main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nom Anor (DW Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tie_Defender_Pilot, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tie_Defender_Pilot

Tie_Defender_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    When is he finally going to die? He should have been killed off by now. I thought he was sure to be executed after his failures in traitor. Not that I don't find him useful to the series, but how has neither side killed him yet?

Edit: Since people have started dropping them in, and even from the outset it seems like it, I've added a spoiler warning. :)

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    He can still make a worthy advisary. I say, let the story keep him, we will know when his time is definetly up.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Most likely due to the fact of his remarkable sucess rate. Yes he lost Jacen Solo but there was blame to go around on that one and he was riding the wave from Duros. He destroyed at least two planets in a Civil War and seriously disrupted the Empire. As for why Leia or any of the others didn't kill him....

They were all busy at the time

4. First_Evil

First_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I get the feeling that Nom Anor's going to be around for a while.

During his analysis of the Heretic meeting he attended, Nom Anor speculated that the Heretics needed a messiah or other leader to organize themselves around. And Nom Anor also noted that he himself has played that role before.

And now he's wanted by the Vong authorities.

Am I the only person who thought Nom Anor will be playing the Heretics' messiah among the Vong?

He might even become a True Believer (far fetched, I know) if he figures out that Shimmra/Onimi's power is similar to Jedi Force power. It'd certainly add ammo to his rhetoric.

5. bacca_the_cookie

bacca_the_cookie Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2002
    After reading DW I can see Nom Anor as the first Vong senator. He plays a pivotal stopping the war by helping the Shamed Ones. Then is monumental in helping Yuuzhan Vong relations after the war.

6. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    He's much too much of a self-serving bastard for that. Borsk never had anything on him.

I like Nom Anor. Favourite Vong villain, in fact. In my opinion he's been seriously botched up in the books following Vector Prime. Kind've a slow descent. T'was Balance Point that ''did it''.

GOD I hate that book...

7. DarthDave

DarthDave Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2000
    I thought he stole the show in DW. Most fun character to read. I have a suspicion he actually might live out the NJO though that is highly unlikely

8. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    he's one of those characters that will never die or will die at the very very very end. Like that guy in the new version of The Mummy, Benie (if you've seen the movie you'll understand).

I like him though.

9. Tie_Defender_Pilot

Tie_Defender_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    I would be surprised if he lived out the NJO. He is friendless at this point, and both sides want his head. I don't think the NR would accept him as a turncoat after all the harm he's caused.

10. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    thought he was sure to be executed after his failures in traitor.

i was wondering how he would avoid execution, too, until Shimrra had that big meeting with all the caste leaders and i realized that they were all screw-ups. the warrior caste has taken too many losses, the priests have allowed heresy to flourish, the shapers can't control the World Brain, etc etc etc. Nom Anor's no worse than any of the others.

11. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I would be a little shocked to see Nom Anor survive the NJO. But, it isnt impossible, if his character can be written into something afterward.

IMHO, Nom Anor is the major NJO villian even bigger than Shimrra and Tsavong Lah.

12. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    Nom Anor is the ultimate survivor. I would not be surprised if his still alive at the end of the NJO series.

What is certain is that Nom Anor ia clearly at a crossroads after DW. Perhaps he will be the force heretic in the upcoming Force Heretic series. Obviously he has lost whatever faith he had in the official religion or leadership of the YV.

13. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Nom Anor is going to be the leader of the Vong heretics. He noted that the heretics needed a spiritual leader, and he's an outcast now, like they are. And he's good at causing trouble, and doing this would get back at his enemies in the Vong (and he seems to get a kick out of rabble-rousing).

14. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I think that if he plots with the Shamed Ones and become their leader, that perhaps he will negotiate some kind of deal with the Republic. He posseses a huge amount of information on the Vong, society, culture, military, intilligence, hierachy, fleet movements, etc. In the end he is a very valuable source for the Republic and should he play a huge role in end of the Vong crisis, then he would be granted amnesty, or something along those lines.

I'm not 100% convinced that Nom Anor felt his spies were giving him accurate information. I think he might have contemplated it being a trap, and he does have a way out of everything.

I personally do not want to see a dead Nom Anor.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    For the same reason as why Fey'lya never died, or was never removed from any political office for that matter, until SbS. He's just to slippery.

16. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Good point. I doubt Nom will die, at least until the very end. Forget a cat's 9 lives; he's got more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.