main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominate your new CR here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    As per my other thread, this one is for nominations for a new CR. As much as I love you guys I can't continue leading, so I'm hoping someone else will be able to step up to the job. Anyone can nominate, and self-nominations are perfectly acceptable. If a vote is required we'll work out the details for an election at a later point in time. Right now I'm just worried if there's anyone here that will *want* the job. ;)

Richie nominated Mike (DarthWormie) for the job, a nomination which I second wholeheartedly. Mike, if you accept, just let us know. We won't hate you if you say no. :)

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I second that vote for Mike. Mike is great and would do well as a rep.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Oh guys I'm so flattered, I reall am. I'm torn though because I'd love to step up and be able to help out, but as I've mentioned in a couple of other posts, my wife is starting a new schedule this weekend (tonight actually) which means she works full-time Friday-Monday which would leave me absent from many of our meets due to a lack of available baby-sitters.

I will if you let me, fill in as a temporary CR for the next few months until someone who can dedicate the time necessary for a post like this decides they would like to take the role or Rosie feels well enough to reclaim her rightful position as our CR.

I promise I will not order the assembly of a grand Army of the Republic nor will I ask for supreme control until our leader returns. ;) I'll just do my best to try and fill some pretty big shoes and keep her seat warm until she returns.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I second that nomination! Ohhh wait... someone already second-ed that nomination. Is second-ed even a word [face_thinking]? What were we talking about in the first place 8-}? Well whatever the count is I'm in [face_peace]!

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    You can third the nomination, but I think that that is a good nomination.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Rosie, I'm so sorry to see you'll be leaving us, and also the circumstances under which you have to go :( Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you're doing.

In regards to the CR issue, if anyone has any questions, issues, or comments they don't wish to make on the boards, please feel free to PM me and I will help out anyway I can.

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Mike I understand your concerns. Right now everyone here is so busy and we all have such different schedules that getting people to meets has been a problem. We put a lot of work into Super Megafest and I think that burned some of us out (certainly did for me). I'm really proud of what we did there so I think it's perfectly fine for the group to be laid back for a while until people with more time and energy feel like putting together the next big thing. :)

If you became CR now your most important job would be on the boards here - not that we have problems very often, but when we do you'll need to communicate with Meriwyn about them. You're also going to be the contact person for the group. Other than that the level of your involvement is completely up to you. Meetings can be less frequent and better tailored to people's availability with proper planning hopefully. If you can't make it to them, that's ok to me - you post a lot here so it's not like you're not involved at all.

I'm going to leave this open until the end of this week. This is the only nomination I've received so please make any others by 11:50pm this Saturday. :)

EDIT: Meri, it makes me sad too. :( But I'll be around. And I'll be back!

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm not throwing my name into the ring here but if there's anything that I can do to help while the group goes through this "interim" period of CR's I'd be more than willing to do so. I spend plenty of time in front of a computer during the day and can help out with fielding and relaying questions to the powers that be (whether that is Mike or Meriwyn), as well as help to keep an eye on things to make sure no thread or posts goes against the ToS.

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, if no one else steps up between now and tomorrow night, I would be more than honored to step up and assume the role as the Boston Rebels CR. It may mean for at least the winter months that we go to an every-other month schedule for meets, but that is something that can be ironed out all in good time.

I honestly and truly thank everyone out there that thought I was worthy enough to be nominated for this position. Like I said before, I have some big shoes to fill. I see the amount of sweat equity Rosie put into the position and I don't plan on letting her, or any of you down. I will be available to anyone who needs to contact me for whatever reason.

Again, thanks for your confidence, trust, support and friendship. Here's to a successful 2006 for the Boston Rebels.

10. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Just let me know when you guys are sure so that I can make the necessary changes :) Rosie, I'll give you a call at some point to see how things are going.

11. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I think you can make DW official, Meriwyn. Most of the active members have expressed approval of him as the new CR. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.