main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Title: The Family Album
    Author: BigFatty
    Timeframe: Two years after TUF, AU
    Characters: Solos & Skywalkers, and the other usual people
    Summary: A look through the Fel family holo album
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or anything related to it. The only things in this story that are mine are Nawra, Adannah Skywalker, and any progeny of the Solo twins.
    Notes: This is what happens when two hobbies--fanfic and scrapbooking--collide. The image at the top of each post is a holo from the Fel family album and the subject of discussion for the post. This is story #4 in a series of AU J/J I have going. Stories that precede it are: Overkill, Over You, and Fix You.
    Also, I don't know what the posting schedule on this is going to be like, but it probably won't be too often especially since school is in the final push before exams.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/JainaJagWedding.jpg]

They said their relationship would never last. They were a wartime fling that was too good to be true. She, the daughter of a princess and one of the most famous men in the galaxy; he, the son of the Empire?s finest pilot and the galaxy?s most beautiful actress. No two people who were that good looking and successful in their endeavors could have an honest love for each other. And if those weren?t good enough reasons for their relationship not to last or to be a sham, there was the fact that she had always been true to her Rebel heritage, and he had been described more than once as a Chiss wearing a human costume.

So, I am sure you can imagine everyone?s surprise when this holo announcing their marriage was splayed across every sort of news media across the galaxy. And when I say surprise I mean the various betting pools either attempting to guess the date they would divorce or the date their first child would be born.

As for the latter pool, the answer is a year-and-a-half after my mom and dad married. My Great Aunt Iella still brags about how she won the family betting pool by getting within three days of the date of my birth.

But I?m not what this holo is about, so we?ll get back on course.

The wedding of my parents was exactly what they wanted, much to the dismay of the star-struck, sludge news addicts out there. A week after my dad proposed, he took Mom to Csilla to meet the Fel side of the family. The two of them returned to the known regions with my grandparents, Aunt Wyn, and Shawnkyr in tow. A week after that, my parents were married in a small and private ceremony on Ossus. While Dad maintains that the reason for their short engagement period was to keep the galaxy?s collective nose out of his family?s business, Mom has always said the reason was because she was afraid Grandma Solo?s princess side would come out in full force when it came to wedding plans.

The wedding was simple. Great Uncle Luke performed the ceremony. Mom jokes that she thought she was going to have to take a lightsaber to Grandpa?s wrist because it took forever for him to give her away. Everyone knows Mom would never hurt Grandpa and that he didn?t stall that long. She was his baby girl, and giving her to another man was the hardest things he ever had to do in his life. Or at least that is what my Dad told me when he was about to give me away at my wedding.

To ensure good behavior from both of my grandfathers when they were in the same room together, my parents informed each of their fathers in private that a bet had been placed by various friends and family members. The bet being whichever father showed ill-tempered behavior, as defined by a more than thorough list of actions and contingencies, would have to personally hand the pool?s credits to the winning father and their child. Each of my parents convinced their respective dads

2. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Names. I want to know the number and names of the children. :D

My sister was a scrap-booking instructor for Michael's for several years. It's addictive. (So's fanfic, who am I kidding)

Very poignant. I really like the narrative style.

S.

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm not a J/J fan, (Haven't picked my Jaina ship yet) but this is cute. I like the perspective you use and how you portray the characters.

:D So is there going to be sequels?

4. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I love this holo so much. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would point to this holo for my answer. I wanted to be happy, in love, and loved. I wanted to dance with a handsome man in a uniform while wearing a pretty dress and being able to do nothing else but smile the day away.

:_|Oh, Sara! This paragraph brought tears to my eyes. Every little girl's dream. I already love this more than anything else you have written. And I love the narrative style.

You?d think by now that the galaxy would have learned to not bet against a Solo.

Amen.:p

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Muchas gracia para la PM Sara.

I love your work.

I'm tickled that he named his first child Nawra. Nice to see her name live on.

evasive maneuver

That was one of the slogan choices. I'm thinking someone should write a fic for each of those slogan choices, just for fun.

Not wanting to ever lose to the other in-law, the joke continued on till the day Grandpa died.

I just wanted to cry. :_|

maid of honor was my Uncle Jacen, with my Aunt Shawnkyr serving as my father?s best man. Cousin Ben was adamant that because of his title Uncle Jacen should have to wear a dress,

That would have been side-splitting. Everyone would have had to run to the fresher. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Overall a 10+. I can't wait to see the rest of the album.

And I love the artwork. You are one talented girl. (along with Falcon Fan and Zonoma)

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This was wonderful! Please PM me when you update! :D

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **recovers from sentinmental blubbering to post a reply**

Oh, man--that's just delicious! I love the imagery, the narrative style, the nostalgic feel to the entire thing...and I'm so very flattered that you used the Jag and Jaina piece (appropriately colored by your talented self, of course!)! [face_blush] Just lovely! =D=

FF

8. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    skywalker: Names. I want to know the number and names of the children.

[face_laugh] All in good time, my friend.

Very poignant. I really like the narrative style.

Thank you :)

SoE: I like the perspective you use and how you portray the characters.

Thanks

So is there going to be sequels?

Yes, this story is going to be a series of drabbles with each post centering around a holo of a family member or members.

Z: This paragraph brought tears to my eyes. Every little girl's dream. I already love this more than anything else you have written. And I love the narrative style.

Thank you very much [face_blush]

Lola: Muchas gracia para la PM Sara.

De nada.

I love your work.

Overall a 10+. I can't wait to see the rest of the album.

I'll do my best to keep this up.

And I love the artwork.

If you've seen my coloring thread, then you know I love FF's work as well.

MamaVader: This was wonderful!

Thank you :D And you've been added to the PM list.

