main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominations for City Rep

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If you wish to take the role or wish to nominate someone else to take the role...put their name up under this one. Someone can then start a poll and we'll vote to get this beast out of the way. Why don't we shoot for ending Nominations by 9PM Friday and final Votes on Sunday. Let's just get this done.

Marcy

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, thus far I've seen two people with interest, so I may as well toss the names up here:

jedisister
    BYOB_Kenobi

3. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I agree with Marcy - let's just get this done. I really don't have another nomination besides jedisister, but let's get the ball rolling! I like the time frame and I think we have enough people to know who is who. As far as other positions, we can decide that later (although I'm always willing to the accounting work)

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I was PMed a nomination for JediHexer today.

Also, I mentioned earlier that polls can be deceptive as they can be abused by socks. Something else to consider, is having another group meeting so everyone who couldn't go to C2 can be a part.

Just let me know when a group decision has been made (or I'll keep reading ;) )

5. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    One last thing.. if you are nominated and don't wish to take on the position, please leave a message here. That way, we don't have people voting for someone that doesn't even want to be a City Rep.. Know what I mean??

6. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Socks? I must have missed that post. I think the other problem with a poll is, someone from outside the area could possibly vote, not that they would want to. I think as long as everyone is mature enough and doesn't hold how someone votes against them, we can just post our vote, that way people know that the voter is from the group. If we want to go a secret ballot route, that's fine too I guess.

7. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Ah, the socks thing was in the next thread down.

8. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Nomination for:
    JediHexer

9. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I will go along with Jedisister or Jedihexer. Either will do.

10. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
  11. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You guys still remember I'm volunteering, right?

12. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    These are just nominations for CR - the vote (as I understrand it) will be at our next meeting - looking like the 18th.

As far as I know Eric does NOT want to be CR but he may be interested in president. Which means that right now there are 2 candidates for CR -

Jedisister
    BYOB_Kenobi

13. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Actually, after careful consideration, I don't want to do the CR position. I just don't always have access to the computer as often as would be necessary for that role. I would rather do something along the lines of "president/vice president" or group leader(getting the ball rolling for the meetings which seems that no one is real comfortable with doing and that's ok, I don't mind being a spokesperson!) I think that either BYOB Kenobi or if Jedihexer wants to, for his nomination. Of course we haven't seen his opinion about it at all lately, so I guess at the moment, BYOB has nomination.

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Rumors of me roughing up the other candidates are greatly exaggerated. ;)

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Actually, why don't we vote for City Rep on Sunday that way it's been decided and we can move on. The actualy leader types for the group should be voted on in person since we have people in the group who aren't active on the boards. But for the City Rep the only folks that need to vote for that position are the people on the boards since the City Rep is responsible for the boards if that makes any sense...So, we are sure that JediHexer is not interested in the City Rep position nor is JediSister that leaves BYOB_Kenobi. There is no one else that wants to do this or no one else that thinks someone else would be good at it? If so this is gonna be easier than I thought at least.

16. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Thanks to all those out there who thought I should be city rep. The truth is I am not the best computer person in town. That title does go to TOM. He workson them all day. I just do graphics on them.

Again thanks the thoughts...but it is a position best left to those who know what they are doing.

Eric

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Tell the truth, Eric. You work on a Macintosh, not a computer. 8-}

18. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Watch it there Tom, I develop software for both Win and Mac. IMHO the Mac interface is much more intuitive than Windoze...

But I digress...

:)

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh, don't worry. I'm just as guilty.

20. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hey BYOB--yours truly found this council via Mac, and if not for its simplicity, would be just another lone star wars geek reading books instead of surfing the net. Remember, the force binds all living things together--including both Mac & PC users!

Incidentally, seeing that a) I'm the new guy, and b) I can't make it to AOTC on the 18th/19th, I don't think I can make an informed vote on city rep. I'll support whoever.

21. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    The only computer skills needed for a CR is the ability to log onto this board and talk nice. You also have to be able to email me with stories/events.

:)

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    If you don't mind me asking, ma'am, why you?

23. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Because I'm the one who posts those for the Midwest (as RSA), it's also why the nominations, meeting notes, questions, and requests for board updates come to me.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Okay. I thought you were associated exclusively with Minnesota.

25. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Boy that would make me one busy body!

RSAs (Regional Support Admins) have their areas in their sigs. RSA duties are also on the same page of the FAQs as CRs in the above posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.