose we could make it really simple now, and change it later if need be.

So, for now, just add your name to the list.

Roster
    1. DarthIntegral

And, continue with the discussion on why the Noghri are amazing!

17. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    Roster
    1. DarthIntegral
    2. Jedi_AnakinSolo

i can get more people

18. Force-Deity

Force-Deity Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2005
    Hello, I'm Force-Deity and I'll be taking over...I mean joining your club.:D

19. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    lets not get out of hand deity. at least not let
    Roster
    1. DarthIntegral
    2. Jedi_AnakinSolo
    3. Force-Deity

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Good to have you aboard, Diety

21. Force-Deity

Force-Deity Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2005
    Sorry I was in a "Become Emperor of the EUC" tipe of mood. :D

Pleas note that the above is a Joke.

Thanks.

22. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    Heyheyhey, put me down as fourth. :p

23. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    sorry anyone who like jacen cannot join, J/K :D

Roster
    1. DarthIntegral
    2. Jedi_AnakinSolo
    3. Force-Deity
    4. JacenKatarnC3PX

24. JacenKatarnC3PX

Apr 2, 2005
    Hmmm, I can't wait till Battlefront II comes out. Looks soo good!!

25. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Aug 24, 2005
    that is true. Noghri would kick some a** in that game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.