main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Nominations for Chapter Rep

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I have come to the decision that it is time for me to pass the leadership baton to someone else in the group. My work schedule has become increasingly hectic, and I do not feel I can devote the time necessary to both family and a leadership capacity in the FanForce. I've had a good run, and I think we should begin the nomination process for someone else to step up.

I will remain Chapter Rep until a new representative has been chosen. Please be mindful of your suggestions.

2. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I nominate .... aww, we'll miss you Tiffany. You've done a great job.

I'll think about it for awhile before putting forth a nomination.

3. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Many thanks for getting me involved with the group, Tiffany. If it weren't for such a spiffy rep, I prolly wouldn't still be so interested in the group here. Seeing as I've only been to three meetings, I don't think it's appropriate for me to nominate anyone...

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I think that the people who would be willing to take on this position should step foreward first, rather than us nominating people who might not have time to do it.

I would love to see Mike come back as our leader, but I really don't know what his new schedule is like, if he's too busy, or maybe if he just plain doesn't want to. I'd feel bad if I nominated someone who didn't particularily want the position, and our activities would suffer from choosing an uninterested leader.

So can we have those willing step foreward instead of volunteering for them?

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Um . . . I'd be willing to.

Dana

6. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    We need someone with the ability to plan and host activities. If you feel this is you, please step forward.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    That's why I said, "Um". I can certainly plan things (whether or not people show up is a different matter altogether), but I'm not sure about hosting. My parents don't like it when I have a lot of people over. Or even two.

Dana

8. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Awww Tiffany. You have represented us well. And have planned and carried out many great activities. Thank you sooooo much for you kindness and opening your home to us. I do believe you were the right person for this job. However with new developments in your life, you realized that you are going to be very busy. So I respect your decision to step down. but on the bright side, you will be one of us! :) And you still come to activities I'm sure!

Therefore, I vote that HandyMan, Mike, to take over and lead our group with our support. I believe he is perhaps most qualified. He was once CityRep before, and who else has made up StarWars Cranium? Also, he is very dedicated to SW and our club. And he will be in the area for long time. I say we must vote for HandyMan if there is to be a new CityRep.

Those are my thoughts.

9. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I know I haven't been around lately, but I'm coming back in January and I would add my nomination to Tori's! C'mon Mike, you've always been the heart of our chapter!

10. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    If Mike can handle both his new position and city rep, I'd love to see him step back up. He started it.

Besides, everyone loves Mike!

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Guys, this was exactly my point. I'd love to see Mike take up the reins again, but we shouldn't pressure anyone into it. Let's wait, and see who WANTS the position before we declare our leader.

12. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    i dont know any of the parties involved, but i agree with spoo on the principle, its hard to turn down a nomination from your friends, and someone may take it even if they are unprepared or unwilling just so that they dont dissapoint. i wish i knew more so i could post something productive :p

13. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I think what has been missed is that a nomination in no way indicates the necessity of acceptance. The reason I asked for nominations was to give other members of the group the opportunity to be acknowledged by their peers for potential leadership.

14. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Yes, Tiffany, you are most right. WE are in charge of figuring out who could best be in charge of our group, thus we make proposals, nominations. Then the person nominated speaks for their self. This by no means is pressure someone rather, acknowledgement of them and their abilities. And to have others come forth and see if they are up to the challenge also. By no means is this a final say. (Just resaying what Tiffany did :p)

15. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Okie Dokey.

I nominate Mike! =)

16. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

Thanks for the nominations and the expressions of confidence. I'd be happy to do it again. I've just finished remodeling my place so I have room to host events.

However, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. If anyone else here really wants to do it, we can have an election and I'll fully support whatever the group wants.

Later,

17. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Nominations for City Representative will close on Friday, November 22 at 6:00pm. I will call for elections beginning Saturday, November 23.

At this stage we have only one definate nomination standing, and that is for Mike. If there are other nominations waiting, please make them before nominations are closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.