main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominations for new CR - Open Till the 23rd September

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I agree that we should be spending more time simply chatting on these boards, and talking about meet-ups etc, etc are fine on here as well.

Personally, for things like honorary member discussions etc, I like having the private boards. Not to keep the ideas secret from other groups, but to maintain the surprise for whoever is selected, just in case they wander by these boards and see it being discussed.

2. Yaddle_wisewoman

Yaddle_wisewoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2006
    Obviously I'm new to all this but I like what Hal suggests. Its sound not only reasonable but practical too with a helluva lump of enthusiam! And thats exactly what every community group needs.

Plus he's a really nice guy!

Got my vote. [face_batting]

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I entirely agree that this should be voted on. More than one person has been nominated.

I also agree that the private boards should be kept. For exactly this sort of thing. Voting, and as Phill said things like honorary membership.

And well done Phill for starting more social chats on here. Exactly what we need :)

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    As the deadline is drawing near, something else I want to say about this board vs private board

I think we should keep both, and consequently non-Midlanders should feel free and welcome to post here (there have been incidents where non-Midlanders have been...well let's say made unwelcome... for posting here.) This should stop.

If there is an issue where only the members should be commenting on, go to private board. And keep this board as an open haven, where ANYONE can chat. You never know when other members might move house into our area :p

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    could you point to an example please? i'm not being funny but i don't recall anyone being made unwelcome for posting here. there probably is somewhere but it slips my mind atm (it was probably me :p )

i do however recall being made to feel unwelcome for posting in other chapters forums, and receiving a "pm" asking me to mind my own business which contibuted to my feelings about these boards. and you yourself brought up the issue hal, in the southern boards a while back, with an amusing interchange between yourself and tim about posting on other chapters boards and how you would get banned etc for posting in the southern boards. hilarious stuff, and that ended in a "pm" :p

that's all the secret base? is, somewhere that only we can discuss things. the day to day flannel of these boards goes here, and when we have plans to do stuff such as the honorary member stuff or votes we hop over there. nobody is stopping anyone posting here.

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Here's the first one that springs to mind. Pretty sure there's others as well

http://boards.theforce.net/midlands/b10718/24440964/p1/?17

As for us on other boards, well to be honest it's all become a bit of a vicious circle. People moan when we post on their boards, and we moan when they post on ours. And no one remembers where it started.

At the end of the day, someone has to break that cycle and be the bigger man. I say it's us :)

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Great stuff has been said by Hal, he raised many valid points.
    I think he'd be a good CR.

I'm tempted to put "vote Hal" in my sig :p

I hope Hal if you are elected you can make the Midlands go in the direction you want it to. It would be good for FFUK.

8. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i better toddle over and vote!!

9. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, nominations are now complete. I have setup a poll on the private boards for voting with 5 days up time.

http://midlands.ff-uk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4675#4675

If you are a member of the Midlands Fan Force and you do not have access to this area, please register and PM me on these boards with your details so I can activate you account.

Thanks

Phill

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Done, and done! :)

11. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    all lights in the green!!

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5