FF: Welcome to the land of fanfic ;)

Oh, man--that's just delicious! I love the imagery, the narrative style, the nostalgic feel to the entire thing

Thank you very much :D

Current PM list:
    Skywalker64089
    Lola
    Z
    VaderLVR

Anyone who wants added or removed, please let me know. :)

9. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    This was so very beautiful! And I love the "scrapbooking" feel. [face_love]

And so, thanks to an imaginary bet, my grandfathers behaved themselves. Not wanting to ever lose to the other in-law, the joke continued on till the day Grandpa died.

[face_laugh]

Cousin Ben was adamant that because of his title Uncle Jacen should have to wear a dress, but Ben didn?t win out.

[face_laugh] Now that would have been a picture for the scrapbooks. ;)

The have all kinds of flight-related euphemisms to describe actions they do. Some of them I don?t mind, other I don?t want to think about my parents doing. Obviously none of them were mentioned around my Grandpa Solo as Mom and Dad prepared to leave for their honeymoon.

[face_laugh]

I loved to wear Mom?s veil and her fancy slippers and walk around the house with a handful of freshly plucked flowers?or weeds?humming the traditional Corellian wedding march. Dad would come home and find me like that, smile, and say that it was as close to getting married as he?d ever let me get to experience.

That's just so sweet. [face_love]

Add me to the PM list, please. :)

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    * falls on the floor in front of Sara *

Oh Goddess!!! Thank you for your story!!!

I'm not worth of PM from you oh mighty one!!!

11. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    My mother's maid of honor was my Uncle Jacen, with my Aunt Shawnkyr serving as my father's best man. Cousin Ben was adamant that because of his title Uncle Jacen should have to wear a dress, but Ben didn't win out.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Greatest two fanfiction sentences EVER.

[face_laugh_so_hard_he_dies]

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I absolutly loved this![face_love]

Mom jokes that she thought she was going to have to take a lightsaber to Grandpa?s wrist because it took forever for him to give her away.
    I think my dad is going to be the same way[face_laugh]! (But he only has a year to get over it)

You?d think by now that the galaxy would have learned to not bet against a Solo.
    You'd think so wouldn't you?:p

I can't wait for more! I would love to be on the PM list!

13. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    j_o_e: This was so very beautiful!

Thank you :D

Chimpo: * falls on the floor in front of Sara * Oh Goddess!!! Thank you for your story!!!

Get off the floor, silly boy. I'm not sure if your message meant that you want a PM or not, so I'm putting you on the list. Let me know if you want off of it.

CrazyRodian: Greatest two fanfiction sentences EVER.

mavjade: I absolutly loved this!

Thank you [face_blush]

And a big [:D] to all my new readers. :)

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade

14. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    AHHHH.

So much love. [:D] I feel all warm and fuzzy and, yay :D

And please put me on the PM list. I'll take whatever warm fuzzies I can get ;)

Really, this is just...awww. Oh. :D So cute and happy and fluff, and, okay, I'm going to stop. ::bubbles over with vague happy feelings::

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I just read this and I thought it was great. This was a very sweet and excellent story, BigFatty.

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Mom jokes that she thought she was going to have to take a lightsaber to Grandpa?s wrist because it took forever for him to give her away.

[face_laugh]

My mother?s maid of honor was my Uncle Jacen

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Thank you for that! :D

It?s not that she let herself be tied down, she just found someone to run with her.

I love that line. Absolutely perfect :)

Great fice, Fatty :D Love the idea of telling about Jaina and Jag's wedding through the eys of one of their children and the artwork is outstanding. Great descriptions, loved the little stories about the day as they reveal so much about the characters, and you did a great job of adding humor as well as a feeling of genuine happiness :)

Very nicely done, feel free to PM me with updates :)

17. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    This is awsome. :D

18. SCRUFFYLVR

SCRUFFYLVR Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    I really love this!=D= I think the point of view you chose was perfect.Having Jaina and Jags' daughter tell the story makes a great way to have unique insights to both families.These are the kind of fics that I really enjoy. I look forward to more. =D=

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Sure I want a PM ;) Just tried to be original with my reply ;)

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    stickster: Really, this is just...awww.

Earthknight: Another new reader for me :D

I just read this and I thought it was great.

Thanks

YK: Love the idea of telling about Jaina and Jag's wedding through the eys of one of their children and the artwork is outstanding. Great descriptions, loved the little stories about the day as they reveal so much about the characters, and you did a great job of adding humor as well as a feeling of genuine happiness

Thank you very much [face_blush]

Valin: This is awsome.

Thanks

SCRUFFYLVR: Another new reader :D

These are the kind of fics that I really enjoy.

Me too ;)

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi

21. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Second post is off to beta, hopefully it will be up sometime this weekend or early next week. :)

22. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very sweet. I look forward to more.

23. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    To ensure good behavior from both of my grandfathers when they were in the same room together, my parents informed each of their fathers in private that a bet had been placed by various friends and family members. The bet being whichever father showed ill-tempered behavior, as defined by a more than thorough list of actions and contingencies, would have to personally hand the pool?s credits to the winning father and their child.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was very clever.

My mother?s maid of honor was my Uncle Jacen, with my Aunt Shawnkyr serving as my father?s best man. Cousin Ben was adamant that because of his title Uncle Jacen should have to wear a dress, but Ben didn?t win out.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh man, now I can?t get the image of Jacen in a lovely pink or lilac dress out of my mind. :_|

Wonderful as always, BF. I always enjoy the humor in your work. :D And the artwork is just amazingly good. =D=

Can?t wait for more. ;)

24. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Heh, this is great. I thought I replied earlier? though? *shrugs*

Add me to your PM list, please!

KT

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! This is so cute. I love how you have one of their children telling the story. Please add me to your PM list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.