main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominations for Chapter Rep

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Jairen, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey all,

OK, with the completion of a third meet-up (with photographic evidence :D ) it's time to look at selecting your CR. Please use this thread to put forward nominations for the role. You have until Friday midday (UK time) to complete your nominations. I will then start a thread with a list of the nominees. Rules for voting will be included in that thread.

Thanks all,

Phill

2. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    I'll be the first to nominate Master Fat Burt, mainly because he's probably the only one who wants the job!

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Master FatBurt of course! :cool:
    He got the North going, he deserves every bit of praise that comes his way.

4. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Ive been away from this site for a bit - have i missed something here -
    im happy with master(terry)fatbrut staying on as CR as long as he's ok with doing that ?

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    no. This is the official vote.

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm happy to stand for the official position.

I have some ideas in mind for next year but I'm not going to release any details till January. If I'm not successful then I'll pass the details on to whomever becomes the official CR of the North for them to do with as they please.

To Introduce a little bit of a contest I'm actually going to put Lord Ogli forwards as a contender should he wish it.

I think he did a fantastic job with the Marathon and being host to something like that is far more than my scruffy house could manage at the moment.

So if the Ogmeister is interested in going for the post I would be happy for him to try.

It's better if there is a few candidates rather than feeling you have to go for me just because I got our momentum going.

BTW Look at the Northwestern thread for details on a potential February meet (the only 2006 details I'm releasing but thats only because it's obvious).

7. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Master Fat Burt!

8. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Lord_Ogli

9. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    I don't mind you sticking my name in the hat. If i had my way everyone would work o closely the title won't really matter anyway and becides, U all know i have asperations of world domination anyway. Gotta start somewhere. [face_devil]

10. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Getting the groups to work together closely is exactly my intension but also the reason I created the groups in the first place.

It can be seen that the Northeastern lot are most active but that mainly because most of the Northern chapter members are based in that sort of area (for now)

I'd like to see it where all area's were as active as the Northeast but that won't happen until each area aquires more members (sends a shout out for more bods)

My hope is that each area is as active as it feels it needs to be and that we get together as a large group every 2-3 months maximum.

This is why I've posted more details about Collectormania (Gmex Manchester) in the NorthWestern thread as I'd like that to be a possible option for our next large meetup.

Either way I look forwards to running against you Lord O.

11. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Theres running involved [face_worried] I only run if i'm being chased [face_shame_on_you]

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Ok

I'll enjoy having a leisurely walk against you

:p

Must change my sig as well as I'm not as busy anymore.

What to use [face_thinking]

13. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Damn, and heres me about to remind you to get back to work.

14. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Hmmm a 2 horse race can't be had, so I nominate Black_Scout.

That is of course is she wishes to be nominated, if not then I will throw another name in to stir the pot up.

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    :eek:

Black-Scout

That would create no end of problems. It would be like putting a dominatrix in with a bunch of massochists.

She'd be like a Lady Vader in charge of some rebellious subjugated Jedi/Sith.

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    How old is Black_Scout? Remember that the CR must be at least 18 years old.

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Scouts 16 or 17 I think.

I can see her being more of a mastermind behind the CR.

I think we all know that regardless who get elected it'll be Scout pulling the strings :p

18. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Personly i think we should wait and have another AGM meeting to decide who doing what - ie the role of chapter rep .Then the question is when do we have another meeting all together as a thread .

jedi master booth
    secretary of the northen thread

19. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...I thought it was PM voting to Jairen....so I have...chance for all the Northerners to have a say this time, not just those who can attend meetings I guess....even the ones with only sheep for company! :D

20. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::oops:

21. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Well she can pull my strings any day, ehh, ehh, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more ehh.

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Calm it Lord O - you are now meant to be respektable as a nominee for Chapter Rep! [face_shame_on_you]

Dont abuse the power you dont have just yet....

//slips bromide into Lord O's tea....

23. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Thats not my tea, thats me mams, what ya slippin her :eek:

24. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Dont Fountains of Wayne do a song called 'Ogli's Mom has got it going on' ? [face_thinking]

The video is AWESOME [face_blush]

25. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    JMB. Just to let you know that all CR elections are done by PM through the RSA. This way it allows all members of the Northern board to have a say as it could be some time before we manage to get a large meet together again (It took 3 months to sort York out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.